User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Financial New Years Resolution

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you care to share, what is your financial resolution this year( pay down credit cards, mortgage, save money on food etc?)

This year, as in past years, I am trying to get an early start on RESP and TFSA contributions( retired now so no more RRSP contributions). My plan is also to start( with DH) estimating our tax refund/owing later this month to give us lots of time to review and make sure we don't miss any deductions. I was talking to a friend last night and they have some big education expenses coming up for their oldest child-so she is planning to vacation this summer at her Mum's cabin rather than splurge on vacation costs.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

What I have been working on for the past few months is paying off the Brick credit card (I know, why in the heck did I get that?) Long story, anyway, gotta pay it off first (33% interest, i think, a financial nightmare kind of credit card). Then will be People's Jewellers before the "don't pay for a year" expires in August.

I am contributing a LOT to these cards every month to totally get rid of both by August. Other than a small limit major credit card, those are the only ones we own, and I can't wait to make the last payments on those

Hoping to purchase our riding lawn mover with our income tax refunds in the spring (moved to the country and 4-5 hours to mow the lawn by hand is no freaking fun at all...)!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

continue to scrimp and save as usual.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

I will be starting a new business in the fall, so getting that all together is definitely a big goal. On top of that, I'm looking to make $12000 extra outside of the new business, existing business and DH's income. My final goal is to put an extra $12000 into savings.

It'll be quite a bit of work - but worth it!
    Want to learn how to coupon? Check out this ultimate guide to couponing in Canada!

Love Swagbucks? Check out Treasure Trooper! Same idea, but also has a chat room and pays to play with dragons! Pays in USD! Click here for a $5 bonus when you sign up!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I want to be more diligent in evaluating my expenses at month end to determine if what I spent brought value to my life. This is based on one of the exercises in the book "Your Money or Your Life". I relaxed a bit after my summer vacation and may have gone off track.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

My number one is that I need to put away $4000 for the two months when DH is in school (w/o pay). Then $2500 for home repairs. Whatever else I can save will go towards my student loan and our tfsa accts.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

working on putting the full amount down on our line of credit this year,bit by bit in maybe 3 or 4 lump extra payments got get rid of this and not use it -we havent in 3 years

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I`m trying to get my CC paid off.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My first financial goal this year is to budget better and stick with it. This will be my first full year on my own in my own place so it's easier for me to figure out how much and on what I am spending my money on. I want to also continue to save up for my anniversary payment on my mortgage. I've got my first anniversary payment pretty much locked up but I want to continue to save this year so that on the second anniversary I can make the max payment again. I'm also trying to save for a vacation to an undecided location in the next couple of years.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Because of reduced interest rates, I just renewed my mortgage at a much lower interest rate. Since I am accustomed to paying a higher amount every other week, I am going to increase my payment when the new rate starts back up to what I am currently paying, this will wipe another year off of my payments.

I am going to pay off my credit card, so that I am officially debt free, and will be diverting what I currently spend on debt to my savings account.

I am going to change my grocery shopping patterns and meal making pattern to be more in tune with my lifestyle.
    I currently do not plan ahead, and by the time dinner time comes around I do not have a lot of time to make what I want to eat, so I buy a lot of lunches/dinners out. I am going to start shopping on Sunday mornings, making a couple of roast chickens and prep veggies and salads and soups, that way everything is ready for when I get home at night and I can just throw together quick dinners......which will save me a lot of money every month in groceries.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I am just starting off to be financially independent after having my mom take care of it these past few years. Because of my job, I had to travel, work and study all at the same time. My goal not only this year but also the next 3 years is to save so I can finally get a place where I can finally call my home.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

um win the lottery!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Make as much of a dent in my LOC as I possibly can, would love to pay it off but time will tell if that is at all possible.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Good luck Mrs Sunshine!
    macw1960 likes this.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No more shopping. No more online shopping, online shopping is the death of my CCs.
    I am saving for a trip to Dubai commencing June 2014 to visit my sister (and my nieces and nephew!). I want to have another $9000 saved by then -- I plan to accomplish this by really watching every penny. It can be so easy to waste money on coffee and little snacks. I will take the time to think twice before wasting my hard earned money.
    I am excited to work hard and reach my goals! It is so satisfying, and when I'm playing at the Ocean with my 4 year old niece Addison, it will all be worth it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information