User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Anyone having any luck in online dating?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I can understand the drug thing too, but the moms and over weight thing is probably what is holding you back.

I have 3 kids and am over weight, but I am very beautiful, sexy as hell, highly intelligent, live a very active life that includes a lot of travel. I have a great guy in my life, however when I was unattached, I was beating the men off.

If you are going to eliminate women based on kids and body shape, you are going to be losing out on the potential at meeting the perfect woman for you. At the end of the day, being able to connect to someone on an intellectual and emotional level is the glue to a lasting relationship.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't like self centered bratty girls. For some reason, I have this idea in my head that dating sites are filled with girls seeking attention. But I am probably wrong.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think the biggest thing when it comes to internet dating is to remember that everyone has their own reason for being there, some good, some not so good depending on what you are looking for.

I admit the dating site I used was eharmony I made this choice because they did have higher cost to joining and thinking people would not pay this price unless they wanted something more than a hook up and in all fairness most guys who have contacted me that are paying members (free weekends are kind of a free for all) are looking for more than hook up but on the flip side of that I have a number of guys contact me who are paying the membership fee and looking to just hook up. You are going to get that I think no matter what site you use.

Another huge thing people do not always think about is no matter how open and honest two people are chatting through a computer or texting or whatever is different than being face to face and until you actually meet someone you never really know. I am not saying someone is lying or trying to deceive people but it is very easy to come off as a certain type of person when it comes to typing when in reality you are different. The biggest thing to remember is when typing and texting you do not have the emotion in the voice or facial expressions so you maybe joking and the other person does not get this or reads your message in a different way, this happens even off of dating sites. I know at work people have reminded to watch emails as sometimes things come off differently in type.

You cannot categorize everyone who joins a dating into one group. As one person mention they live out of the way, I completely agree with this. I live in a small town and can say that my options for meeting a guy here is limited especially since in my case my family is well known in the area and I will admit I prefer guys who does not live here and do not have an opinion on my family. I do not want to try to start a relationship with a guy who already has an opinion on my family and whether it be right or wrong end up fighting an uphill battle to get him to see the real me and the real us. As well I am very much a homebody, I enjoy going out but for me personally I am not comfortable going somewhere alone where I know no one, this does not mean I am clingy as I am not but yes when in a relationship I will go to events and outings with him I would not attend alone and usually have a wonderful time meet new people and enjoy myself. But the thought of going to something like this alone where I know no one makes me very nervous and would cause me to have awful time as I would feel out of place and keep to myself. So for myself personally online dating has opened me up to a whole group of people I would have never meet.
    electric_viking and vesper like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    How you doing?
    Watch out i_forget, Vesper is on the prowl.
    Oh, remember to leave the cellphone at home if you two do ever meet.
    Natalka, vesper and SassyAshley like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

no matter how you meet, you have to spend some alone time really doing some soul searching before you start looking at people as a potential "fill in the blank"

if you don't have a short list of absolute must have's and will not stand for's you will get swayed by misleading first impressions.

some people are forever saying "the good ones are taken" but i think it is that the good ones met with people who really knew what they wanted in a partner, and those people who really stuck to their short list of criteria are the ones who were able to really recognize the "good ones"

then you smooch and marry and realize that there is one (or two) aggravating habits that drive you up the freakin wall!

life's grand, ain't it?
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    As well I am very much a homebody, I enjoy going out but for me personally I am not comfortable going somewhere alone where I know no one, this does not mean I am clingy as I am not but yes when in a relationship I will go to events and outings with him I would not attend alone and usually have a wonderful time meet new people and enjoy myself. But the thought of going to something like this alone where I know no one makes me very nervous and would cause me to have awful time as I would feel out of place and keep to myself.
    Same here
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think the biggest thing when it comes to internet dating is to remember that everyone has their own reason for being there, some good, some not so good depending on what you are looking for.

I admit the dating site I used was eharmony I made this choice because they did have higher cost to joining and thinking people would not pay this price unless they wanted something more than a hook up and in all fairness most guys who have contacted me that are paying members (free weekends are kind of a free for all) are looking for more than hook up but on the flip side of that I have a number of guys contact me who are paying the membership fee and looking to just hook up. You are going to get that I think no matter what site you use.

Another huge thing people do not always think about is no matter how open and honest two people are chatting through a computer or texting or whatever is different than being face to face and until you actually meet someone you never really know. I am not saying someone is lying or trying to deceive people but it is very easy to come off as a certain type of person when it comes to typing when in reality you are different. The biggest thing to remember is when typing and texting you do not have the emotion in the voice or facial expressions so you maybe joking and the other person does not get this or reads your message in a different way, this happens even off of dating sites. I know at work people have reminded to watch emails as sometimes things come off differently in type.

You cannot categorize everyone who joins a dating into one group. As one person mention they live out of the way, I completely agree with this. I live in a small town and can say that my options for meeting a guy here is limited especially since in my case my family is well known in the area and I will admit I prefer guys who does not live here and do not have an opinion on my family. I do not want to try to start a relationship with a guy who already has an opinion on my family and whether it be right or wrong end up fighting an uphill battle to get him to see the real me and the real us. As well I am very much a homebody, I enjoy going out but for me personally I am not comfortable going somewhere alone where I know no one, this does not mean I am clingy as I am not but yes when in a relationship I will go to events and outings with him I would not attend alone and usually have a wonderful time meet new people and enjoy myself. But the thought of going to something like this alone where I know no one makes me very nervous and would cause me to have awful time as I would feel out of place and keep to myself. So for myself personally online dating has opened me up to a whole group of people I would have never meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by curt81 View Post
    Same here

Curt, meet Ashley. Ashley, meet Curt.
    anisa, Natalka, bdkmosher and 3 others like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    no matter how you meet, you have to spend some alone time really doing some soul searching before you start looking at people as a potential "fill in the blank"

if you don't have a short list of absolute must have's and will not stand for's you will get swayed by misleading first impressions.

some people are forever saying "the good ones are taken" but i think it is that the good ones met with people who really knew what they wanted in a partner, and those people who really stuck to their short list of criteria are the ones who were able to really recognize the "good ones"

then you smooch and marry and realize that there is one (or two) aggravating habits that drive you up the freakin wall!

life's grand, ain't it?
    True true true! Stick to that short list and be as picky as you possibly can with it. You aren't limiting yourself, you are doing yourself a huge favour!
    JadeAngel likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    Watch out i_forget, Vesper is on the prowl.
    Oh, remember to leave the cellphone at home if you two do ever meet.
    He is going to have to wait in line....in the meantime he can borrow the nylon prowler suit I ordered for myself....
    SassyAshley likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Are you the new match maker??????

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    Curt, meet Ashley. Ashley, meet Curt.
    i_forget likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Funny how I can't get a date, but I played matchmaker at work last week. Always putting others before me. Nothing like a guy whose been single for 9 years and being a matchmaker.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have not played match maker but I seem to be great at giving everyone else advice and so on when it comes to dating but I have not had a date in over 10 years. Yeah that was a sad moment when someone asked me the last time I was on a date and I did the math.

I kind of feel like I live the those who cannot do help and just sit here lonely. I am great at planning dates and special nights just do not have any of my own. As well apparently I give great advice on dating but yeah as for actually getting a date it does not happen.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have not played match maker but I seem to be great at giving everyone else advice and so on when it comes to dating but I have not had a date in over 10 years. Yeah that was a sad moment when someone asked me the last time I was on a date and I did the math.

I kind of feel like I live the those who cannot do help and just sit here lonely. I am great at planning dates and special nights just do not have any of my own. As well apparently I give great advice on dating but yeah as for actually getting a date it does not happen.
    Aww. You'll find someone hun.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I actually found my husband on a online dating site..though i will admit there is some strange characters on dating sites lol.You just have to filter out the good from the bad.
    Natalka and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i would never do internet dating!
    what starts on the internet
    ends on the internet
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information