User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Anyone having any luck in online dating?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have never done online dating. I outta though, most girls I end up with are perverts.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I'm not raising another man's kid...
    You'd expand the number of quality babes if you reconsidered this. There are a lot of women who married losers, and are now free, but with children.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can understand the drug thing too, but the moms and over weight thing is probably what is holding you back.

I have 3 kids and am over weight, but I am very beautiful, sexy as hell, highly intelligent, live a very active life that includes a lot of travel. I have a great guy in my life, however when I was unattached, I was beating the men off.

If you are going to eliminate women based on kids and body shape, you are going to be losing out on the potential at meeting the perfect woman for you. At the end of the day, being able to connect to someone on an intellectual and emotional level is the glue to a lasting relationship.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not raising another man's kid...
    Seriously? If the guy's any good, he'll be raising his own kid. Just because the couple split doesn't mean parenting stops. Sure there are a lot of deadbeat dads out there but I think the majority of fathers want to remain an active part of the kid's lives. With attitude like that, you may be single a long time.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have to agree with that others have said you cannot limit yourself. If you limit yourself too much you may miss out and I speak from experience. I have always been the type of girl who knew she wanted to settle down get married have kids so when I had the choice between two guys I choose the guy who wanted long term, marriage and kids. He turned out to be a lying ******* and now here I sit hoping for a chance with the other guy, granted this years later and he is the one who approached me.

I have spoken with single fathers and have nothing against them are there some I decided not to date yes, usually because of toxic relationship with an ex, but I would never fault someone for having kids and having a relationship that did not work out.

As for being overweight, I am overweight but this is me. I will admit I am very open and honest with guys that I am overweight and if they have issue with it they can walk away but to be honest I do not seeing being overweight as fault. Being overweight does not make me who I am, I am cute, pretty, am independent, have a great wonderful stable job, and so many other great qualities that have nothing to do with my weight.

You really never know who will be "the one" and all you can do is be open to people for who they are.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd date a woman with children and who is overweight, but it doesn't matter. I have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding someone. I don't bother anymore.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ouch
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

I met my husband on mIRC back in 1997 (I think)
    anisa, vesper and SassyAshley like this.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You are certainly narrowing your field!! I can't quite believe your statement that you would not raise another man's child? My DH and I are happily raising a child that neither of us is related to and it makes absolutely no difference-we adopted her and we feel privileged to be able to raise her. Hopefully once you find your dream woman you will be blessed enough to be able to father a child of your own-otherwise you may be eating your words if you have to go down the AI or adoption route! And don't forget that even in married couples there is a reported 10% non paternity rate which means that some men are raising other men's children without even knowing it! Best of luck to you!

LOL I'm not picky at all... No moms, no smokers, no druggies, and must be at least average in looks and not overweight. That's it.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Tue, Feb 4th, 2014 at 05:04 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

You have your requirements and personal priorities, and that is a-ok!

i'm not saying you are wrong or anything for not wanting to be the provider for an instant family that includes kids. however there are some pretty neat kiddos, and some awfully nice ladies you might be missing out on if you automatically rule all of that out.

good luck with finding someone
    vesper and SassyAshley like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

and i met hubby through a mutual aquaintance, not online but it was long distance. bit of a whirlwind affair!

was engaged with someone I met online (IRC). I think it was age more than anything that killed us.
    vesper and SassyAshley like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

let me tell you my cousin journey......
    first , he met her on the net
    second, they soon got maried ( ''darn iternet '', said my aunt)
    third, they got 3 kids in a row ( the oldest just start school)
    fourth,they are now divorced....
    vesper likes this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    let me tell you my cousin journey......
    first , he met her on the net
    second, they soon got maried ( ''darn iternet '', said my aunt)
    third, they got 3 kids in a row ( the oldest just start school)
    fourth,they are now divorced....
    You can't exactly blame the way a couple met for the fact that the relationship didn't work out. Marriages fail all the time, little to nothing to do with how they met. You don't ever hear someone say, "Oh, they met at work/in the produce section at the grocery store/at the gym. Had some kids. Now divorced. Darned job/groceries/gym."

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    You can't exactly blame the way a couple met for the fact that the relationship didn't work out. Marriages fail all the time, little to nothing to do with how they met. You don't ever hear someone say, "Oh, they met at work/in the produce section at the grocery store/at the gym. Had some kids. Now divorced. Darned job/groceries/gym."
    lol right , i agree with you ,this one was just one bad experience ( not all the time though) among many that had/have an happy ending
    Zonny, vesper and SassyAshley like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I don't see anything wrong with a man saying he doesn't want to raise another man's child. I made a decision many years ago to not even entertain the idea of having children in any relationship that had even a 0.0000001% of not working out. People make personal choices.

Anyways, as for the online dating thing, I did it for years, lead to a 7 year marriage till I threw him out , and a couple relationships after that. The night after I swore off online dating forever, I met the guy I'd been waiting for my entire life, by complete chance, through a mutual friend. If I'd stayed off the god damned computer I probably would have met him three years prior!

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information