User Tag List

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: All Purpose Entertainment News items thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My pleasure. Love sharing music.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Dolly Parton celebrates her 50th wedding anniversary

http://dollyparton.com/front-porch-s...iversary/11658
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

HP news - I thought it was exciting enough that the movie Fantastic Beasts is coming out in Nov.

Well, now there's a play which will be put on in London in a few months - Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, 19 yrs after the Deathly Hollows

http://globalnews.ca/news/2732202/se...-cursed-child/

Then a new book will come out, a script of that play

http://globalnews.ca/news/2509027/a-...ook-is-coming/

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Meatloaf stable after Edmonton concert collapse

US rock star Meat Loaf is "stable and in good condition" after collapsing on stage during a concert in Canada.
    Video footage from Thursday's concert in Edmonton shows the singer, whose real name is Marvin Lee Aday, falling on stage during his performance.
    Earlier in the week he had cancelled shows in Moose Jaw and Calgary, saying he was ill.
    The 68-year-old is one of rock's most successful recording artists, with hits including Bat Out of Hell.
    He was performing another hit, I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That), when he dropped his microphone and fell to the floor, video footage showed.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I sure hope he's okay. Prior to that happening, he had already cancelled a show in Moose Jaw, SK on the 11th due to illness, rescheduled it for beginning of July.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

today's story is brought to you by the letter "F" -- for "fired."

‘Sesame Street’ axes one, two, three favorite human characters
    “Sesame Street” is being brought to you today by the letters F-I-R-E-D and the color pink - as in slip.
    Three beloved characters from the 45-year-old children’s show - all humans - have been canned after appearing on the program for nearly half a century.
    Bob the music teacher, Gordon the science teacher and Luis the “Mr. Fix-It” - played by Bob McGrath, Roscoe Orman and Emilio Delgado, respectively - have been axed, the show said in a statement Thursday.

“They let all of the original cast members go, with the exception of Alan Muraoka — who is probably 20 years younger than the rest of us — and Chris Knowings, who is also young,” said McGrath, 84.
    The actor had been on the show since its inaugural 1969 season, when the character of Gordon (originally played by Garrett Saunders) was also introduced. Orman, 72, took over as Gordon in 1974.
    Delgado, 76, who played Luis, came on board in 1971 with his wife, Maria, played by Sonia Manzano. She left the show last year, but Gordon’s wife Susan, played by Loretta Long, will stick around for now.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2729512

Bob, Luis, Gordon
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

this makes me so sad....

Thomas Gibson Axed From ‘Criminal Minds’ After Allegedly Attacking Writer On Set

Thomas Gibson has been fired from “Criminal Minds” following reports of an on-set fracas with a writer that initially led to the actor being suspended for two episodes.

Gibson’s firing follows reports that he allegedly kicked a writer during a heated disagreement on the set of the hit CBS procedural, which led to Gibson facing a two-episode suspension.

“The incident occurred when Gibson was directing an episode of the drama’s upcoming 12th season and had a dispute with the hour’s writer, who also happened to be on set,” reports THR. “Insiders say they got into an argument and tempers on both sides flared with Gibson said to have instinctively reacted to aggression and kicked the writer.”

Following the incident, Gibson addressed his actions in the following statement:
    “There were creative differences on the set and a disagreement,” Gibson said in a statement to THR on Thursday. “I regret that it occurred. We all want to work together as a team to make the best show possible. We always have and we always will.”
    Gibson gave a subsequent statement to ET Canada following his dismissal: “I love ‘Criminal Minds’ and have put my heart and soul into it for the last twelve years,” reads the actor’s statement. “I had hoped to see it through to the end, but that won’t be possible now. I would just like to say thank you to the writers, producers, actors, our amazing crew, and, most importantly, the best fans that a show could ever hope to have.”

http://etcanada.com/news/159096/fire...writer-on-set/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So, you are just eating your pancakes when amazing happens....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nobel prize winner for living amongst goats.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

oh, I love it when anchors crack up!

as for goatman, what an idjit

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Prince William Knights Rod Stewart At Buckingham Palace

Rod Stewart is officially Sir Roderick David Stewart!
    The 71-year-old singer was knighted by Prince William on Tuesday at Buckingham Palace in recognition of his services to music and charity, and couldn’t look happier to receive the honor.

Stewart was accompanied by his wife, 45-year-old model Penny Lancaster, and their two children, 11-year-old Alastair and 5-year-old Aiden.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Bob Dylan wins Nobel prize for literature

US singer Bob Dylan has been awarded the 2016 Nobel Prize for Literature, becoming the first songwriter to win the prestigious award.
    The 75-year-old rock legend received the prize "for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition".
    The balladeer, artist and actor is the first American to win since novelist Toni Morrison in 1993.
    Hi songs include Blowin' in the Wind and The Times They are A-Changin'.
    Sara Danius, permanent secretary of the Swedish Academy, said Dylan had been chosen because he was "a great poet in the English speaking tradition".
    "For 54 years now he's been at it reinventing himself, constantly creating a new identity," she told reporters in Stockholm.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Wow, that's as lame as Obama's win...

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ed-cancer.html

Michael Bublé and wife Luisana's eldest son Noah, 3, diagnosed with cancer

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just two days after welcoming their second child, Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis have shared his name: Dimitri Portwood Kutcher.

The couple told A Plus that their new addition was born at 1:21 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 30, and weighed in at 8 lbs., 15 oz. (Dimitri’s middle name appears to honor Kutcher’s stepfather, Mark Portwood.) PEOPLE previously confirmed Dimitri’s big arrival.

Kutcher, 38, and Kunis, 33, are also parents to daughter Wyatt Isabelle, 2.
    GoJays likes this.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information