User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Inspirations.... add what inspires you!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My DH inspires me to do more, to do better and give my all everyday. Because he does the same for me everyday.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Tue, Mar 10th, 2015 at 09:31 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

This blew me away! A couple had their wedding Saturday in Toronto at a public park, and anyone could attend!

Marichka Kudriavsteva and Mark Marczyk tied the knot in front of hundreds of people at Dufferin Grove Park

Mark said couple chose a public space because they wanted entire community 'to be a part of it'
    Wedding procession paraded through the Dufferin mall after tying the knot
    Mark and Marichka met and fell in love during Ukraine's Euromaidan protests in Novemeber 2013

Lots of wonderful pics here, and much more info

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...blic-park.html

There were also videos of the dances and entertainment posted on FB, and I loved watching them!

The invitation, and why they wanted this

http://www.blogto.com/events/marczyk...lking-wedding/

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Last edited by bluerose; Fri, May 29th, 2015 at 05:07 PM.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stephen Curry inspires me... Hope they win the NBA championship!
    --- My favorite money-making sites and apps ---
    [SIZE=2]- GrabPoints ($129.43 this year)
    - eBates ($74.85 this year)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

lecale, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Love it when the RCMP have a sense of humour - to reinforce an important message:

RCMP in Saskatchewan are heading to a university party Saturday night and, like any courteous guest, they will be bringing the host a gift.

After hearing about the party in Lumsden, Sask., the Mounties posted this cheeky RSVP on Facebook, saying officers will bring snacks as well as a choice of possible charges for the party-goers.

Saskatchewan RCMP

Thanks for the invite to the underage frosh party in the #Lumsden area on Saturday night.

Lumsden #RCMP will bring chips and salsa and a choice of possible charges for the party goers, including:

• Open liquor - $250
    • Underage drinking - $360
    • Littering – $250
    • Providing liquor to a minor - $1050

Or you can make the smart choice and avoid meeting our officers!
    Stay safe. ^mm

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Love it when the RCMP have a sense of humour - to reinforce an important message:

RCMP in Saskatchewan are heading to a university party Saturday night and, like any courteous guest, they will be bringing the host a gift.

After hearing about the party in Lumsden, Sask., the Mounties posted this cheeky RSVP on Facebook, saying officers will bring snacks as well as a choice of possible charges for the party-goers.

Saskatchewan RCMP

Thanks for the invite to the underage frosh party in the #Lumsden area on Saturday night.

Lumsden #RCMP will bring chips and salsa and a choice of possible charges for the party goers, including:

• Open liquor - $250
    • Underage drinking - $360
    • Littering – $250
    • Providing liquor to a minor - $1050

Or you can make the smart choice and avoid meeting our officers!
    Stay safe. ^mm
    I thought this was awesome. Our small town SK cops had a good sense of humor when we had things like this as well.

CBC had a follow up showing the officers lived up to their end of the deal and took out the chips and salsa.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...arty-1.3236800
    Natalka, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

A true hero, indeed! Parents, you need to make sure your children know about him!

http://www.terryfox.org/TerryFox/T_Fox.html

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Eighty-seven-year-old Gladys Wilson has had Alzheimer’s for many years. No longer capable of speech, Gladys uses repetitive movement to express her feelings. Naomi Feil, founder of Validation Therapy, found a way to reach Mrs. Wilson through music and love.

By gently stroking Wilson’s face, Feil taps into the childhood memories of a mother’s love and safety. But the true breakthrough comes when Feil, reportedly Jewish, sings the songs of Mrs. Wilson’s Christian upbringing.

(Have some tissues ready...)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Eighty-seven-year-old Gladys Wilson has had Alzheimer’s for many years. No longer capable of speech, Gladys uses repetitive movement to express her feelings. Naomi Feil, founder of Validation Therapy, found a way to reach Mrs. Wilson through music and love.

By gently stroking Wilson’s face, Feil taps into the childhood memories of a mother’s love and safety. But the true breakthrough comes when Feil, reportedly Jewish, sings the songs of Mrs. Wilson’s Christian upbringing.

Oh, my, tissues, indeed, Natalka.

It brought back memories of my Mom when her alzeimers disease was taking her along this road it was amazing what sorts of things made her peaceful...when I said our prayers together (I had lost my Ukrainian prayers, so I said them in English) and held a picture of Jesus for her to see, she related and I know she was praying, too, and knew what it meant; when, just before her nap after lunch, I'd apply her pink Oil of Olay on her face, oh my gosh, I could just see the tension release into peace, by that familiar scent of her favourite face cream. My regret is that it was so late when I discovered that things like this could bring her so much peace...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, Lynn, that's lovely... but no regrets, you did good for her.
    Lynn49 and Davetherave like this.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I Love this! I actually had a tear. <3

Natalka, Lynn49, flemeth and 1 others like this.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

83-year-old Saskatchewan farmer fulfills lifelong dream and finishes high school

Completing the GED took two years and a 40-minute drive (one way) to the college from the family farm near Kelliher. One day a week, Thompson was in class with other adult learners studying Science, Social Studies, English and Math.

Although Thompson wanted to go back to school for decades, he got the inspiration to finally do it from a friend taking his GED.

"He was 60. And, I thought if he can take it, surely a guy that's 80 can do the same," said Thompson.

It wasn't uncommon for people from Thompson's generation to leave school unfinished and enter the workforce. For Thompson, he was in Grade 8 at Garnock Rural School when he left school to work on the family farm.

Eventually, Thompson bought land and started his own farm. He borrowed $90 from his mother to buy his first cow. "It wasn't that I didn't learn something at home. I know my dad was a good farmer and I learned from him and I was a successful farmer myself." In 1954, Thompson completed a two-year diploma in agriculture from the University of Saskatchewan. Then, a high-school degree wasn't required for entrance into the program. Instead, Thompson wrote an entrance exam.

About two weeks ago, Thompson's family held a graduation party at the family farm. One of his teachers at Parkland showed up and spoke about Thompson's accomplishment.

At the party, Thompson's grandchildren also taught him how to play beer pong.
    "I had to drink a little beer. It was fun," he said laughing.

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/farme...807/story.html

And from our premier

Brad Wall

Congrats to 83 year old David Thompson from Fort Qu'Appelle on your high school graduation.
    Sir..you are eligible for the $500 per year Saskatchewan Advantage Scholarship to help with your post-secondary studies.
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Oct 26th, 2015 at 11:46 PM.
    Momof3girlies and beckie.c like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

A sweet reminder of why it's important to keep JOY in your life!

and her response to seeing herself on the news is so cute

https://www.facebook.com/armand.fois...3820233805885/
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information