User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: What To Do About Trains

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I just got a train back with 6 mistakes. 4 bundles out of 11 had wrong coupons. 1 person sent 2 printables which I said I won't accept as my stores don't take them. 3 people sent me the Kellogg's, $0.75 Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, Krave, Froot Loops, Rice Krispies or Corn Pops 312-680g Cereal, 71198301, Jun 30,2014 when my wishlist asked for the Kelloggs Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, Corn Pops, rice Krispies Vanilla Flavour or Krave 312-975g $0.75 upc 71197874 June 30/15

Very similar coupons EXCEPT the expiry is a year later. I have more than enough of the 2014 coupon so I specifically asked for the 2015 expiry.

This is one of the reasons why I'm so frustrated with trains. As a conductor I sub in my own coupons to fix mistakes but then as a rider I get all these errors back. It's a lose-lose. I can't win by conducting because I end up being out more than before I hosted and I can't win for just riding because sometimes I get stuff I can't use back.

So now I'm left sitting here trying to figure out what to do. Mistakes happen so I don't feel right leaving neutrals for 1-2 coupons (seems super unfair for what it probably a legit mistake) but all those 1 coupons add up to half an envie I won't use. Asking them to resend is a huge waste of a stamp and also seems unfair.

Herein lies a major problem I've been having with trains.

I do need to be clear, this is not the first train it's happened. It's just the only one I've experienced since this thread started and I thought it would be a good time to try and explain some of the frustrations with VWT.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

maybe u could ask the riders to make it up to u on the next train u guys ride together?
    so on the next vwt u guys are on.. just send them a friendly reminder and don't feel bad about it.
    Tbites likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by angel_2011 View Post
    maybe u could ask the riders to make it up to u on the next train u guys ride together?
    so on the next vwt u guys are on.. just send them a friendly reminder and don't feel bad about it.
    That used to work but then people stopped riding regularly, also there's a lot of people on VWTs so you can't be sure you'll be on another one together for quite awhile (if ever). And then what if they make a mistake on the next one too?

Already I'd have a list of at least 4 people to remind, add a few trains/names and it's hard to keep track. And if it's that much work, is it even worth it any-more?

This is the catch 22 (so to speak).
    ROMEO, Tbites and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I just got a train back with 6 mistakes. 4 bundles out of 11 had wrong coupons. 1 person sent 2 printables which I said I won't accept as my stores don't take them. 3 people sent me the Kellogg's, $0.75 Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, Krave, Froot Loops, Rice Krispies or Corn Pops 312-680g Cereal, 71198301, Jun 30,2014 when my wishlist asked for the Kelloggs Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, Corn Pops, rice Krispies Vanilla Flavour or Krave 312-975g $0.75 upc 71197874 June 30/15

Very similar coupons EXCEPT the expiry is a year later. I have more than enough of the 2014 coupon so I specifically asked for the 2015 expiry.

This is one of the reasons why I'm so frustrated with trains. As a conductor I sub in my own coupons to fix mistakes but then as a rider I get all these errors back. It's a lose-lose. I can't win by conducting because I end up being out more than before I hosted and I can't win for just riding because sometimes I get stuff I can't use back.

So now I'm left sitting here trying to figure out what to do. Mistakes happen so I don't feel right leaving neutrals for 1-2 coupons (seems super unfair for what it probably a legit mistake) but all those 1 coupons add up to half an envie I won't use. Asking them to resend is a huge waste of a stamp and also seems unfair.

Herein lies a major problem I've been having with trains.

I do need to be clear, this is not the first train it's happened. It's just the only one I've experienced since this thread started and I thought it would be a good time to try and explain some of the frustrations with VWT.

In this situation - I would ask the CONDUCTOR to send you replacements right away. It IS their job to ensure you will receive the right coupons home.

I understand that the rider(s) made mistakes - probably honest ones - and conductors can make mistakes too. However, you paid a BP to get coupons you wanted. (or at the very least - stamps).

I wish there was different rating options - cause Neutral can seem so "negative".

Maybe, I'm the odd one out - but I hold conductors to a higher standard than riders <-- make sense?

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    In this situation - I would ask the CONDUCTOR to send you replacements right away. It IS their job to ensure you will receive the right coupons home.

I understand that the rider(s) made mistakes - probably honest ones - and conductors can make mistakes too. However, you paid a BP to get coupons you wanted. (or at the very least - stamps).

I wish there was different rating options - cause Neutral can seem so "negative".

Maybe, I'm the odd one out - but I hold conductors to a higher standard than riders <-- make sense?
    I absolutely agree that the conductor should be held to a higher standard. Just didn't want to seem like a total b****. lol.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

oh i thought it was a train u had conducted... sorry, i read it wrong... in this case, i agree with pumpkin... the conductor is responsible for checking the coupons sent against the riders WL.

I don't think u would seem like a b by letting the conductor know about the incorrect coupons u recv'd and it will ensure that they pay more attention to the next train they host/conduct.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

That is the issue, there needs to be follow through on conductors and riders - as I said before, the people posting in here are the good riders/conductors who check and double check etc

You can see how the complaints about BPs are coming up when the conductor is not doing the same work as you guys?

I have asked Boo if there is a way to add different ratings but there is not, the system isn't updated anymore. We could move to a new system that rates out of 5/10 but the old ratings wouldn't move with it
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Sooo, I don't ride VWTs but I'm sitting here reading the posts and I can't help but think either you're all a VERY tolerant bunch or I'm just an intolerant b*tch, I'm betting on the latter

The very first skill in couponing is READING Name:  facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views: 91
Size:  2.0 KB, you know expiry dates, exclusions, UPCS, and if that fails there's always pms to confirm whether or not what you're planning on sending the rider is correct. I just don't see how excuses for mistakes are ok and I totally agree with a previous poster who suggested riders who make mistakes should have the equivalent deducted from their envies.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I don't have time to read everything so I'll just add my two cents and go to bed...

as as far as hosting I only host traditional, VWT are just too much hassle and I'm a busy mom. I really dislike the idea of a transparent traditional train and will stop riding/hosting if that becomes a rule. I live traditionals because I love the surprise of it. I would never EXPECT to find the most desirable coupons. I foresee fights for "first seat" if this happens. Truthfully I do traditional trains to see what goodies come in the mail, not to stock up on call ins...

as forBP on traditional I'd say 1stamp or WLcoupons.

VWT bp is tricky! If you have 4 riders that can be 12 stamps!!! So I don't have an answer....

Can an I say the "most generous to conductor" bugs me, especially alongside huge BP! I did this my last train and I feel like a jerk and will not do it again. I've always preferred "most generous to riders" and usually did that.

as for the ridiculous WL biggest pet peeve! I have a lot of UPC specific but always right the UPC doesn't mstter, I just use it fur date reference to delete the expired. I also add multiple generic "tide, have soap,pizza" so that's an option? Vs saying you must list 10 "easy to find" maybe stick to 5 generic brands (tide/Pantene) and 5 generic types (juice/vitamins) just an idea.

As as for trade ratings. Since a lot if conductors forbid a negative it's tough. I've made mistakes minor and unintentional! I'm a sleep deprived mama mays look like march lol. But I like the idea of removing the coupons u give via mistakes.

I did have an idea for VWT BP instead of sending stamos... You could request a self addressed envie/stamped in the riders envie? Might work. Saves conductor time too
    ok I'm rambling àbd exhausted
    and my phone is being nuts^^^

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Ugh I must be tired that makes no sense^^^ sorry for my nonsense rambling blah!

Ive be also had the issues of receiving A LOT of wrong coupons on VWT hence why i stopped riding and the conductors did nothing. So I get that frustration

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Oh and as my own rule, when getting coupons together if someone has an outrageous wish list with minimum amount allowed and a $1 Heinz as 1pt they get bare minimum. Those that have "easy" generic lists I'll send lots of extra I let them know in the trade rating as well that I gave extra from having such a reasonable WL

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

And on the note of "crappy" traditional train coupons. I'm sorry but you need to READ the outline before boarding. I only and most only do tear pad/product box coupons now. And crisp like hair and pet stuff is eliminated from the get go.

If u don't want insert coupons don't join an insert included train? If a train comes to u with inserts and shouldn't TELL THE FLIPPING CONDUCTOR! It's simple. Communication and reading go a long way.

Obviously spme people will still abuse the system but that will never stop regardless of any rule put in place.
    If your riding to find unilever call ins you need to reevaluate if trains are for u. Maybe I just haven't been tainted I can always find at least $5 in coupons I can use it might be yogurt but I'll use it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information