User Tag List

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree3706Likes

Thread: May It Be Frugal frugal chatter thread 2014

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

J&C I can't rep you, but thank you especially for your wonderful comments to me yesterday!

To everyone else, too, thanks for your comments and good wishes for me and my husband.

Name:  cat_flowers.gif
Views: 183
Size:  40.7 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow Mom of 5 boys it is amazing what you do on a small budget-that is great!

Angela is it possible your LO has an ear infection or some other pain as you were saying he has been crying a lot? I agree with the other mother's here-follow your instincts and try the toilet training when your son shows signs and you feel he is ready.

With regard to throwing clothes in the wash I noticed both times we have hosted foreign students( Spain and Korea), they both had been taught to wear an item 2-3 times before throwing it in the wash unless it was obviously soiled. Too bad I didn't teach my own daughter this-she can fill up a basket of semi dirty clothes in no time!! I suspect that in many countries, especailly without modern washer/dryers, clothes are worn much longer between washings.

As for you J and C-I only know what we are having for dinner in a couple of hours-no idea for the next 3 weeks. You are making us all look bad, but good on you!!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Thu, May 1st, 2014 at 04:25 PM.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    I will think of some goals for this month and post later on.

I am curious to know, based on yesterday's question of the day, do you or your kids wear the same shirt or pants several days before washing?

Dh thinks it's gross I will wear a t-shirt a couple times and jeans up to 4 times before washing them. Where he comes home from work, changes into jeans and a t-shirt at 6 pm and in pjs by 9 pm and that outfit is "dirty" and goes in the laundry. Drives me so nuts, I often pick them up and fold them nicely and put them back in his drawer on the bottom and he has no idea...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I find it depends on the day. If I go away for a couple hours I`ll change out of those clothes when I get home and will wear them again. In the summer of course when you`re hot and sweaty they get washed after every wear.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hubby saw his Dr. this morning. Got taken off one pill that was screwing up his electrolytes and got an extra fluid pill to take on the days he needs it. Two years ago he had congestive heart failure and I don`t like how things seemed to be headed in that direction again. I hope these changes will do the trick.

Finances are in good shape this month but the next couple will be really tight. Our snow blowing bill is usually $200 but I`m expecting it to be double that this year. Next month we`ll be getting the final bill for heating oil. Wouldn`t be surprised if that`s at least $400. They didn`t raise our monthly payment last fall. They should have because last June we ended up having to pay extra also.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Hello everyone. My name is MaddensMomma and I have a thrift shopping addiction.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Honestly, I would find another dentist after all this nonsense! Did you have to pay for this visit?
    $48, I'll get 85% back from our dental coverage.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Maddensmomma.. what did you do.. what did you buy??? LOL
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Does anyone calculate their grocery cost per day? I just looked at our April spending and we spent just under $20 per day to feed the 4 of us which I am okay with. I realize that different parts of the country have higher or lower prices than me but it would be an interesting comparison if anyone would like to share. I am sure some of you are way more furgal than me! We don't grow a huge garden but we do quite a bit of baking and I do look for bargains at the grocery store. We are not vegetarian so I am sure that ups our total over some families. And I am sure anyone with teen boys might spend more than us!! With regard to the earlier post by Mom of 5 Boys we try to keep our total spending at below $50,000 per year and save any extra funds for a rainy day. Like Mom of 5 Boys, we are lucky to no longer have a mortgage-mostly cause we are getting old-lol.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I have boys too and the truth is every child regardless of gender is unique for every milestone & trying to compare our kids will make us crazy. My oldest announced one day “no more diapers”, I put him in his bob the builder underwear and we never looked back. My youngest was a tough nut to crack. It did not help that his daycare provider would put him in a diaper as it was easier for her. Needless to say she was fired after a few days of that. Then I switched him to a preschool and he arrived in underwear and came home dry in underwear, he was 3.5. The best part about the toilet training is the money you save.
    Yes, parents should just do what they feel is the best for their child. Comparing other kids to your own is not beneficial. My son did not talk until he was 3. Other people told me their kid was fluent in 3 languages at 9 months. Okay I lie but you know what I mean I could have panicked but didn't. He did speech therapy for a few years and now at 12 talks all the time!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Posting my May goals for some public accountability.
    Save another 500.00 for the down payment on my new vehicle. Delivery has been delayed so I have some extra time. Even though its zero percent interest I can’t be the person with an $800 a month car payment. I have almost 10000. saved

This will be achieved by:

• Eating from the freezer/pantry.
    • Meal planning ( I suck at this)
    • Use points and GC to minimize groceries, both DH & I just cashed out 25.00 on CO 51 & PC Plus was good to me last month so I have 120.00 in points. I am saving that a good meat sale so I can restock the freezer after this month.
    • Packing lunches for myself. I try to go for a walk at lunch time and always end up at Subway.
    • Aim for 10 no spend days. I usually have zero so this one will be tough. It is now dollar drink days at McD’s and that ginormous diet coke sings my name as I walk through Union Station. So having more no spend days will minimize my temptation, or my “it’s just a dollar” mentality.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just crawled in bed to read. Had a few sales today. . Crap jar is growing. Will post like a mad women this weekend to get stuff out the door. And bought a like new 4 in 1 crib to floor mobile for my new niece or nephew due mid June. Yikes! That is not far away now!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Don't need much for groceries really. Still have the veggies I bought to use up this weekend. Ceaser salad and potatoes are cheap at valu mart so will be making lots of sides with that.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My head was hurting pretty badly by supper time today, so I took one T3 with my meal. Funny thing is...I haven't taken a T3 in 3yrs. I stopped taking them months before we started trying for our LO. Now that he is weaned and we aren't trying yet, I finally get some good pain relief. Please don't get me wrong. I am unable to use a lot of different alternatives because of their blood-thinning side-effects. I can really feel the effect of this T3, in a good way, I was always a light weight...but it is nice to experience the pain relief.

Anyway, my final grade for my university course was posted yesterday. I reverse calculated what I had gotten on the final exam, but was pretty sure that I had gotten a higher grade. I e-mailed the prof and he told me my final exam mark...7% higher than my initial calculation. I nicely e-mailed him back and let him know that according to my calculations, they had not included my 3% bonus marks that I had earned. Sure enough, he replied this morning and told me that I was correct. My name had not been included on the bonus marks page he was given for the course. He said that my mark will be revised. So long story short...my final grade was 89% in my PSYC 102 course.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, May 1st, 2014 at 11:02 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My head was hurting pretty badly by supper time today, so I took one T3 with my meal. Funny thing is...I haven't taken a T3 in 3yrs. I stopped taking them months before we started trying for our LO. Now that he is weaned and we aren't trying yet, I finally get some good pain relief. Please don't get me wrong. I am unable to use a lot of different alternatives because of their blood-thinning side-effects. I can really feel the effect of this T3, in a good way, I was always a light weight...but it is nice to experience the pain relief.

Anyway, my final grade for my university course was posted yesterday. I reverse calculated what I had gotten on the final exam, but was pretty sure that I had gotten a higher grade. I e-mailed the prof and he told me my final exam mark...7% higher than my initial calculation. I nicely e-mailed him back and let him know that according to my calculations, they had not included my 3% bonus marks that I had earned. Sure enough, he replied this morning and told me that I was correct. My name had not been included on the bonus marks page he was given for the course. He said that my mark will be revised. So long story short...my final grade was 89% in my PSYC 102 course.
    Congratulations on getting such a great grade in the course

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Hello everyone. My name is MaddensMomma and I have a thrift shopping addiction.

Just more crap that is not needed! Lol shorts for ds, shorts and a bunch of summer tank tops for myself, another board game, cardigan for DD (needed), and a cute headband for her as well.

Gosh I need to get back to work or get motivated in my hobbies to stop my boredom shopping trips.

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information