User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: For Once I was left speechless

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Today is garbage day in my neighbourhood.Upon hearing the sound from the garbage truck this morning, I peeped through one of the bay windows in DS's room(while talking to mom on phone) & noticed that DH hadn't brought out the yard waste bags( I thought it was because it rained heavily last night & he didn't want them to get soaked; truth is he thought it was pickup every two weeks). I noticed that the truck had stopped opposite my driveway and they were handling a couch that was at curb side.
    I got off the phone, changed my clothing and headed downstairs to open the garage door, which i did. I then headed out the main door and noticed a garbage man in a "one knee up one knee down "kneeling position. I could see he had a gash across his leg that he was cleaning. He had a bottle ( possibly antiseptic) in one hand.I saw one of my neighbours talking to him so I went over to him as my neighbour left the scene to head to work. I told him good morning & then he ( garbage man)said,"u better not ask me how i am because its a bad day". He was chipper though from the tone of his voice. I asked him if he needed any gauze or anything and at the same time his colleague came from the other side & said its ok , that he has some; he was carrying a container with gauze in it.i said ok hope he heals ok. I proceeded to take out the yard waste bags & odd stuff.
    While I was on the sidewalk after the injured worker had been looked after & went off, the colleague who had the gauze approached me, he thanked me for my concern & offer to assist. He then said I will have unlimited garbage pickup as long as I'm at this address. Not to worry about the amount of bags that I put out & what I put out. That I'll be taken care of( he did the same for my other neighbour who was talking to the injured worker originally but had left for work)...I was sooooo surprised to hear this I wanted to scream but had no words. I then said thanks.. I came back in soo excited but DH was still asleep so I shared the story with DS ( who @ 17 months he is totally clueless.. Lol) .. I had told one of my immediate neighbour( with whom we're pretty close) what happened & to let me know if they ever have extra stuff to put out, prior to going inside. Eventually DS woke up DH and I shared the great news with him...
    It's sooo weird when I watch TV and see how some ppl do good deeds for others, it sometimes tears me up because not everyone has a caring heart and or we're so caught up in so many things, we forget about what is important. I am a firm believer in karma so I try to do good at all times... Anyway, I'll sign off but to say the least, this employee/ person really made my day.
    This thread is currently associated with: Garage, Microsoft, The Bay

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Hopefully he's up to date with his Tetanus shots just in case. poor guy. we always wrap our broken items in boxes then tape it with "BROKEN__" on it. would hate to know someone was injured because i didnt' take the time to do that properly.
    sadly not everyone cares enough to stop for a few minutes to make sure they are ok. you were generously rewarded 'garbage' style for it.
    good for you for caring.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

Wow, what a nice thing you did, and the free garbage pick up is a nice bonus
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, ticul and 4 others like this.
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Awwwwwww. Shirnette that is such a nice story and thank you for sharing. Yes, I too believe in Karma. Good things will happen to you now................................
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, momi and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I also hope the worker is ok...you never know what's in the garbage. Hopefully no infections or anything from the cut he sustained. You could've just as easily watched from the window, but instead you jumped right in and offered some help...I would have been thankful for the assistance of kind neighbors, so I a sure they felt the same
    Thanks for sharing your feel good brag OP
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, ticul and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It was so good of you to help, and nice that he responded in kind.

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

That's sweet very nice brag!!

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Very wonderful indeed. Love to hear about what goes around comes around stories.
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, ticul and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    I also hope the worker is ok...you never know what's in the garbage. Hopefully no infections or anything from the cut he sustained. You could've just as easily watched from the window, but instead you jumped right in and offered some help...I would have been thankful for the assistance of kind neighbors, so I a sure they felt the same
    Thanks for sharing your feel good brag OP
    I hope so too for the worker. It was odd seeing other neighbours taking out garbage etc & was looking on but never took the initiative to offer help/inquire.
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you Shrinette for sharing this story,I also firmly believe in karma.
    sooner or later you get rewarded for your deeds.When I do good I feel good from inside(heart).but when I do any thing wrong unconsciously I pray that God instead of punishing me please forgive me as this was not intentionally.
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, ticul and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good to read this!!
    Earn FREE PRIZES, Paypal$, Gift Cards with SWAGBUCKS by searching! Please use my referral, and earn with me. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/KathyN
    Beyond the rack save up to 90% off clothes and more! http://vnlink.co/Sb7eFax

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Awesome brag! I love hearing stories like this!

It's sad when people are shocked when others care and show kindness. Good for you and good for him also! Hope he feels better and his day turned around.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

very nice! well done

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh shirnette so kind and karma came back to you for your kind deed-yep I just put out my garbage and it was stuffed to the brim-nice deed indeed

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What a nice story- thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information