User Tag List

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree3253Likes

Thread: Jumping July Savings (frugal chatter thread) 2014

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Got a call from the water intake study this afternoon. I have to more than double my water intake. That`s going to take some time...thank goodness they don`t expect me to do it all at once and I`m allowed to use Crystal Light.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm so discouraged/disgusted, mil called this am at 10am the guys were stranded up near the cottage the truck broke again problems with the transmission, dh told me to bring 4l of transmission oil, 3 hours later we arrived, dh poured 1L in and it's started pissing out in 2 areas....sigh....left the truck behind in someone's laneway with permission and drove 2 hours home. DH & FIL will be heading back up tonight to tow it home on my father's towing dolley, we have used up all of our CAA tow's this year (we only used 1) so not sure what the heck is going on but will see if there is another option to choose for membership. Anyways dh is thinking that we may need to buy a newer truck and sell his (so sick to my stomach) time will tell.
    avoncallingu and Angela273 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Aw Nancy, sometimes it just doesn`t quit.

We got our final heating oil bill yesterday. Over $700 in addition to the 10 payments we already made. Of course they want it NOW.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yeah, you would be lonely Nancy lol. I like the quiet too sometimes but then miss the noise. It will be noisy tonight I'm sure at my place. Heading out to get some groceries (have a $10 promo card for SDM that I got for shopping for work ) so will see what free stuff I will get. Milk and eggs for sure!
    That is pretty sweet, shop for work and get the $10 promo. Lucky you

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I'm so discouraged/disgusted, mil called this am at 10am the guys were stranded up near the cottage the truck broke again problems with the transmission, dh told me to bring 4l of transmission oil, 3 hours later we arrived, dh poured 1L in and it's started pissing out in 2 areas....sigh....left the truck behind in someone's laneway with permission and drove 2 hours home. DH & FIL will be heading back up tonight to tow it home on my father's towing dolley, we have used up all of our CAA tow's this year (we only used 1) so not sure what the heck is going on but will see if there is another option to choose for membership. Anyways dh is thinking that we may need to buy a newer truck and sell his (so sick to my stomach) time will tell.
    Sorry to hear of your transmission troubles. vehicles are so depressing at times.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Sorry to hear this - hope that this won't be costly for you!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Well, my son and I continue getting our workout....picked 71 pounds of blueberries in five hours. We started 7 am - so nice to be out before the heat and be able to quit earlier. I'm having trouble with pain in my middle right side of my back - muscle pain for sure. Anyone here have ideas as to what I should look for in the pharmacy? I've tried advil with tylenol and it hardly touches the pain. I need something for sure - I love blueberry picking and don't want to quit because I'm also inspiration for my son lol....he is such a trooper - picks nearly as fast as me now
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Nancy. didn't you just have work done on the truck? was it done by a garage that you can take it back. hopefully its not a costly fix.

momof5 is it possible its a kidney/bladder(urinary tract) infection as nothing else is touching the pain. just thought to look into jic.

finally done 2/3 canvases. one more tape off and paint. its tedious but looks awesome when done.
    worked on another wreath. took an orange pool noodle and taped it into a circle and covered it in a mossy/greenish grey tulle looks so cool.
    i'll post pics of both when done.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner done and tons of burgers for the teenagers tomorrow! Kitchen clean and dishwasher ready to run At 7. Ds has 2 friends over so they are outside playing basketball and eating ice cream cones I made them.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Nancy sorry to hear about the truck, huge downside to older vehicles is the cost of repairs go up, hopefully it will be something simple and cheap.

I went to do our grocery shopping after work tonight, luckily it was a light shopping week. I just wanted to shop locally and would be shopping a long and although our No Frills Price Matches and is quite easy to Price Match they are notoriously understaffed usually only 2 cashes open and the lines are usually super long after work. Luckily it was not too busy tonight and in the end I only had to do a few price matches as most items were already marked down to match other local stores. In total our grocery shopping this week cost me under $20 and all I mostly purchased was produce. I have noticed lately we are eating more and more from our stockpile and only buying produce and perishable goods. We well we seem to be buying most of our meat at Costco, based on the prices I have seen unless an amazing sale comes up it works in our favour to purchase at Costco. I was thinking now that I am using apps like CO51, SnapSave, Zweed more I think when I cash out I am going to take that money to purchase meat at Costco. Since I have already spent the money and removed it from my grocery budget in a way it is kind of like free money so I think this is the best way to spend it, get things that at Costco that never or rarely go on sale.

I have looked at the sneak peak flyers and saw a few things I want to grab but think next week will another light week which makes me happy because I was close to $100 to $150 a few weeks ago as we picked up steaks and few other things.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

A good & funny video about avoiding impulse buys
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Yes the truck was repaired at a garage and it is on it's way their via tow truck, called CAA and they said we were still allowed a few more service calls, so off it's gone to our mechanic. DH will call the owner and speak with him and wait for news. The truck is a 2005 and well we'll see what's what, etc....fingers crossed it's something the garage is responsible for
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Damn vehicles!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

my fingers are crossed for ya Nancy.
    well my car is gone ahead. with only a week left to resticker our cars i wish dh would get rid of the junker. i dont' mind walking. everything is in walking/bus range. i can always cab it home if necessary with groceries or wait til dh is home to use the car or on weekends.
    or just do it in spurts with my shopping cart. anyway ramble done.
    just finished one major project. figured i'd wait til i was completely done my sons room to post pics otherwise its one here, one there.
    so happy with results so far.
    i have a little errand to SDM to run in the morning and copy and b/w my parents wedding day pic to finish off that project. will be SO happy when its done. again happy so far.
    i've decided to put off working on my fall project for a bit until my sons' rooms are done. its too hard to do everything and stay focused.

im conquering laundry as i chat as they was gone to far with painting etc.
    i just realized it's 10pm and i haven't had dinner. no wander my head is swimming. LOL
    anyway thats it for now.
    um. did i tell you all i made my own creamer. or did i mention that somewhere else.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

J&C - oh, I feel you about the vehicle; our van is currently acting up with possible transmission problems - right now our son doesn't think it's the transmission itself (we couldn't afford even a rebuilt one, we just paid the van off!), but he has to do more investigating to find out what it is. At least it hasn't stopped running yet. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Well, my son and I continue getting our workout....picked 71 pounds of blueberries in five hours. We started 7 am - so nice to be out before the heat and be able to quit earlier. I'm having trouble with pain in my middle right side of my back - muscle pain for sure. Anyone here have ideas as to what I should look for in the pharmacy? I've tried advil with tylenol and it hardly touches the pain. I need something for sure - I love blueberry picking and don't want to quit because I'm also inspiration for my son lol....he is such a trooper - picks nearly as fast as me now
    When I have muscle pain, best for me is Robax Platinum. There are coupons on their site.

http://www.backrelief.ca/offers/coupons#.U74CMVPPybE

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information