User Tag List

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree3253Likes

Thread: Jumping July Savings (frugal chatter thread) 2014

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. what a great way for both your boys to start their new full & part-time jobs with big boy rooms (lol), I'm sure both rooms look amazing, let the harping begin to keep their rooms clean (shrug) haha
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ crochet lady hope the problem mysteriously disappears fingers crossed it was just gremlins at work and you won't need to bring it in next week.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well I gave my Mum a shampoo and camp shower out on the warm back deck yesterday afternoon, sitting in a lawn chair( shower is up a huge stairway and she is not up to it)screened her for privacy from the nieghbours-lord knows what they thought. We currently have five vehicles here and nobody is going anywhere. Maybe they think we are having a very quiet religious retreat here and that I was baptizing her on the back deck!! One has to keep a sense of humour when helping somebody recover. My DH and DD have arrived safely at my side of the family reunion so I am thankful for that! I am also sickened and shocked about the second Malaysian airliner down!!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Jul 18th, 2014 at 07:31 PM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

DH and I Took my mom, dad and their granddaughters (our kids) to Safari Niagara (zoo) as their Mother's Day and Father's Day gift. We bought the tix half price on wag jag. Great day.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @ crochet lady hope the problem mysteriously disappears fingers crossed it was just gremlins at work and you won't need to bring it in next week.
    Still have to take it in. The airbag light has been on for a while...I didn`t realize what it was.

Oh Lizzie, I love your sense of humour! Things don`t seem quite as bad if we can laugh.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Fri, Jul 18th, 2014 at 08:33 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The two girls that I am tutoring are going on holidays for 2wks each. I just added another little girl for tutoring 2hrs a week. I now need to get ready for her because she is at a higher level than the other two.

I had a mom of 4 and 8yr old boys ask if I would babysit her children, but she wants them to be here at 6:45am. I'm not sure that I am willing to do that. I am "open" 7:30-5:30pm. If I say yes to her, I plan on adding an additional fee for them because of this extra time that I would then be open. As dh says, the daycare thing is only intended to cover bills for the summer, not become my new line of employment. So it's not that I couldn't put the money to use, but I still need sleep. Our son often goes to bed for the night at 9:30pm, and he still starts his day at 7:00am. Part of the reason that LO is home and not attending his own daycare is so that he spends more time with us. If I have too many children, our own son is losing out.

edit: I was just discussing this with dh again, since I had messaged the mothers. As dh pointed out, he left the oil rigs so that we could have more family time together. Me taking on too many children would counteract that. Summer is short enough as it is, so might as well enjoy it. dh and I agree.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jul 19th, 2014 at 01:09 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sorry about the car issues people are having! Everyone is working very hard. I have been finishing up our income tax. Almost done but I went to get my hair cut and "coloured" today at the hair dressing school. The young woman that I got assigned to me had never cut hair before. I was a LITTLE nervous but she did a great job with the help of her instructor. Now it's out of my neck!!! Thank goodness! I have to meet in the morning with a couple I will marry in August. My new printer is causing me MUCH pain! But I did persuade it to print MOST of the ceremony that we'll discuss.
    Mrs. S You are just doing a great job with your crafts!
    Angela, you have definitely created a very good " network" of people who need your services.
    Ashley, whatever you do, don't try to carry things that you shouldn't. (This is from a woman who has suffered since my twenties with a bad back - that's 40 years of suffering on and off - don't let someone's need for a carry-out ruin your health!)
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ avon a nice haircut is a great treat and frugal since you went to a school vs. a salon, I used to do that when I worked in the city to get my highlights done and I save $60.00 each time

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Granger sounds like you all had a wonderful & frugal day with your parents celebrating mother's day & father's day, glad you were able to take the time vs. renos/packing

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Lizzie you're so funny, I can just see your mom outside in a lawn chair getting her shower/bath and giggles from you both

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Nothing much planned other than getting a drive into the garage to borrow a loaner until the truck is ready. Then going to head to FreshCo. for 2 bags of flour that are on sale and a few other staples. Our sheets are washed & hanging out to dry, off to hang the towels and strip Jaden's linen's for the wash. Have a wonderful day everyone.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

what a night.. up til midnight. grabbed some Advil and shower.. i don't think my head was on the pillow yet and zz awesome sleep.
    a little stiff today. weather is glooomy too doesnt' help.
    relieved much of the work is done. now ds has to organize itall. funny he said after a week of having nothing in his room but his dresser and bed.. he was like... hmm. do i want it all back in here ? LOL
    going to attempt to make some piped icing hearts/butterflies today for cupcakes for next weekend. thankfully they can be frozen. just need dh to dig out the box of tips he says is in the cupboard.
    laundry is on the go as well. once everyone is up and moving i need to find a picture i have as well. that will save me a trip to get one at a siblings. across town. don't have time for that.

i wish i could get over this 'need' to craft. i get a break and this 'urge' hits. its like i have to make something, or youtube something..
    i've already assembled items to make handcrafted ornaments for 'our' girls across the way for xmas. i know its only July..
    i need a job. LOL oh have to do that next week to. as reno's are almost done..
    my son's job is going well. he's starting as a dishwasher, however we've suggested he get his Smartserve to offer him the ability to work out front and maybe make some extra $ this summer/fall when students come back. couldn't hurt. shows initiative anyway.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My stupidity knows no bounds. Started a ruffled afghan on Thurs afternoon. Now I know those take more than 2 days to do but I kept working on it and finished last night around 12:30. My wrist was really sore but I thought after a good night`s sleep the pain would go away. Didn`t get much sleep and this morning I can`t` move the hand at all. Only good thing is it`s my left hand.
    We`re supposed to go to our nephew`s 15th anniversary party this afternoon but guess who`s not going. I can`t even take a shower let alone get dressed.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Sat, Jul 19th, 2014 at 10:32 AM.
    avoncallingu and Angela273 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Crochetlady hope your hand feels better.

Went and did out grocery shopping today, still have to end up how much it cost. I know it was pretty high since I stocked up on a few items. I got 2 x 10 kg bags of All Purpose Flour, 3 x Charmin that alone was about $40, but it was needed. Since we are cutting out so many packaged foods we are going through certain supplies at a rapid rate (flour, honey, eggs) but I am not going to complain as it is so much better for us and in the long run our budget.

I am also in the middle of sorting out my coupons, to be honest we use less and less but I do still have a pile of them to sort through and see what we will use and won't, it is mostly insert coupons.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ crochetlady sorry to hear about your poor wrist, hope all in all you had a good day

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information