User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Christmas Baby

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Are you or do you have a Christmas Baby?
    I am due Christmas Day...and not too sure how I feel about it, lol. It's definitely not the best time to be due.
    I guess I am just a little nervous about how it will effect my Son (he's 2) in future years when we have to celebrate a birthday for his sibling at the same time as Christmas. Also, keeping the new little ones birthday separate from Christmas...when to have a party...ey ya yi. Depending on when they arrive it might not be such an issue but I like to be prepared and know as much as I can beforehand, lol..much less anxiety that way.

So I guess I'm looking for opinions on how you felt as a sibling with a family member having a Christmas birthday, how it was for you if you were born right around Christmas or how you, as a parent, did the whole Christmas/Birthday thing and any other obstacles you have run into.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

DD was born Dec 11. For her we always keep her birthday separate. We celebrate her birthday then the weekend after decorate for Christmas.

Hopefully your little one arrives a little late (I know you won't want to be pregnant any longer than you have to) but then Christmas will be over and your little one can have all the attention to their self.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    ninna and Venuila like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have a cousin who's Birthday is Dec 15, they have always done her Birthday before Christmas and kept it ad two separate events. The one big issue they have run into over the years is her friends not being able to attend as it is prime Christmas party season and parents were not available for pick up or drop off or parents not liking their children being away when they are not home and than as she got older her friends going to Christmas parties. This has been the only issue.

As well their house was always decorated for Christmas during her party, my aunt has always been one to decorate early.
    walkonby and Venuila like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    DD was born Dec 11. For her we always keep her birthday separate. We celebrate her birthday then the weekend after decorate for Christmas.

Hopefully your little one arrives a little late (I know you won't want to be pregnant any longer than you have to) but then Christmas will be over and your little one can have all the attention to their self.

Congrats on your pregnancy!
    Yeah, I am hoping I will be early enough to decorate for Christmas after their birthday. I have a feeling it's going to be the 19th or the 24th though, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have a cousin who's Birthday is Dec 15, they have always done her Birthday before Christmas and kept it ad two separate events. The one big issue they have run into over the years is her friends not being able to attend as it is prime Christmas party season and parents were not available for pick up or drop off or parents not liking their children being away when they are not home and than as she got older her friends going to Christmas parties. This has been the only issue.

As well their house was always decorated for Christmas during her party, my aunt has always been one to decorate early.
    Good point, I never thought of that! We are always super busy during Christmas too. I think family would automatically tie in their birthday with Christmas too which would kinda be a bummer. DH's birthday is the day after DS's and they always get tied together, whether DH likes it or not.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Venuila View Post
    Yeah, I am hoping I will be early enough to decorate for Christmas after their birthday. I have a feeling it's going to be the 19th or the 24th though, LOL!

Most babies never arrive right on the due date so if you're due right on Dec 25th, maybe you'll be a day or two late. If your little one comes on the 27th or 28th then you'll be able to hit Boxing Day sales! Plus by then most Christmas celebrations are over so you won't need to compete to get people to attend a party.

DD was due Dec 4th and I kept hoping she'd be early (I used to decorate for Christmas Dec 1st) but nope, she was a week late. lol. They come when they are ready.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    walkonby and Venuila like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Congratulations!! A new baby is so very exciting! I hope this pregnancy is treating you well!

My youngest was born Dec 8th. It's kind of a pain because even with a birthday three weeks before Christmas I feel like she still gets the shaft to a certain degree--unlike my oldest whose birthday comes mid way through the year in June. The problem with a December birthday is all that celebrating at once-- birthday followed by Christmas then NOTHING for the rest of the year. It makes it hard too because she generally gets "winter" things for birthday too like sleds, or skates etc but never a new bike...which, I think I am going to remedy this year because she complained the other day about how she only ever gets the hand me down bikes from her sister and she's never ever gotten a brand new one....which, I realized was true. And because her sister has a June birthday, guess what she gets lots of??

We will not set up ANY Christmas stuff until after we've celebrated her birthday because it's important to me that she feels like the celebration was about her and not overshadowed by Christmas. You wouldn't believe how much flack we get from other family members about this policy. Strange, but true. Apparently we are bad parents because we don't decorate in November. lol. Whatever.

My MIL also does "half birthdays" (as only dear Grandmas can do) and that means they get a little celebration 6 months after the main birthday and a little cake too so it breaks up the monotony for the youngest. Conveniently, my kids are 3 and one half year apart exactly, so it works out that when one is celebrating the main birthday, the other is celebrating a half birthday so there's no squabbling or noses bent out of joint because one is getting all the attention. It's kinda nice!!
    Natalka, walkonby and Venuila like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

My daughter was born on Dec 25. We celebrate on her birthday, Dec 25. The first words out of our mouths are Happy Birthday. Then Merry Christmas. She gets a lot of attention on her actual birthday. However since she was born (she's older now) we have always had a birthday celebration for her in June..the weekend closest to the 25th where she got to have an outdoor birthday pool party. She loved it because she felt like she had her own special day even though it wasn't her actual birthday. Now that she's older she just celebrates on Christmas Day and she gets twice the gifts
    Natalka, JadeAngel, ninna and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

first of all CONGRATS!!! A new baby coming is wonderful for you. Back in the 50's-60's my older sis usually got one present from various relatives handed to her with the words Happy birthday/Merry Xmas, a " combo " gift if you will. She also never got a party ( born Dec 27th ) so when my first born arrived on Dec 19th I thought about the impact his date would have.

We gave him a b'day party every year the week before Xmas, and yes classmates RSVP's were tricky because most families are " all tied up " weeks leading up to Xmas, but he seemed to always have enough friends attend. I do like the idea of a summer b'day party IF the child is o.k. with celebrating 6 months early??
    More than likely you will find the perfect way to incorporate his special day, these things do work themselves out somehow, no matter if he comes right on the 25th or another date.
    Again, congrats!!
    Natalka, ninna and Venuila like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Thanks ladies

I guess that is what I am most nervous about, is his/her bday being overshadowed by Christmas. I've never heard of the "half birthdays". I can see the benefits of doing that since it would be in the Summer and easier to get a hold of friends in a few years, etc. I am sure it will be easier when they are older as well, since they can decide when they want to celebrate and what not, whether it's a week before/after, day of or months before.
    Last edited by Venuila; Wed, Aug 13th, 2014 at 09:21 PM.
    Natalka and ninna like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hope you are feeling well!

My son had friends with mid-to-late December birthdays and both of them celebrated sometime mid-January, just to get past the holidays.

But you know, whatever date your baby is born, you will be making birthdays special!

Makes me think of my mom - when she was pregnant with me, she was due at Christmas, but I was born January 27!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have 2 friends whose birthdays are on Christmas Eve and my friend's little boy was also born on Christmas Eve. We don't really do much to celebrate for the adults, except to call or text and wish happy birthday, and for the little boy, his birthday party is usually held before school lets out for the break, so that most of his friends can make it.

I am due (with my first) January 9th so who knows? I could deliver on Christmas day or I could deliver closer to the end of January. I have yet to meet anyone who has delivered on their due date.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Congrats I'm due on December 20 with our first, however December 20 is also my step-daughters birthday! Ekk. So I'm anxious about a Christmas baby and siblings having to share a birthday...
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Congrats to you as well! We have Grandpa's birthday in mid December, but I don't think he would mind if they shared a birthday. A sibling could be different, neither of us will probably go in on our due date though so that's a little reassuring....right..?

I think this year will be the most stressful one since we don't know when they will make their debut, hehe.
    ninna likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

DD is excited for the new baby, but does not want to share her birthday! lol
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

I wouldn't want to either, rofl. With my first I was due the day after mine, but he came the day before daddy's birthday lol.
    ninna likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information