User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: To Post or Not to Post

CouponNewbie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

…..deleted post
    Last edited by ilovecoupons23; Tue, Sep 9th, 2014 at 02:29 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I'm trying to use up my stash and not getting things just because it's free.
    It's a little bit liberating not running around getting the deals.
    Still loving seeing others get great deals though.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Thanks for posting OP. That was a great deal
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know it's a difficult situation, sometimes when I get a good deal I'm not sure if I should share it because of the people that clear the shelves, and I do agree with other people who mentioned that there should be a limit of 4 or 6 depending on their stock..but I share the deals because I'm glad people share their deals with me and I have gotten a lot of deals that I would never have gotten..I just think that if I helped a lot of people get a good deal I just have to be happy about that and not think about the shelf clearers!!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I often find great deals because someone was generous enough to share, last weekend I was able to get dog food for .24 each instead of 2.49 each due to someone nice enough to share. I don't worry about staff processing coupons, thats their job, if they run into rude customers, call the csm. I would share the deal... I'm assuming since you won't share the deal, you wouldn't use the free deals that others share..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    I often find great deals because someone was generous enough to share, last weekend I was able to get dog food for .24 each instead of 2.49 each due to someone nice enough to share. I don't worry about staff processing coupons, thats their job, if they run into rude customers, call the csm. I would share the deal... I'm assuming since you won't share the deal, you wouldn't use the free deals that others share..
    Normally, I'd have no issues sharing. But this specific store had stopped accepting ANY print coupons before because of people who went overboard. If it was a coupon insert or tearpad deal, I'd have no issues sharing. But print coupons are really accessible (even if you are limited to 2 prints per computer).
    MillieH likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I totally don't understand the mindset of store staff worrying about people going overboard. I understand if they don't have any limits and their regular customers aren't able to get products . Last weekend I went to Niagara Falls to get some dog food at Petsmart.. The staff at Petsmart were amazing.. I got some great deals and left happy. I had some of the vicks coupons so thought I'd nab some at the Walmart in the same plaza.. I did one transaction of 6, I assumed it was 6 because my store does 6. I only had the 6 vicks, lots on the shelf, the cashier has to call a csm.. who says you can only have 6.. I just had 6.. and then says they don't give overage, I'm perfectly ok with that, I'm loving the free vicks.. The girl rings me through. Then the csm says.. we need to put a stop to this, people are taking too much free stuff out of here.

They have limits, they had lots in stock.. yet they are bothered that people get items for free that the store gets double the money for.. I don't understand the thought process

Early on when I started couponing, GT staff told me I couldnt buy items that gave overage.. I spoke to a CSM who said their sales were awesome when they put on something there was coupons for.They love the increase in sales. She had a talk with the staff and now theres no problems..

I'm a little confused as to what your last post means.. they are clearing out stock to get rid of it.. they don't take printed but they took printed from you? I understand restricting coupons if it means alot of problems for the store in keeping stock for all customers.. one of the GT near me, sets limits but on the last day of a sale, its unlimited purchases.. It sounds like the staff doesnt want to be taking coupons even on items they want to get rid of.
    luckbealady, oscarandme and momi like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm a little confused as to what your last post means.. they are clearing out stock to get rid of it.. they don't take printed but they took printed from you? I understand restricting coupons if it means alot of problems for the store in keeping stock for all customers.. one of the GT near me, sets limits but on the last day of a sale, its unlimited purchases.. It sounds like the staff doesnt want to be taking coupons even on items they want to get rid of.
    No, last year they stopped taking printed coupons for a while. CSM specifically told me it was because people were coming in with 4+ of the same coupon (now what the actual issue with the coupons was, I don't know - she made it sound like it was just the sheer number of them). They started taking print at home coupons again later in the year. But even when I just used 2 coupons with my deal, the cashier had to call over a manager to okay it (and they made a comment about me getting the item for free - not rude, but not in a "Wow, great deal!" kind of way either).

When I tried to use printed coupons at GT last year or the year before in the same city they wouldn't accept them either. I was told they had an issue with fraud when it came to printed coupons. Whether or not they accept them now I don't know, since I don't shop there.

I realize it sounds very selfish to not tell, but I don't want the behaviour of others to ruin the use of coupons for me and everyone else.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I concur!

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    Agree, To add.... if we all start keeping all deals we find to our selves.... whats the point of this site honestly? Its only fair to help others, if you have found help from others postings.... they to didn't have too post their deal out of fears.....
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh so any things. When I first started I met a member and they told me they made copies of the coupon in the Walmart just before they went for the deal, I will never-ever devulge who that was and I thought, nope this is not for me, this friendship because that is not my way. Now when the whole photocopying thing came up -save.ca you can only print 2 as most but like Clorox site..you print to your hearts content and they would print at the same top left corner of the page so my cuts were at the same angle and so forth so they would accuse me of photocopying and I was not...we do not seem to be encountering that well myself right now but ..I did the other night -this bugger had me in tears. We were at WM the same one that is awesome at PM Canada wide and no limits but the odd time there is this one Big Galute that always questions our coupons. The other evening I have been trading and members for the Ceasar Softies coupons for our Sandy and our dog friendly neighbourhood, lots of cookies are expected..if you know what I mean, as the fur-babies parents chi-chat, those little sad eyes know that Sandys' parents always have cookies..so anyway we are at WM the cashier had no problem with waving the one per person/customer but I wanted this transaction to be done easily so to please stop processing at the end of Softies to total and either pay or not pay, because the way I read the coupon and even Petsmart does is that all taxes were included so do this transaction alone PM to 1.99, before the SDM sale that I knew nothing of and if they said no -well we will pay the tax...so the cashier was uncertain, the above her person was uncertain so she called the above guy (BIG GALUTE). He read that the coupon and says: :for redemption that we(DH and I ) had to mail in the coupon and then they will reimburse for the tax too. Uhg???what? okay where is the hidden camera? I politely said ugh...no (I am very expressive apparently in my facial expression my husband says) not to benefit -I might add. I said that is a coupon and the store needs to mail to that address to get refunded. He said no I am not taking these coupons..so we walked out and I spoke to a little lady behind us and she said she coupons and she read it and she said what we assumed (the tax and everything else) this Galute was saying was...so I went back to him after we paid for the rest of our order and I said that is not correct, he said you two are always problem customers and you hold up my lines, if you are shopping here you call before ahead of time so that I know you are coming...WTF..WTF...WTF...

I said it is pre-school starts and you have 4 cashes open, maybe more cashiers would have been scheduled, he shrugged-me off, I also told him that our money is just as good as the other clients and you are being reimbursed by our purchases and we advise everyone approaching, that we have coupons,so it will take a while....sorry, sorrry, sorry...and I always look at the person that does decide to wait to see if I can help with coupons and I always say before leaving, thank you for being so patient and to the cashier too. They always say it was a pleasure..they really do.

We are problem customers, every cashier tells us we are the most polite, the most organized and if everyone could do the same they would happy. So of course I have a lump in my throat and I cannot believe what just happened here, haven't gone back since and that was the only one in our end of town I could count on. The day CSM is awesome so I was so down because of this conversation and another mis-undrstanding with an SC member this week calling me a witch and the word that rhymes with witch, an trying to tarnish my name/reputation I thought that is it, I have enough boomerangs that come naturally in my life than to have a standing invitation to be a target with coupons on a weekly basis. It was nice while it lasted but the hell with them all. I am going to persevere and when I know I am right, I do not back down. And I won't. I am here to stay.

It seems like tides change and all of a sudden everyone is on the same page and then someone goes back to the beginning of the book and or pretend they know how to read.

Dear luckbealady,

it isnt selfish of you, you were just wondering and members are replying to what they think about it. I have to admit I was curious what you did get till you posted the update. You sound very sweet and this decision is not done with malice so whatever you decide is your decision. I just thought we were here to help one another and like some other members that hold back leads, by doing that you might be missing a great deal too and that would be ashame. I cannot even imagine how to count how much money I have saved from members sharing and for that forever grateful that is why I always write- thank you for sharing, I sincerely mean every time.

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    No, last year they stopped taking printed coupons for a while. CSM specifically told me it was because people were coming in with 4+ of the same coupon (now what the actual issue with the coupons was, I don't know - she made it sound like it was just the sheer number of them). They started taking print at home coupons again later in the year. But even when I just used 2 coupons with my deal, the cashier had to call over a manager to okay it (and they made a comment about me getting the item for free - not rude, but not in a "Wow, great deal!" kind of way either).

When I tried to use printed coupons at GT last year or the year before in the same city they wouldn't accept them either. I was told they had an issue with fraud when it came to printed coupons. Whether or not they accept them now I don't know, since I don't shop there.

I realize it sounds very selfish to not tell, but I don't want the behaviour of others to ruin the use of coupons for me and everyone else.
    Last edited by oscarandme; Mon, Sep 15th, 2014 at 12:51 AM.
    luckbealady likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

We all have a bit of us that is selfish.. its part of human nature.. Have you considered that by not sharing you ruined it for other couponers who may have benefited from that clearance in your store or other stores across the country .. if they managed to find it. It really sounds like the problem in your area is not the couponers but the staff. Someone needs to teach them that its earnings for their store, not a loss.

We can't control the actions of others, I'm fortunate that I live in an area with access to many opportunities, we don't get all the deals but we all get some nice ones. In the beginning I ran into the problems with we don't take printed coupons but printed off the stores' coupon policies and politely asked if they honored these.. Once that was established it got easier.. Our stores have limits, generally 6 so its easy to work with.. some have no limits.. which can be nice too.. personally I feel its up to each person to shop as their stores permit.. if I go and the shelf is cleared, I assume someone or a several got there first.. its how it goes.. if I want 6 items and theres only 6 on the shelf I buy them.. If you want to use coupons and not let anyone else know they could get it free with a coupon, that is entirely your right.. its up each of us if we share or not...I think though I wouldn't brag about it... My understanding of the brag thread was that it was to share the deals so others could go and replicate the deals if they wanted to.

Lots seem to fear that we will lose coupons because we all use them. I find that there are many more deals now than when I started. Stores change policiies but there is always a new coupon, a new deal and there seems to be enough for all of us. I hope people keep sharing the deals.. Koolaid's deal post was what got me started. I hope I've motivated others along the way.

The bottom line though is you have to coupon in the way that feels best for you..

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post

luckbealady likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I concur too, and thanks to your sharing and my beautiful other member that shared inserts I got 29 meals for Sandy for 24 cents each plus tax and got some softies there too, forget how many but if you did not take the time to share, I would have missed out on that awesome deal.

MillieH and luckbealady like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information