User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: To Post or Not to Post

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This is a rant/question.

There is currently a great deal at a store local to me that means a certain product for free with a printable coupon (I'm fairly sure this deal is only available at this store, not chain wide). While I'm normally all for posting where and how to get the deal - this time I'm not sure. Because the product will be free (well, you'll be responsible for taxes) with a coupon pretty much anyone can obtain, I have a fear that people will abuse the deal. This store in the past has stopped taking print at home coupons because people were coming in with 4+ of the same coupon (personally I used 3 coupons over a 2 day period) and giving the cashiers issues when they needed to question/check on the coupons. The cashiers here have been incredibly nice to me, and I'd hate to post this deal, and then have people be rude to them because they put limits on the number of products a person can buy (or something else).

Please know when I'm saying this, I'm not judging people who go out and buy 10, 20+ of a product with coupons. My problem is with people who feel that because they can get the item for free, they are willing to cause a fuss to get as many as they can. It would be great if people who are looking to use a lot of the same coupon could check with management first to see if it is all right. If everyone couponed responsibly, I wouldn't have this fear. I know people say, "It's up to the store to put limits on the number of coupons you can use" - but then people complain because the store puts a limit on the number of like coupons you can use!

So this all ends in a question (I'm still undecided, and if I do post it won't be tonight anyway) - do you post/share the amazing deals you find, or do you sometimes keep deals to yourself, for fear that others will ruin future trips?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

There's lots of times when I keep deals to myself. I've seen people go over-board too many times and/or abuse a deal. So, yes I sometimes keep deals to myself.

I have also stopped posting locations of coupons I've found. Boards still get cleared but as least I know I didn't help.

Hope this answers your question!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Silk, hollyquaiscer, Ciel and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I would certainly pass the deal on to friends and family (and people here that you trust) but I definitely wouldn't post it on this public forum, especially if you feel that people will take advantage of the deal.
    Silk, hollyquaiscer, Ciel and 9 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I would certainly pass the deal on to friends and family (and people here that you trust) but I definitely wouldn't post it on this public forum, especially if you feel that people will take advantage of the deal.
    Yeah!! Just tell only GoJays and me what the deal is and where it is o.k?? lol!!!
    aw I am having some silly fun, but I do understand the spot you are in since the store is the one local to you and if the cashiers there get abused because of your post then you'd feel responsible.
    Maybe I'd keep this one under wraps, save the cashiers the aggravation.
    Silk, hollyquaiscer, Ciel and 9 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I agree with everyone else. Couponing has changed so much in the past few years due to abuse and people getting a truckload of an item, then try and make themselves feel better by saying they're sharing or donating. Some do, some don't. If I were you, I'd keep it to myself, then share next week after the deals over after the deal is over. That way, those that want, or need it will be able to get it. I'm sure word will probably get out anyways.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I agree with everyone else. Couponing has changed so much in the past few years due to abuse and people getting a truckload of an item, then try and make themselves feel better by saying they're sharing or donating. Some do, some don't. If I were you, I'd keep it to myself, then share next week after the deals over after the deal is over. That way, those that want, or need it will be able to get it. I'm sure word will probably get out anyways.
    I am so with you - over the years couponing has changed and now some coupons are worth so much less because people abuse it or buy so many of it for extra points or for overage - that companies ARE changing. I would keep the deal to yourself cause if you know people will abuse it I would just tell them next week I keep deals sometimes to myself because I know there are shelf clearer people here

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

post at the end of the year
    as a reflection of " a year of good deals"
    don't even name the store

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I would also keep this info off a public forum and only post it as a brag after you have gotten the deal, should you so choose. Keeping things anonymous is also a good idea. Sometimes, you are just bursting to share a great deal (I would be too!), so feel free to share with those you know wont abuse or shelf clear or act in any manner which may affect your future couponing at this local store

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks so much for the responses everyone!

I was feeling guilty for not sharing such a great deal, so it's nice to know that others can see it the way I do. I'll hold off posting a brag for a couple of weeks

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I havent faced this situation yet because i live in a very small town and i get to know about all the awesome deals on SC forums. But please dont stop posting awesome (nation wide)deals on SC, it's only because of this website that i have saved sooooo many dollars, and consider myself the richest girl in Comox because i have soooo many optimum points and pc points. I love SC and sdm and paper towels.
    Last edited by amira84; Sat, Aug 23rd, 2014 at 12:21 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I havent faced this situation yet because i live in a very small town and i get to know about all the awesome deals on SC forums. But please dont stop posting awesome (nation wide)deals on SC, it's only because of this website that i have saved sooooo many dollars, and consider myself the richest girl in Comox because i have soooo many optimum points and pc points. I love SC and sdm and paper towels.
    Oh I'd definitely post if it was nation wide - but I'm certain this is just one local store trying to clear out old stock. I've decided that it's visible enough for people that are out doing their regular shopping that they can see it and put 2 and 2 together themselves.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

It's really sad that as couponers we can't share deals because of some people's actions. I know personally I would have missed TONS of deals in the past if not for posts on this site. Are we reduced to clandestine dealings? Unfortunately it maybe our new couponing reality.
    Just call me Wolfie

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-its true couponing has changed a lot over even the last 2 years-because of hoarders that wipe out shelves -sorry its true -but hey if you want to keep it to yourself that fine
    -I mean its nice to read all the brags but no problem not posting your deal i am sure you post other ones

- I ran in to a problem returning an item to a store yesterdaythat ws bough with a coupon -I wont name the store -why because of coupon fraud-ad I wasnt doing anything wrong

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Apparently a lot of stores are not taking coupons from some apps now too. Very sad, some like coupgon are just getting started, but because of fraud, stores are hesitant. So sad.
    luckbealady and momi like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i wouldnt post.. sometimes it's just better to keep it to yourself.... i've done that a few times because those dang coupon locusts come out and go a little mad crazy on good deals clearing the shelf "just because they can"
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information