User Tag List

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I picked up some fruit and some lard so i can make buns.

The auction dudnt have any dressers so i left. The work wear place doesnt have the boots i wAnt yet. I very much need new winter boots this year.

I got several sets of shoes and summer coats to the shed so we have a touch more porch space. Shaved both dogs feet. And started my dough in the bread maker. I found my Christmas cards tags and some bows. Im going to wrap some of what ive gotten n pop it into the camper so its done with for a few month's. :D
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I thought FB price matched but they told me they don't can someone confirm as I am ready to email FB head office and comment on this, I thought it was straight across Canada, meaning all FB's price matched!!!
    Nancy my FB does not price match, never has.
    I read that they were testing it in certain areas earlier this year, but it was never rolled out country wide.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley so happy for you sounds like your mom is coming around especially with the meal planning and budget in mind. Good luck with all you have to accomplish in the new few days at work, you will definitely deserve some rest after all that.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl sounds like Ashlyn got spoilt on her 1st birthday which is wonderful!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

saundyl great job on all you got done and especially the Christmas shopping gifts & stocking suffers

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Nancy my FB does not price match, never has.
    I read that they were testing it in certain areas earlier this year, but it was never rolled out country wide.
    What does FB stand for? Everytime i see it i think facebook!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Food Basics.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Food Basics .

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Buns raising oven heating im excited because its been years since i took the time to make bu s rather than just using the breadmaker to make a loaf of bread

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgal View Post
    Food Basics.
    Thank you ladies
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Food Basics .
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Me and Mom were just discussing Christmas and we have agreed that on certain stocking stuffers we are going to take from our stockpile and wrap stuff we already own. Might sound funny but stockings have always been big in our family and we did this a couple years ago and it saved us quite a bit of money. As well considering some of the amounts in our stockpile we do not need to buy anymore and in our family stockings are partially about everyday items you need (make-up, body wash, oral health) to save money after Christmas when money might be tight.

Now it is time to start watching for sales on Make-Up and other items I will need for Mom's stocking. I have figured out Mom's big gift which should cost me under $50 as I am going to use gift cards I earned to pay for most of it. I have been really hard to earn enough points to cover most of the cost so I can do this for her. I am just hoping she likes it as I am not getting super nervous.

One down way too many to go. Mom is always the easiest to shop for, now is when I really stress over what to buy everyone else. But I do not think I am going to buy for my cousins other than my oldest one and his wife and their baby as the rest of the family no longer attends family functions or really speaks to us. Is this rude of me?
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Me and Mom were just discussing Christmas and we have agreed that on certain stocking stuffers we are going to take from our stockpile and wrap stuff we already own. Might sound funny but stockings have always been big in our family and we did this a couple years ago and it saved us quite a bit of money. As well considering some of the amounts in our stockpile we do not need to buy anymore and in our family stockings are partially about everyday items you need (make-up, body wash, oral health) to save money after Christmas when money might be tight.

Now it is time to start watching for sales on Make-Up and other items I will need for Mom's stocking. I have figured out Mom's big gift which should cost me under $50 as I am going to use gift cards I earned to pay for most of it. I have been really hard to earn enough points to cover most of the cost so I can do this for her. I am just hoping she likes it as I am not getting super nervous.

One down way too many to go. Mom is always the easiest to shop for, now is when I really stress over what to buy everyone else. But I do not think I am going to buy for my cousins other than my oldest one and his wife and their baby as the rest of the family no longer attends family functions or really speaks to us. Is this rude of me?
    My bfs family does the toothpaste toothbrush etc for stockings. I like it. My family has always done an orange some candies, kitchen utensils,lip balm nail polish. Little toys etc. I always put knitted dish cloths in peoples stockings...sometimes scarves. Iove knitting but never seem to sell it or keep it for myself
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Took my little one to see the "my little pony show". It was free we only had to donate one non-perishable item per person to see it. My little one isn't feeling well, coughing and runny nose, but hoping that with an extra early bedtime tonight with lots of rest she'll be feeling better tomorrow.
    Hope everyone is having a good and frugal weekend. Take care.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Ashley.. stockings were HUGE in our house as well. LOVED the surprises we'd get.

we finally got groceries done. after 3 weeks it felt good. lots of deals. tomorrow were heading to costco, our bags are getting low. who knows what else we'll find
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley not rude at all. Do they still buy you something even if they don't go to the family functions, if not don't worry about it, is what I say

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information