User Tag List

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well went to talize for 10.00 to donate and shop while hubby was at work
    (1)marksworkwarehouse 3 /4 length fall top 5.99 on for half off today-2.99=3.00
    (1) funky glass modern necklace 1.99-10% cause I am senior now 55 and up =1.80 for (my daughter's stocking its like new)
    and the piece de la resisterance for me (1) pair of open back 2 inch heel with silver buckle open toes(so cool looking)aerosols
    5.99-10% off= 5.40-cant beat that for 100.00 sandals

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Happy Sunday....
    Tired day for me today, didn't get a lot of sleep, but rocking and rolling so far today, on my 3rd load of laundry, will be starting dinner soon.
    Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, have a good day all .

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    They look amazing. Now where' the brick of butter...yummers. I would say you did terrific
    Thank you.
    It was just to the side. They sure tasted good. Out of a dozen...there's 4 left

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Happy Sunday all. Im being lazy today - reinstalling my desktop and wrapping some Christmas gifts (and taunting my mom about it on facebook with pics)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner, the ham was a leftover from Easter and I needed the room for the turkey. It was a huge spiral ham so the menu is done for the week leftovers monday, quiche Tuesday ....you get the idea. DH made bread and I did cookies for lunch. No money spent today either. Awesome.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 9 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We opted to have chicken Cesar salad for supper tonight. I picked uo 5 chicken breasts For 8 dollars. They miss priced it all the rest were 22.31 per kg and this was $11 per kg with 3 dollar off sticker.

Spent most of the day trying to network our wd tv box with my network drive. Lots of movies to watch for the kids on there!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow everyone on here is bustling about as usual!! Had frugal week, I had an allergic reaction to something and was really down and out for a few days, feeling better but still itching like crazy. So needless to say shopping was not a priority! I did make it to Target this morning and bought a bunch of Kraft real Parmesan cheese on clearance for half price and had coupons so for 2.04 each my freezer is stocked for a while, I see pasta and Italian wedding soup on the menu this week!! I also picked up two beautiful stainless steel pot and pan sets for two of my daughters for Christmas for 89.00 each, regular 299.00 so I am a happy camper!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Sun, Oct 5th, 2014 at 09:00 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Saundyl, great job on the Christmas wrapping, I will be starting after Thanksgiving, I swear I am going to be ahead of the game this year so it is as stress free as possible!!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Saundyl.. you can stop anytime bragging about buying and wrapping prezzies. saw your brag/pics.. OI.. keep that up and we'll all give you our lists.. lol

spent the day shopping with the family.. at Costco. u can only imagine how that went. $$$
    not frugal at all. however seeing as we haven't done any in nearly a month. many items needed stocking up on.
    a few extra treats.
    hopefully we dont' need to shop for awhile , like six months. geez!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

On the couch watching Hope Springs. Load of laundry in machine. One folded and ready to put away. Picked up free tops for my boys today. Woohoo. Posted on free FB group I was 1st for the 2 lots she was offering. All name brands and like new. One had tags on it still. Trying not to bring more stuff in house but couldn't resist. Went to visit grandma tonight and invited for dinner so re didn't have to cook or clean up here. Nice! And I got to rock my niece to sleep and put her to bed since they were visiting. So cute she is!
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I need to get going on the Christmas shopping too. Want it wrapped and done mid November. My sister is so organized ( she has tons done and wrapped and at our moms house already where we do Christmas)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

[QUOTE DH isn't the handiest guy, so when something needs to get fixed, I half expect it to be worse than when he started. But, bless his heart, he tries.[/QUOTE]

Your DH must be related to mine! He never gives up trying to fix things, but I really wish he would!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

YIKES! Are there any Provincial Programs to help with the cost of replacement? We have one here in Ontario, - it's not worth as much as it used to be but it helped a little when we had to replace our a/c. Is there any way to pay for it through your energy delivery - like gas co. just add it to your monthly bill? But you do pay interest on it that way. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    I just wanted to wish eveyone happy October where did the year go just a few months till x-mass I finally got my filling cabinet organized .This week had the furnace guy in for my furnace and the worse news air exchange is cracked so no furnace.I guess i will have to buy a new ones to the tune of $5,000 plus tax,i swear it doesn't rain it pours some days.You can't seem to get ahead 3 steps forward and 5 steps back.Now my TV doesn't work what's next,they everything comes in threes lol.Off to bed to read goodnight
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Was gloomy here but it looks like its trying to be nice out. Pretty sure I heard rain rain rain as the forecast anyway. Hung up my laundry to dry in the laundry room today since I heard rain was on the menu. Made oatmeal for breakfast to eat at my desk but no coffee! was going to pick one up on way but no time so may have to bite the bullet and have one here- its good coffee and free but we are all sick of it. Sold 2 items yesterday and made pure profit. Dog food my sister gave me but I don't feed my dog $5 and a Fisher Price Farm I bought for my niece when I couldn't find the FP Little house (I ended up finding the house a few days later) So they sell for $49.99 plus tax regular price at Walmart but were on for $20 on the big sale a few weeks ago so sold it for $35 Made a few extra bucks for my money jar Tonight I plan on posting a bunch of items and get stuff rolling out the door.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Lily dog tried to wake me up at 7am, but it was so dark I was convinced it was the middle of the night and told her to go back to sleep. I finally looked at the clock around 7:30 & felt rather guilty. Then again, it was still drizzling, so the poor girl couldn't spy on the neighbours anyway (she insisted we run out & back in again). I'll make it up to her later when I cook up the last of the beets and give her the lion's share as a snack.

Quincy cat is hiding in his box, he has no interest in the fall weather. Looks like it might be clearing in the distance, so maybe we'll actually get a sliver of sunlight at some point. Wouldn't that be nice. Then the brats can fight over who gets to sleep in the sunny spot.

Off to boil beets and figure out what to do with the 5lbs of carrots my friend brought over the other day. Wonder how well a carrot cake in the shape of a turkey would go over at Thanksgiving?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information