User Tag List

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Andi - that is a tough situation for sure - I think I'd do as you said, just not confide in them.

City workers have been digging on our street -- and when I woke up from my nap, I discovered the water is off. Sure hoping it's on before supper because I need water to make noodles for chicken soup (and to flush!).

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Sorry ladies no likes my button has disappeared . Avon i think i will rent from the gas company as it's only $59 +tax a mth for 9 yrs includes the maintenance plan also.Well time for supper later
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    No, they took away that option- Get bonus points when you redeem points (It worked when they 1st introduced the program) But I guess they realized their mistake with all the free pizza, Palmolive etc walking out the door If I plan on redeeming I redeem my points for a GC then buy my stuff and use the GC then I get the points.
    Thanks for the hint,!
    Andit, Ciel, jasperandchar and 1 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well the water came back on in time to finish making supper - BUT it came with a boil water advisory - so I'm sure hoping that goes away tomorrow!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-my gum was killing me all yesteday last night was awfull-ended up going to bed with an ice pack (still managed to get 20 times the points at shoppers with the email they sent me)
    -see this morning I am fine-cant wait to go in 8 more days
    -well i go for a mammogram this afternoon (uuggggg)-no deodorant ,purfume or powder-wow will shower at 1.00 I guess
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

coupon girl, so sorry you are in pain... good luck with your squishing!

Today's the first day I've ever made coffee in the drip machine with boiling water!
    We have a boil water advisory, and I didn't think of boiling water last night and leaving it to cool.

It worked out fine, machine made some funny noises - probably from trying to heat up boiling water, lol! Coffee tastes normal, though.

Hoping the advisory is lifted today - just have to wait for notification.

Son is coming over for supper tonight - YAY!!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Thank you so much for all the support. Still feeling a bit weird about the situation. The strange thing is that I don't think the so-called friends even realized how hurtful their actions were or how those actions would have a direct impact on me. Somehow that's even worse than if they were simply malicious.

On the plus side, I've decided to devote today to playing with the brats. Everything else can wait. The brats are still sound asleep, so fun time will have to wait until they've had their beauty sleep.

Still lots of grey skies, but it looks like it might be clearing. Sunshine would be a nice treat.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Busy day for me in the office but then hope to get some things done at home above the regular kitchen/laundry/school bags etc. Not sure what I'm making for dinner yet, will decide when I get home, may be a bit of this and that. My honey treated me to Chinese food last night for dinner which I'm just remembering now that I left my leftovers in the fridge at home! Guess I will go home to eat it and relax at lunch today. Washed sheets and hung them to dry in the dining room today lol. Will make the bed as soon as I get home. Have a drying rack full of laundry that will be put away and a basket of clean folded laundry too that needs to be put away. Then start all over
    saundyl, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Found some stuff on the side of the road a week or 2 ago (right beside my mailbox) so decided to take a look. A bunch of baskets etc, exercise videos, that I wanted. A hard cover crochet book that I posted for sale and someone is coming to buy today for $4
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

Thank you so much for all the support. Still feeling a bit weird about the situation. The strange thing is that I don't think the so-called friends even realized how hurtful their actions were or how those actions would have a direct impact on me. Somehow that's even worse than if they were simply malicious.

On the plus side, I've decided to devote today to playing with the brats. Everything else can wait. The brats are still sound asleep, so fun time will have to wait until they've had their beauty sleep.

Still lots of grey skies, but it looks like it might be clearing. Sunshine would be a nice treat.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    So sorry about your friend issues, hopefully things will resolve.Hope today is a good one!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I applied for a temporary full-time teaching position. It was then that I realized that I missed this school when visiting schools last month, so I planned on stopping by the school this morning. That plan changed when I received a call at 6:45 this morning from a teacher, so I'm going to be teaching Grade 7 for the day. I'm in for this same teacher for 3 consecutive days later this month. I taught for this teacher last year too. I think I need to find out this teacher's "weakness" so that I can get her a special treat. I have 9 days of teaching this month and 4 of them are from her! I am now teaching 3 out of 5 days this week.

I'll see what I can get done after work today. I'm going to go 10% off shopping at Sobeys and attend a volunteer meeting at 7:00 tonight. Dh and I were both up with LO last night. He was crying really hard because of the pain from teething, we ended up giving him some Tylenol and then he was able to sleep again.
    saundyl, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good job Angela!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I applied for a temporary full-time teaching position. It was then that I realized that I missed this school when visiting schools last month, so I planned on stopping by the school this morning. That plan changed when I received a call at 6:45 this morning from a teacher, so I'm going to be teaching Grade 7 for the day. I'm in for this same teacher for 3 consecutive days later this month. I taught for this teacher last year too. I think I need to find out this teacher's "weakness" so that I can get her a special treat. I have 9 days of teaching this month and 4 of them are from her! I am now teaching 3 out of 5 days this week.

I'll see what I can get done after work today. I'm going to go 10% off shopping at Sobeys and attend a volunteer meeting at 7:00 tonight. Dh and I were both up with LO last night. He was crying really hard because of the pain from teething, we ended up giving him some Tylenol and then he was able to sleep again.
    Good luck on the temp job!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    coupon girl, so sorry you are in pain... good luck with your squishing!

Today's the first day I've ever made coffee in the drip machine with boiling water!
    We have a boil water advisory, and I didn't think of boiling water last night and leaving it to cool.

It worked out fine, machine made some funny noises - probably from trying to heat up boiling water, lol! Coffee tastes normal, though.

Hoping the advisory is lifted today - just have to wait for notification.

Son is coming over for supper tonight - YAY!!!
    Bf always puts hot water into ours he claims the coffee is hotter n gets made faster

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Good luck on the temp job!!
    I second the good luck!

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information