User Tag List

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Was stunned to see 4L homogenized milk at $4.99 (Fortino's flyer did not incl. homogenized in the list) according to shelf price, just 50 cents more than 2L milk carton and with Oct. 12 expiry on tag.
    ^sweetsparrow-say, do you have any brandy/whiskey in the house? You might like to soak a piece of clean cotton t-shirt into a shot glass worth of liquor and put it on your chest when you go to bed. It could help with your coughing.
    I went to WM last week when 4 L homo milk was advertised at $4.77. The shelf price said $4.57 and it was still $4.57 as of yesterday. The 2 L carton was $4, with a October 12 expiry. If LO doesn't drink it by the weekend, it'll go in the freezer.

Brandy/whiskey, goodness no. I'm not sure I could stomach the strong smell, but sleeping is rough. Sleeping only a few hours each night and coughing the rest isn't working well. I tried the Vicks vapour rub and it did nothing except to make a big mess on my skin. A half hour hot shower did nothing to move the congestion. This must be the mother of all flus! I looked it up and I have the symptoms of ebola. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Lunch yesterday was very yummy. Went to a little hole-in-the-wall Thai place near me (http://www.sukhothaifood.ca/). We split an order of mango salad and spicy spring rolls (we used the chili sauce to cool it off!), then coconut tapioca pudding for dessert. I'm still drooling.
    Oh that place looks yummy! I miss downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Well my PC points suck besides the 5000 pts wus $50 so will just price match everything at Superstore to hit the $50 so I get a few points for my future shopping spree. Food Basics has a bunch of sale items I want so will be a price matching shop for sure. And see what reduced bread I can find.
    I had 3000 WUS $30 and it didn't go through because I redeemed points for $30. I guess they don't count point redemptions as payment.

I'm contemplating going to the walk-in clinic. I've tried calling my doctor and they said they'd call back, but I haven't heard anything yet. I just hate when my doctor tells me not to use walk-ins, yet he's never available. I also hate the three hour wait times at walk-ins.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No, they took away that option- Get bonus points when you redeem points (It worked when they 1st introduced the program) But I guess they realized their mistake with all the free pizza, Palmolive etc walking out the door If I plan on redeeming I redeem my points for a GC then buy my stuff and use the GC then I get the points.
    saundyl, Andit, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Andit,, if you cover it in icing, sure no one would care.. anything covered in icing, including a carrot cake in the shape of a turkey would get eaten. lol

Avon. good to see you popping in.

Frugalmama.. im just going to give you my list.. you can post on kijiji.. your doing amazing. but isn't your place empty yet.. haha

im supposed to be downtown spreading resumes. but my printer won't print. so now have to wait til tomorrow to get to the library.
    thats ok. dh is taking mom to the clinic, so i'll stay and visit dad.
    for now i think im going to work on some cleaning. its cold out, moving will keep me warm.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yikes, sucks that you are so sick! Knock on wood my household has been sick free for a long while. A good reminder for me to speak with kids and remind them to wash hands all the time and not let their sick friends touch/breath on them!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I agree, Carrot cake is a wonderful dessert!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Andit,, if you cover it in icing, sure no one would care.. anything covered in icing, including a carrot cake in the shape of a turkey would get eaten. lol

Avon. good to see you popping in.

Frugalmama.. im just going to give you my list.. you can post on kijiji.. your doing amazing. but isn't your place empty yet.. haha

im supposed to be downtown spreading resumes. but my printer won't print. so now have to wait til tomorrow to get to the library.
    thats ok. dh is taking mom to the clinic, so i'll stay and visit dad.
    for now i think im going to work on some cleaning. its cold out, moving will keep me warm.
    Andit, ROMEO, avoncallingu and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mrs Sunshine- I am worried what I will sell when my place is decluttered! But with kids they are always outgrowing things so I should be good for awhile. My sister is always giving me stuff to sell for her too and gives me the money cause she just can't be bothered

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

Oh, sweet sparrow, sorry you are still so sick.
    I'm making chicken soup - that would be an awesome cure for you, wish I could get it to you!

House smells heavenly with it simmering away!

We had gotten notice not to park on our street today - assumed it was streetcleaning, but they are digging up the street - it's crazy that every once in a while it rumbles underneath my chair. I'm in a room at the front of the house. When the machine bangs, I feel it in my behind!
    I thought they only dug like that for watermains, but we got no notice of water being shut off, so I don't know what's up. It's across the street and over a few houses. Cats are of two minds about it all - scared by the noises, yet attracted by the lights and just being snoopy. They have taken up residence in each of the two windows, lol!

Andi - turkey carrot cake, definitely!

Some ideas here for shaping:

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.co...ving-cake.html
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Don't forget to use the FPC for yogurt that was only good for today. I traded for 2 and was able to redeem both at lunch today. Not my kind so its for the kids and what they don't eat will go in the freezer to make them smoothies

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Saundyl, great job on the Christmas wrapping, I will be starting after Thanksgiving, I swear I am going to be ahead of the game this year so it is as stress free as possible!!!
    Good luck. Being ahead for me has only been in the last three years. I find with being so far from good shopping like a mall or walmart i order online and i have to order by mid November to guaranty ill get what i wAnt to give. Wayyy less stress fir me! Before i moved to the nwt i was shopping in December and alllll stressed out

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Saundyl.. you can stop anytime bragging about buying and wrapping prezzies. saw your brag/pics.. OI.. keep that up and we'll all give you our lists.. lol

spent the day shopping with the family.. at Costco. u can only imagine how that went. $$$
    not frugal at all. however seeing as we haven't done any in nearly a month. many items needed stocking up on.
    a few extra treats.
    hopefully we dont' need to shop for awhile , like six months. geez!
    Lol. I'll behave til after thanksgiving now.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I need to get going on the Christmas shopping too. Want it wrapped and done mid November. My sister is so organized ( she has tons done and wrapped and at our moms house already where we do Christmas)
    I find being done early i get more chances to bake and not stress

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Happy Monday! Was gloomy here but it looks like its trying to be nice out. Pretty sure I heard rain rain rain as the forecast anyway. Hung up my laundry to dry in the laundry room today since I heard rain was on the menu. Made oatmeal for breakfast to eat at my desk but no coffee! was going to pick one up on way but no time so may have to bite the bullet and have one here- its good coffee and free but we are all sick of it. Sold 2 items yesterday and made pure profit. Dog food my sister gave me but I don't feed my dog $5 and a Fisher Price Farm I bought for my niece when I couldn't find the FP Little house (I ended up finding the house a few days later) So they sell for $49.99 plus tax regular price at Walmart but were on for $20 on the big sale a few weeks ago so sold it for $35 Made a few extra bucks for my money jar Tonight I plan on posting a bunch of items and get stuff rolling out the door.
    Why sick of the coffee?

I took my keurig to work because our boss always puts decaf junk in the 12 cupper. If im gonna drink coffee it better be real lol.

Ss im sorry you feel sick still...hoping it gets better!
    Last edited by saundyl; Mon, Oct 6th, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We have a Keurig at work and can order whatever kind we want but we just don't like it anymore. Not sure why. So I usually bring mine from home or grab a Timmies the odd morning. I should start drinking it again since it is free.
    saundyl, Andit, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Dealing with a weird situation & not sure how to react. I just found out some friends of mine betrayed me" They did things I would not have expected them to do. These are folks I see & chat with regularly & I'm not so much angry as disappointed that they acted as they did. Long convoluted story short, they are friends with an individual I do not like (I don't do well with folks who are obvious manipulators and use people). There are very few people I cannot get along with, this is one of them (I never bash this person, just chalk it up to personality clashes, but there is a lot more to it than that). At this point, I'm going to just go along with things as if I never found out about this, but I will certainly have to re-examine just how much I confide in them. The one friend really disappointed me, I went through a year of helping this individual with things that would have cost her over $1K, but she didn't have to pay a dime because of what I did (sometimes causing me a lot of bother).

At this point, I'm not going to cut anyone out of my life (we're all part of a larger group that gets together, so it's not feasible). I just won't go out of my way to help these folks. Which really makes me sad.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Our company has gone and DD is off to band camp for 3 days so DH and I are just chilling and relaxing-maybe we will get out for a walk and enjoy the nice fall weather we have been having. Lots of leftovers in the fridge to clean up so no need to cook. Tomorrow I am meeting a friend for coffee and then watching the 4 year old twin boys while their Mum goes for her 33 week ulstrasound and Dr apt-once those 2 new baby boys arrive my life will be insane trying to lend a hand. Taking my Mum back to the orthopedic surgeon Wednesday to see about getting her hip replaced( the one she broke in July). Understandably she is reluctant to go through another surgery now that she is feeling and moving so much better and has regained her independence-so I guess we will see what pros and cons they give us and what the waiting list for the actual surgery is -this is just the consult. Hope eveyone is having a good day and evening!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Oct 6th, 2014 at 09:41 PM.

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information