• 2 Post By SassyAshley

Thread: QotD: 14 Jan 2015: Younger siblings

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  01-14-2015.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  79.0 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by danger_dan; Wed, Jan 14th, 2015 at 01:38 PM.
    Natalka, walkonby, toban and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm the youngest (older brother and sister). Hmmm.. I'm not sure how I would have reacted at a young age. I'm hoping in a positive manner. My sister in law has two boys (7 and 10) When the youngest was born, the older was a bit jealous. He was going to put his baby brother in the garbage can. Luckily he didn't try. They are older now, bicker at times, but for the most part are good to each other.
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I was 10 years old, the youngest of five kids. Thought I'd always be the 'baby'...

This was 1971, so had no clue about babies - and wasn't told anything. Didn't notice anything different about mom.

One night, heard the garage door go up - it was a split-level house, garage was under part of the second level. I was in a bedroom with my sister who is three years older than me, we got up and went to our older sister's room. I don't remember if anyone told us what was going on or not.

Don't remember, either, being told the news that my brother was born.

What I do remember clearly is them coming home, and getting to hold my brother right away.

Few people knew my mom was pregnant - she was 45 when she had him, maybe it was because of her age, the time gap, who knows? Also, my brother was born in August - and my oldest sister had her first baby in April of the same year, so that must have been odd for mom.

I do know one aunt said how floored they were at the news Mom had a baby, because she and Dad had visited there not long before - and she wondered why Mom held her purse in front of her the whole time!

(btw, my Mom always still told me, even when I was an adult, that I would always be her 'baby girl'... so I had that!)

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I'm the youngest but I would have loved a little sibling! There was only my sister and I so it would have been nice to have a little brother. I've always wished I had a brother.

DD was 2.5 when DS was born so she didn't really understand the whole concept of having a little brother. We were a bit worried about how she would react but she was great with him from the get go. She wanted to help feed him, change him, etc. Even now she's a great big sister, always excited to see him and includes him when she's with her friends.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Hmm... I can't say that I remember how a felt or reacted. I would have been a couple months shy of my 4th Birthday. I remember (or remember being told) that I went to the babysitters across the street for the night and then got to visit my mom in the hospital the next day.
    Natalka, ROMEO, danger_dan and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

hey Mr Danger, if this question is not too personal, do you have babies on your mind
    Natalka, ROMEO, danger_dan and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My son is 9 years older than my daughter and when we went for the results of the amnio and the doctor told us it was a girl he said to the doctor "My life is over" her jaw dropped lol
    ROMEO, walkonby, toban and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Ha too funny Patty!!
    Strange but my situation is almost the same as Natalka"s.
    I am the 5th youngest I have a sister 3 years older than me, one 14 years older, one 13 years older and one 12 years older.
    When I was 7 two of my sisters married within 6 months of each other, my poor mother found out she was expecting at 48 years old between the two weddings.She told me I was getting a brother or sister quite a bit after the weddings and even I was dumbfounded as to why my sister and my mother were expecting at the same time.
    I had a brother and it was tough as he was very ill for most of his infancy with seizures they couldn't control so needless to say my life dramatically changed and i spent a lot of time with my older sister that was still at home. Unfortunately my father died just before his second birthday so I had a few rough years as a child but everyone did the best we could.My baby brother is now a healthy happy father himself and we are very close!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    hey Mr Danger, if this question is not too personal, do you have babies on your mind
    Hey there Shwa, not too personal at all.
    There has been discussion of babies for quite a while with the lady. Not for a while though. That's the plan any way.

Today's question is inspired by my youngest brother. Today's his Birthday, and I thought it'd be a good QotD to ask about siblings.

I remember my mom being pregnant, and helping out around the house doing the little things for her..."grab this for mommy...put this back in it's spot for mommy..."

There's a 6 year difference between the two of us, and I was going to school when he was born, so I wasn't spending much time around him when he was first born.

I do remember being upset that I had to now share a room with my other younger brother who as losing his room to the nursery...
    Natalka, Patty Smyth and Shwa Girl like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    I do remember being upset that I had to now share a room with my other younger brother who as losing his room to the nursery...
    similar story here
    had to share a room with my younger sister
    had to pick her up after school
    had to take care of her when I wanted to go out with friends

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I have doting parents and have good relationship with my siblings. Although I wasn't the youngest, I was treated very much like the 'baby' in the family.
    danger_dan likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am the oldest of 4 (1 bro and 2 half siblings from my Dad's second marriage). I remember when my Mom was pregnant with Bro and everyone telling me there was going to be a baby which was cool as I already had a cousin who is a 1 year old than my bro and have always taken to the being the boss of all the kids. I do remember waking up in the middle of night to find my Great Grandfather sitting with me as Mom had gone to hospital which I did not understand at the time, I was 3, but once home I helped with everything including once he went on baby food helping him eat his strawberries.

The other two I was older my half bro is 7 years younger than me and my sis is 9 years younger than me. I was happy, small children have always loved me even to this day if I am out at a friends house their kids are all over me to play with them. So for me it was someone else to play with and probably boss around, I like to be in charge.
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Thread Information