User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: Our Tara...prayers and healing thoughts....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I'm glad to hear some news and hope Tara will be feeling much better very soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    madchives and TaraF like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you Lynn for posting this, and thank you all for your kind words/thoughts, and keeping me in your prayers. As Lynn mentioned I've been experiencing some issues (I'll post this in the Horatio thread too) but it turns out it all has come back to one little pill. One stupid little pill they shouldn't haven't taken me off of so soon. When I had my brain surgery in 2010 I was left on Dexamethasone for 3 months, after radiation ended September 30 I was taken off after 10 days. I've been experiencing severe cerebral edema (brain swelling) for the last 8 weeks or so. And for 5 of those weeks I was unable to eat or keep water down, it made for an amazing diet with a total weight loss of 25 lbs. I said to my Oncologist it's the only time I've been happy I wasn't a "skinny b*tch" to start with lol But it seriously took a toll on me. I was literally the walking dead for weeks, I only left the apartment to go to appointments or the hospital, I was treated for dehydration 4 times, I saw so many Doctors and had so many tests and they all came back fine. I at one point was thinking I was the healthiest sick person ever. lol

Apparently after having over a few dozen CT Scans and MRI's and 6 weeks of brain radiation in the last 4 years Doctors are reluctant to expose you to more radiation than you absolutely need to, so no Dr is really too eager to toss me in for an MRI right now to check out my brain. However, I was placed on dexamethasone 2 weeks ago for brain swelling and took my first dose at night and the next morning I didn't vomit. And I haven't since. And I feel normal. I can eat, I can drink, I can walk around without my barf bucket in hand (I was attached at the hip to it) because I was vomiting all day, daily for weeks. So my Oncologist weened me already from 4mg a day to 2mg a day and now he wants to start me Monday with 2 mg every other day. And IF the nausea and vomiting returns he'll shove me in for an MRI, if not he'll see if I can be weened off entirely. *sighs*. Here's the thing: I have so much swelling and so much water on my brain I can actually hear it swooshing around when I move my head to the right. Weird, right? My regular MRI is scheduled for March 4 and I get they don't want to expose me to more radiation then they need to, but, ummmm, it's my brain and I'm dealing with brain cancer here so I kind of would rather have an MRI sooner rather than later.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I'm glad to see you posting and feeling better.
    Here's to good health for the New Year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    madchives, TaraF and avoncallingu like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you SharonMe, I hope 2015 is a good year. And thank you Lynn it sure is nice to be back, I've missed everyone and all that's been going on here. I've also missed feeling "normal". The things we take for granted every day, just those small things.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you for the update,glad to see you back! You are still very much in thought and prayer
    madchives, TaraF and SharonMe like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Thank you Lynn for posting this, and thank you all for your kind words/thoughts, and keeping me in your prayers. As Lynn mentioned I've been experiencing some issues (I'll post this in the Horatio thread too) but it turns out it all has come back to one little pill. One stupid little pill they shouldn't haven't taken me off of so soon. When I had my brain surgery in 2010 I was left on Dexamethasone for 3 months, after radiation ended September 30 I was taken off after 10 days. I've been experiencing severe cerebral edema (brain swelling) for the last 8 weeks or so. And for 5 of those weeks I was unable to eat or keep water down, it made for an amazing diet with a total weight loss of 25 lbs. I said to my Oncologist it's the only time I've been happy I wasn't a "skinny b*tch" to start with lol But it seriously took a toll on me. I was literally the walking dead for weeks, I only left the apartment to go to appointments or the hospital, I was treated for dehydration 4 times, I saw so many Doctors and had so many tests and they all came back fine. I at one point was thinking I was the healthiest sick person ever. lol

Apparently after having over a few dozen CT Scans and MRI's and 6 weeks of brain radiation in the last 4 years Doctors are reluctant to expose you to more radiation than you absolutely need to, so no Dr is really too eager to toss me in for an MRI right now to check out my brain. However, I was placed on dexamethasone 2 weeks ago for brain swelling and took my first dose at night and the next morning I didn't vomit. And I haven't since. And I feel normal. I can eat, I can drink, I can walk around without my barf bucket in hand (I was attached at the hip to it) because I was vomiting all day, daily for weeks. So my Oncologist weened me already from 4mg a day to 2mg a day and now he wants to start me Monday with 2 mg every other day. And IF the nausea and vomiting returns he'll shove me in for an MRI, if not he'll see if I can be weened off entirely. *sighs*. Here's the thing: I have so much swelling and so much water on my brain I can actually hear it swooshing around when I move my head to the right. Weird, right? My regular MRI is scheduled for March 4 and I get they don't want to expose me to more radiation then they need to, but, ummmm, it's my brain and I'm dealing with brain cancer here so I kind of would rather have an MRI sooner rather than later.
    God Bless you my friend. I hope you have a good 2015 and you and I can beat this stupid cancer together!
    madchives and TaraF like this.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

darn how awful tara, although nice to hear a bit better now.
    your info does make one wonder - and why the hell can't
    i have that test (mri) now exactly - it's not you silly doctor and if it was?
    hoping for more good news, hugs
    TaraF likes this.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you Skippy it's absolutely wonderful to be back. And Horndogg I am looking forward to kicking cancer's ass with you in 2015!

madchives it's really interesting how much control you really don't have over your own care when dealing with medical issues. I remember being told I couldn't resume my radiation until I had the okay from my Oncologist when I stopped the chemo. Umm what? I started the chemo and radiation of my own free will and I want to stop the chemo and continue to do radiation of my own free will and I need your permission to do that? Ummm what? lol It's weird. It really is.

Thanks Lynn. I saw this on my facebook feed and I totally loved it because I totally was feeling it by the time 2014 was in my rear view mirror. lol And it's Grumpy Cat.

Name:  10408091_797949656907440_4294335441946925166_n.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  47.8 KB
    Last edited by TaraF; Sat, Jan 3rd, 2015 at 02:12 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So how are you doing, my Friend? I'm afraid I've been awol for a while.....no reason, just peek in here and there, post on the diet thread to harass Walks, then leave. It's quite satisfying, really.....

It's cold here, -19, it snowed, hate that, too...I guess you guys got pummeled down there, too. And I agree with 2014 being just plain nasty! This year had better straighten up and fly right!

So, dish, Hon...how are you, what are you up to, how's the eating going?
    Stay warm and dry, Tara...stay in, snuggled in...and send your hubby out for stuff. It's what
    they're here for...

{{{{gentle hugs}}}}
    TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Haha that "grumpy cat" looks like it's on crack. I LOVE it. haha Made me smile. Thanks.

Now see, harassing walks sounds like fun, I could get on board with that lol I've been busy "catching up" on life. Whether it be doing stuff around the apartment I've neglected, phone calls I've had to make, MORE appointments I need to book, etc. Fun times. lol Today is my first day of weening of the meds so I hope it goes good, it's also my first day back on my vitamins. When I fell ill I stopped taking anything that wasn't essential because I wasn't keeping anything down anyways. All I was taking was my seizure medication, so now I'm trying to take all my other good stuff too.

New Year, new start. Lets hope. Its cold. I hate it. I'm such a bad Canadian. lol It's "only" -20 here with windchill. I have to say that because I was talking to my brother lastnight who is in Alberta and it was -42 when I was talking with him and he was calling me a wuss lol My nieces ( 9 and 6) refuse to go out and play in this weather. Can't say I blame them. haha Still hate -20 though and I have appointments and grocery shopping today to do. Might as well shop since I'm out and my moms driving and the car will be warm. lol Otherwise I have been sending my husband to the mall for whatever we need which has been nice.

Oh and I'm able to eat and drink and SINCE I've been on the dex I haven't vomited once, which is why I'm apprehensive about weening off of it today. We'll find out very quickly within the next few days if being off the meds entirely will bother me You stay warm! And cuddled with the pup. Under some blankets. This weather is crazy!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Tara, hoping all goes well with your change of meds. I know you know, but while you are weaning off the one drug, make sure you contact the dr. if there is any big change with you.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, Tara! Oh, my, good luck on weaning yourself off the dex; I can well imagine your apprehension...it was the same feeling I had when our doc cut my dosage of Advair. It was such a blessing not coughing chronically, not sleeping....I was so scared, so I can well understand you shaking in your boots, and not from the cold! Like Nat posted, although we pretty much know you're quite capable of looking after your needs, don't hesitate to let your doc know if you feel worse. We're Moms...it's our duty to remind you kids.......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information