User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: So what kind of year have you had?

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well, just a few more days left in 2014 and i will be glad to see the end of it! Hubby retired this past year and it`s been hard Learning how to manage with only pension cheques but we are doing it. No real illnesses to report, except the usual aches and pains setting in with old age. Arthritis hit me pretty bad this past year, especially in my wrist and fingers on my right hand. Our daughter and her hubby of 15 years split up in May. He left for another woman which was actually our daughter`s friend. Go figure. Lots of problems there especially with putting up the farm for sale, working out agreements for the kids, splitting up stuff, etc. Daughter is in the middle of moving (farm is rented right now and new people moving in on Jan 1st) so she has to be out by Jan 1st. And on top of all that, her job was abolished 2 weeks before Christmas so she is currently unemployed! What a mess! I cant wait for this year to be over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully 2015 will be a better year all round, especially for our daughter. Our daughter is fortunate in that she has several very good friends who have supported her emotionally throughout this ordeal. Plus she has her brother and us. She is staying positive and is looking forward to her move but it will be a big difference living in an apartment instead of a large house and lots of land! She is trying to make it an adventure for her kids who are 8 and 6. So we are all looking forward to 2015 because it can only get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

So sorry to hear about your daughter and her dh. I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason and It sounds like she will do just fine without him. I wish a fabulous new high paying career and a hot well established man to come about in 2015. In all seriousness I wish her the best.
    Happy to hear you are getting by ok with your change of finances. It will get easier the more you set a budget and stick to it.
    As for me I'll be happy when the temperature rises a bit and I can get the kids out and about a bit more. Dh has been out of work for a while now so we've been having to spend lil to none for a while now. Its been hard but I've gotten used to it. This year I'm hoping DS can get a few A's on his report card and spend less time with electronics. I have one more starting school in September so im excited for that. With so many lil ones my years start and end in sept as oppose to dec.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it was perfect right up to novemenber when I was fired from my job!!
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

2014 was a year of heartache and joy for myself. Losing 3 beloved pets in 3 months was heartbreaking for me especially when 1 died in my arms. And joy welcoming 2 new puppies into our lives. We made more improvements to the farm. DH once again surprised me with some amazing gifts throughout the year. Although I may grumble about his antics, I am again thankful for such an amazing loving husband.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

No complaints about the year except for my fall in May which I'm still recovering from...still mostly walking with a cane although I can go a while without it, still feels like I'm walking on gravel under my right foot, but hey...I'm learning how to walk again!
    Our DD, SIL and our Grandson, thank God, are all happy, healthy and well, and we see them often, as they only live a few blocks from us.

However, because of my fall, I will be literally burning my 2014 calendar outside in the new year! Thanks to Avon for that idea! I'm ready to purge it away for good!

Snowflakey, like AnnaMichele, I too, feel that things happen for a reason and although it's not likely clear to her now, she's probably well rid of the jerk, and heaven help his new playmate! Like someone once said: if a gal thinks that being on a tv show with a guy who drinks wine and plays patty-cake with 20 other women qualifies him as good husband material, good luck to her!
    In other words...she'd better be keeping her eyes and ears open for his next conquest! I can't imagine thinking that a guy who cheated on his WIFE, would make a good partner!!!
    Your daughter has a great support system around her and that's so important....she'll meet someone wonderful and land a great new job.....when a door closes...a window (of opportunity) opens! I firmly believe that....best wishes to her and to your family in 2015!!

Best wishes to everyone for a bright, happy and healthy new year!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Major health issues for dh, and several of my friends (including Lynn49) this year. Cancer, cancer, cancer and falls! Several outcomes - one miraculous - thank heavens! - one ongoing radiation after chemo for a REALLY bad - "triple negative" breast cancer - one renewing after a long time of remission. We moved with a short timeline (because of health issue) - BUT - have had wonderful support from friends and family. Our new home is JUST right (although had a lot of "hidden" issues when we first moved in). Have 1 new birth (yesterday) and the hope of another in our extended family. Did NOT get audited for income tax this year (yet) as we have for the past 5 out of 6 years. Our dogs bark "Hellll-ooo" when we come in! Nine lovely weddings officiated for 9 lovely couples. Comfort in my faith. So a challenging and rewarding year.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Not expecting any improvements for 2015 ,its been a rough 2014 but there's still a roof over our heads and room for love,joy, peace & hope.
    Last edited by bluerose; Sun, Dec 28th, 2014 at 04:51 PM.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

well i didn't win the lottery, i still have a mortgage, i don't have a new car, i'm not yet the perfect size.....

BUT

i have a fabulous husband and kids, a great job that i love, and a pretty decent house....life is good...
    ....just be happy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

2014 was a learning experience for me. I have always suffered with anxieties but 2013 it hit real bad. Hospital twice. In 2014 I decided to get help. With medication and finally finding the right therapist for me, things have gotten waaay better. This is the first xmas that I haven't had the blues. Felt real weird to feel good and happy. My last few months have been great.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Like many on here I will be pleased to say bye bye to 2014 , it was a financially trying year with many unexpected expenses (2 transmissions in our truck, the transmission going in my car, downsizing to only 1 vehicle, dh not working since February 2014) and many other bumps along the way.

I truly believe things happen for a reason, we`ve experienced some not so pleasant issues in 2014 and we`ve experience some trying times as well this year but I believe they have hidden lessons or meanings AND that we need to embrace them and learn from the experiences a hit re-set .

I am grateful for all I have and I am looking forward to a new year with new possibilities and challenges.

Here`s to a better 2015 for all
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well I am happy to say bye to 2014-had 3 surgeries so glad they are over with -except healthwise -I have had a gum problem -well it was sort of fixed the intense pain -don't have to take strong meds anymore
    I will have to live with dry mouth and the odd swollen gum
    -i am so relaxed not working for 2 years now -mind you babysitting for the past 3 months has been hard (my 1 year old granddaughter)
    -finacially the odd ups and downs

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well I am happy to say bye to 2014-had 3 surgeries so glad they are over with -except healthwise -I have had a gum problem -well it was sort of fixed the intense pain -don't have to take strong meds anymore
    I will have to live with dry mouth and the odd swollen gum
    -i am so relaxed not working for 2 years now -mind you babysitting for the past 3 months has been hard (my 1 year old granddaughter)
    -finacially the odd ups and downs
    Oh, don't grandkids just take the juice right out of you??!! LOL!! We're not made for little ones anymore and even with our 6-yr old grandson, as absolutely sweet as he is....boys are loud!! hahaha!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
    well i didn't win the lottery, i still have a mortgage, i don't have a new car, i'm not yet the perfect size.....

BUT

i have a fabulous husband and kids, a great job that i love, and a pretty decent house....life is good...
    I love your outlook. Sounds exactly like my life. Happy New Year Everyone.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

winter 2013-2014, it was a challenge
    here's hoping 2014-15 winter is not too bad

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think we should all follow Avon's plan to go outside on the 31st and burn our 2014 calendars!!!
    That'll teach it!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information