User Tag List

Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes with the PC MasterCard you can get redeem pts for gift cards. Not with the pc pts card

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Nothing much going on here today...just crocheting.

Have to do a 3 day food diary for the water intake study. I knew I`ve been snacking a lot in the last couple weeks but didn`t realize how much. Wasn`t happy when I weighed myself and saw I gained back the 15 pounds I lost last year. Think I should keep on tracking what I`m eating. It might keep me from eating all those cookies and chocolate.

Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen 99 percent cleaned. Just have dishes drying on counter. 1 bathroom cleaned. All laundry brought over to my moms and 1st wash on the go. Going up to tidy
    my room. (Stuff from Christmas dumped in there)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 02:54 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

avon your poor dh, has he noticed any improvement since he started the new meds & doses. Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration regardless, sometimes when are plans change they change for the better.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

crochetlady great news about your bil.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Making turkey soup today, the carcass is simmering and the beans are soaking. Laundry is done & now I am thinking of going to Winners. I recieved 200.00 in gift cards for Christmas & I am hoping to spend it on something for the house.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

enjoy your visit and dinner with your daugter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yes with the PC MasterCard you can get redeem pts for gift cards. Not with the pc pts card
    Okay I'm having a sort of brain freeze (fart) here if your pc mastercard is linked to your pc points card, are the points still on 2 separate cards?

So in essence there could be points on the mastercard and different points on the pc pts card, not points all in 1 place....

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    We'll see whether the trade deals with Europe change things (if they ever get off the ground). I'd prefer the dollar be at $0.90ish US - good for manufacturing and tourism & still low enough for consumers.

In terms of day to day living & food prices in general, I don't see costs going up significantly. I can still remember wanting raspberries on my b-day when I was quite young & my parents explaining that $6 for a tiny amount was not in our budget. Now, they routinely go on sale for less than $2 a box in the dead of winter. A few years back, there were a few stores that increased the price of bread by 20%, then within a few months, the price went back to normal (if I recall correctly, it was a bad year for grain crops). There are quite a few items in the grocery store that haven't increased their costs in years, so there might be a bit of a change, just in keeping with general rates of inflation. As for Sobeys, the one near me closed to make way for condos (the building was in need of major repair and they didn't want to put any money into it) - I miss their baked goods and deli section, but the prices were still quite high compared to NF or FreshCo (the NF moved in across the street and took away some business, same as they did when they moved in across from Rabba).

As for Target and Sony closing, both had flawed business models. Sony was always too expensive for what they offered, especially in an age when most shopping for electronics is done online. Target came in without due diligence, at least in my Mom's neighbourhood (in one location, Target was to take over an old Zellers and kept everyone on the hook until they scrapped the idea, when Walmart came along, gave the old Zellers employees jobs & set up shop, the other location just never opened). I realize they were under time constraints to set up shop, but opening up too many stores at once is a recipe for disaster.

jmho, for what it's worth.
    great points
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Andit that's pretty crappy of the guys ex-girlfriend...geez some people have no morals

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Okay I'm having a sort of brain freeze (fart) here if your pc mastercard is linked to your pc points card, are the points still on 2 separate cards?

So in essence there could be points on the mastercard and different points on the pc pts card, not points all in 1 place....
    I never had a physical card, I signed up online and linked my virtual card to my PC MC. Some people do have two accounts to get different offers, but that is more work than I need.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have 2 cards to get more offers. Simple to me lol. My PC mc can redeem pts for GC's That's all I know

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

To all those celebrating birthdays with family members and friends have a wonderful time and have a 2nd piece of cake for me (wink)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

got it ladies about the pc mc, lilo have fun shopping at winners and don't forget a loaf of fresh bread and a pound of butter to go with your yummy soup (drool)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

finally tackled the stand up freezer this am....geez....the iceburgs were worse than I thought and the good news with this major defrosting is that I was able to empty my small chest freezer (well it's not that small) and fill up the stand up and still have a little spot should some amazing meat sales turn up in the next few weeks.

my freezer looked a little like this (not my freezer) but ya get the point...

I think I will keep a better handle on this or the next time lilo does her I'll do mine

Good news is that now I only have the 1 freezer plugged in so should be a little less hydro being used

Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information