User Tag List

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1061
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner is almost done. Nice pasta dinner. With chicken. Sauce made from stuff in fridge needing to be used up. Tomatoes. Onion. Mushrooms. Celery. Garlic of course. Smells so good. My guy rocks the kitchen
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Finally all caught up.
    Happy Birthday To everyone that celebrated this past week. You were all so busy while I did not have to do a thing. I was away from home for a 4 day offsite meeting (loosely translates to locked in a hotel with my coworkers), so it was super frugal as I never left the hotel Even DH resisted the temptation to go out for dinner with the boys, he had planned the meals ahead to make life less crazy. So today was a day of catching up. I am just working on the February budget and realized I had forgotten to budget for new licences plates. Both vehicles are in my name so that is an added expense for April. But I get my yearly bonus in April so I will just take from that. I also had to reconcile all of the accounts for January and realized we still don’t have the groceries as low as I would like. I think that is the reality of feeding two boys. But the gas expense is really low so I am going to decrease that amount to add some to groceries. I have never had kids that were huge milk drinkers and now as they grow I am buying 2 bags a week. Thankfully I drive by Costco on my way home so I buy it there as they sell the brand I prefer.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh left at 7:20am to Regina for a day of training. I have spent the day putting LO on the potty 3 times each hour that he has been awake, setting my cell phone timer. He still hasn't "gone" on the potty yet today. He'll be 29months soon. I read the average age of potty trained children is 28months. It's a little frustrating, especially when he went poop 2 min after leaving the bathroom. I haven't found a particular bribe that works well for our son, although he has been mostly cooperative about walking down to the bathroom when I tell him it is potty time.

My tummy continues to be upset most of the day, it's frustrating. I have butter softened on the counter to make cookies, but I still haven't used it. The combination of an upset stomach and my low energy level really sucks.

I saw the doctor yesterday and he gave me a copy of my blood work results from Christmas time. My antibodies are more than adequate to handle being exposed to the measles, if any confirmed cases do come in my community.

I received a phone call to teach on Feb 13, the day before our winter break. I told the teacher that I was booked for that date in December and already had two other requests for that day earlier this week. I told her that no one came to mind for me to recommend her calling. She might have a hard time finding a sub for that day and wished her luck.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jan 31st, 2015 at 11:16 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Oh awesome.what is a crochet piercing hook?
    It#s a sharp point crochet hook used for crocheting onto fabric. Can#t wait to get it.

My keyboard is wonky again lol
    saundyl, Andit, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-I assume the average age includes girls who in my experience are usually easier to train. Many boys are not trained until 3-perhaps he is still not quite ready. I will PM you an article I used to give to parents in case it is any help to you-having spent most of my life working with toddlers I personally feel they are ready when they are ready and it is very hard to rush them. No harm in trying gently but if you are getting frustrated and he is not able to go yet take a break and try again later.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

why did you not a stop me from going to Mary Maxim.
    yeeshkers... and then Lens mil stores.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

If you haven't already could you please vote tonight, the voting is supposed to close tomorrow afternoon but if it's okay with everyone I would like to start the new thread tomorrow am.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399101-...voting-canada/
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Angela-I assume the average age includes girls who in my experience are usually easier to train. Many boys are not trained until 3-perhaps he is still not quite ready. I will PM you an article I used to give to parents in case it is any help to you-having spent most of my life working with toddlers I personally feel they are ready when they are ready and it is very hard to rush them. No harm in trying gently but if you are getting frustrated and he is not able to go yet take a break and try again later.
    I totally agree with lizzie, my ds1 was not interested until he turned 3 because he was going to be going on the school bus , he started school at 3.5 years old.

His brother on the other hand was trained at 1.5 years old so.

And ds1 would go on the potty of course he wouldn't do anything and then he would wander into a corner and come back and say he peed or pooped so he knew when he had to do it but just wasn't ready.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    why did you not a stop me from going to Mary Maxim.
    yeeshkers... and then Lens mil stores.
    Do tell

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

saundyl glad it was a cheap fix and no plumber

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Lizzie great freebies.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    Goal # 2: save and plan for expenses so that we do not incur any more debt or "buy now pay later"

I have my budget all set for the next 3 months (on excel spreadsheet). Aside from the usual bills I have set up savings for the following categories:

2015 Taxes: save 15% of my daycare income every month

Vehicles: $550 per month for maintenance, licensing and to save for repairs needed on SUV

Cats: $60 per month for flea prevention medication and yearly vaccinations

Vacation: $100 per month (saving for summer camping trips)

Sports: $100 per month (gymnastics and swim lessions for kids, driving range membership for DH)

Everything extra will go into debt repayment. We don't have an emergency fund but I think its more important to get out of debt first. The plan is if an unexpected emergency happened we could always borrow from the above accounts first before incurring more debt.
    congrats on your financial resolutions, plans & goals - it sounds like you really put a lot of thought in the whole process and have your priorities set which is very hard to do some times BUT having a plan is key and I`m rooting for you
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Do tell
    well......Name:  mm 001.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  48.5 KBName:  mm 002.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  57.0 KB
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Oh yeah. That should keep you busy a few days. lol

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Ciel : Another lip balm person! I love lip balms. Someone told me I was addicted to the stuff in the past and now, post LO, I haven't touched them since. The funny thing is, she knows exactly what to do with them as she grabs the tubes and puts them on her lips (cap on, thank goodness)! Where did she learn that from?
    @saundyl : I can totally relate. DH has been insisting we take the new-to-us car for a check as he wasn't comfortable not kn@owing what had or hasn't been done to it. $700 later at the dealership, and a total fluid flush, he's happy. Nothing needs to be fixed. Phew.

Congratulations on the student loan!

Has anyone else had a higher than normal gas bill? I nearly lost my breath when I saw ours. It's the highest it's ever been! I'm thinking it might have to do with me opening the front door to get LO's massive stroller inside each evening.
    @lizzie bargain : I've been thinking about that card and trading in my PC MC for it. I have two others, so I won't be stuck when I cancel it.
    @Angela273 : Good luck with the potty training. LO has had issues ever since she went to daycare. At 13 months, she always pooped in the potty. About 20% of the time, she'd have a dry diaper. Now at her daycare, they say they do potty training, but they don't. I always get some excuse like there were upper years using the bathroom.
    @MrsSunshine : You are making me drool over all that yarn. I haven't knitted in years!

See everyone in the new thread!

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 LastLast

Thread Information