User Tag List

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2807Likes

Thread: The 2015 "Other Money" Brag Thread!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Hello fellow Scers! A new year, a new thread! 2014 was an amazing year of savings and with all the success of the new points and cash-back programs, 2015 will likely be among the best years yet!! Get ready to share your earnings so we can applaud your efforts and pick up a few tips ourselves!

If you're new to this thread, here's the 411: "other money" refers to the various rebates, survey sites, cash-back programs, loyalty programs, special "call-in coupons" etc that SCers can/and have used to earn extra $ towards lowering their out of pocket expenses. It's amazing how fast these sources can translate into significant earnings in any given month!

The next post below will include a list of some of the most popular ways we're earning cash, and I'll also include a link to the old 2014 thread for a reference of sources.

The best way to learn and earn: stay active on SC! Read up on all the deals and brags so you can stay in the loop on all the great ways to save. It does take work but the posts are proof that it pays well!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by $avvy$hopper; Tue, Jan 12th, 2016 at 11:32 AM. Reason: old thread for reference only!
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

For reference only:
    2013 Other Money Thread
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/342366-...let-canada-14/
    - post #208 shows a great example of tracking your other money earnings! Thanks wifey for the template; one can easily set this up in excel. I did mine last night!

2014 Other Money Thread
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/375537-...wallet-canada/
    posts 2-4 show a list of some programs that help you gain "other money. Some info has changed since last year and there may be others not yet listed; when I get a chance, I'll bring forward the most popular ones and invite others to add their favourites!

The Savings Ticker: this another great way to track your savings. Go to www.tickerfactory.com to choose your design, goal and password. Bookmark your ticker and update it as often as you wish! If you want to share your ticker with us on SC, copy the full "bb" code and paste it in your signature. Every time you update your ticker, it'll automatically show the updated totals wherever else your ticker is posted!

Driscoll Berries-Earn coupons by completing surveys: sign up at http://www.driscolls.com/community/b...unity/register! Earn a 50cent coupon for signing up for the newsletter/reward program, then sign up for the community panel and earn additional coupons when you complete a certain number of surveys! Thanks to Tierra Lemieux for posting about this. Here's a link to that thread: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/397579-...a/#post6255018
    Last edited by $avvy$hopper; Wed, Jan 7th, 2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: driscoll berries website i posted gave an error, this longer one works fine.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Thank you so much I look forward to saving the equivalent of my other money by now and the years end.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

$90.00 snapsaves cheque is on its way!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    $90.00 snapsaves cheque is on its way!
    I have a few coming 25.50 21.50 and 20.25 I couldnt hold out. If I can start saving with these for this year im off to a great start.
    Anyone doing the 52 week challellnge.
    $52 this week
    $51 next
    Or reversed
    $1 this week
    $2 next
    I think I ll give it a go starting with $52
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

wow! Great starts indeed! I haven't signed up for Snapsaves yet...I'm still so new to Checkout51, submitted my second receipt today but getting better at pairing those offers with sales, coupons and the like. Looking forward to having some totals like yours sometime this year.

A friend posted that 52 week challenge on Facebook; nice chunk of change if you keep it up! Let us know how it goes, I may jump on it too once the bill payments are done!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i love the 52 week challenge. last year was the first year i heard about it and i did it for more than half a year and then i gave up.

for this year i have another plan to complete my 52 week challenge. instead of following from week1-week52 or from week52-week1, i am going to see how much i can save in that particular week, and put a cross on that line. for example, if i can save $49.00 in this week then i can put a cross on week#49 because i am saving this money this week. similarly if, in any given week, i can save $60.00 then i can put a cross on 2 weeks totalling $60.00.

i hope i am making some sense, and i hope that i can follow my own plan. lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    i love the 52 week challenge. last year was the first year i heard about it and i did it for more than half a year and then i gave up.

for this year i have another plan to complete my 52 week challenge. instead of following from week1-week52 or from week52-week1, i am going to see how much i can save in that particular week, and put a cross on that line. for example, if i can save $49.00 in this week then i can put a cross on week#49 because i am saving this money this week. similarly if, in any given week, i can save $60.00 then i can put a cross on 2 weeks totalling $60.00.

i hope i am making some sense, and i hope that i can follow my own plan. lol
    That's a great idea...I might also try....
    ROMEO, Angela273, ticul and 3 others like this.
    RRRLF $$ Astro Original Coupons gud on 750gm tubs or balkan style..

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Love that idea
    ROMEO, ticul and toronto166 like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    50 (98%)

I am doing the 52 week challenge, starting with $1.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Waiting on my Checkout 51 checks that I cashed out to cover our holiday time-off. (4 kids = a tight budget). Cashed out mine & hubbys totalling $180. Thinking I should cash out all apps and start fresh for 2015, see how I do saving for next holiday break. Our work shuts down for at least 10 days over the holidays, so we always try to save enough vacation pay to cover those that aren't paid holidays. But this year still made it kinda tight. Had to cash out PCPlus for groceries too, had built up $160, now down to $25 left. Very grateful for all the App & Card savings. Love the idea for the 52-week challenge, crossing out your grocery savings to equal. Might try that one and piggy-bank it. Setting it up in savings never seems to go far for me, too easy to transfer funds. Wish me luck!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    I have a few coming 25.50 21.50 and 20.25 I couldnt hold out. If I can start saving with these for this year im off to a great start.
    Anyone doing the 52 week challellnge.
    $52 this week
    $51 next
    Or reversed
    $1 this week
    $2 next
    I think I ll give it a go starting with $52
    Anna Michele...my husband and I actually did the 52 week challenge for the first time ever in 2014. $1378 x 2=$2756.00!!! We bought a brand new fridge and bought all of our christmas gifts for the family with that money and we still had money left over!! So we treated ourselves to buying ourselves gift cards to our favourite stores to use up the remaining money. We are definitely doing it again this year. I especially loved the feeling of being able to buy all our Christmas gifts this past year without it hurting (know what I mean?) We didn't feel any pain. Everything paid with cash!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Love this thread!! Used $40 in PC plus points, Cashed in $95 amazon gift cards from SB, $10 Instagc and waiting on $70 cheque from CO51!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Over the holidays I redeemed $24(?) from CO51 and $23(?) from Snap. I am also going to redeem $30 in AM at Sobeys when I buy my 10% off groceries later today.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

So far my first bonus of dough will be a Snap cheque for $20.25 once it arrives! Been saving long and hard for it as this is my first cash out and had the app likely over 6 months lol!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information