User Tag List

Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Winter View Post
    Price Matching & Couponing are both no longer accepted at Target….It's already a lost battle so no sense losing more money just to maintain guest loyalty when you're already down and out…its a Walmart world now, we all just live in it sadly...
    Mine accepted coupons no issue today but no price-matching
    ROMEO and Anna Michele like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I'm not surprised that Target are now saying that Gift Certificates will no longer be accepted after Feb 1. That is why I said a couple of weeks ago it's best to use them up before they are officially liquidating stores.

When they file with the courts for creditor protection it prevents all creditors from chasing them for money. If you have money on a gift certificate, then Target owe you money or goods to that value and that make us another creditor that they are being protected from. So they can say they aren't accepting GCs and there is nothing that can be done (on the scale of the money owed, customers with outstanding gift certificates would be very low in the pecking order).
    ROMEO, Decaf and Anna Michele like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

My store didn't mention Feb 1, but some people on facebook said that their stores got closing dates in the next two weeks - I wonder if they are the ones saying no GCs

In general, GCs get a little more protection (like when Empire Theatres sold out to Landmark & Cineplex and they had to honour the GCs)
    ROMEO likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Mine accepted coupons no issue today but no price-matching
    i guess they are living by their own rules then haha…so "Most" Targets will not be accepting coupons or price matching…we got informed today on the change.
    ROMEO and annedougherty like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

funny i managed to pm and use coupons today at the square one location, and the erin mills location. I hope they dont take it away but if they do it will be easier for me to say goodbye to target

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

If you have GCs use them sooner rather than later. Mom used up the last of the balance yesterday.

Even though Target said they will accept them until the end,the shelves were pretty bare so she found it hard to find things to spend it on.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    They accepted no return receipts? I got a few hassles for returning WITH a receipt. Would have never tried to pull that
    I actually had a funny story about that. I brought in a return from the car, this large baby bathtub, my bag, and my bag of extra shopping bags (there's a grocery store next to my Target). It was crazy windy that day, the sort of day you hold your ears to make sure they're still on. While I was crossing the crosswalk, I hear a rattle of paper and turn to see my gift receipt speeding down the parking lot. There was no way I could run with all I was carrying, plus it was doubtful I'd catch up to it before it made it across the six lanes of traffic, plus two turning lanes and a patch of tree space in between.

I had to go to the returns desk with the crazy tale and she said it's fine, she can look up the transaction on my card. I said I had a gift receipt and she said I can do an exchange for something else. Oh, I'm really going to miss Target.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

2 targets have told me they aren't accepting coupons..
    Melissa Winter likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

It's likely the policy across the board...as with any policy change, some employees are a little late to the game, or probably no longer care at this point lol.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

lol im on the no care list for sure, i went to erin mills yesterday so many apple products missing form display (all gone from brampton) asked if for sale on discounted price as i know someone looking for an iphone manager said they cant sell them liquidators choose the price. i asked why so many were missing he said some employees turned off the sensor and had their friends come in and steal them. they cant figure out which employee though lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRaptors View Post
    lol im on the no care list for sure, i went to erin mills yesterday so many apple products missing form display (all gone from brampton) asked if for sale on discounted price as i know someone looking for an iphone manager said they cant sell them liquidators choose the price. i asked why so many were missing he said some employees turned off the sensor and had their friends come in and steal them. they cant figure out which employee though lol
    I was in Zellers , shopping ..the last week of their closure. They just had one hassled employee at the cash. The whole store was a mess, with fixtures lying everywhere.

A couple of guys ( customers ) were blatantly stealing clothes in & out. They were the rough kind , so I didn't bother doing anything , as I didn't want to take the risk. Plus I didn't think anyone in the store would care , If I reported it. No staff around or security around , just one lone cashier about to lose her job.

I think the 2 guys stealing also knew that , they were stealing it so obviously & in front of everyone..they were not even trying to hide or conceal it. From the looks of it they looked like professional organized criminal type shoplifters..wouldn't be surprised if they had a weapon on them . I don't think they would have hesitated to harm someone, if confronted.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    I was in Zellers , shopping ..the last week of their closure. They just had one hassled employee at the cash. The whole store was a mess, with fixtures lying everywhere.

A couple of guys ( customers ) were blatantly stealing clothes in & out. They were the rough kind , so I didn't bother doing anything , as I didn't want to take the risk. Plus I didn't think anyone in the store would care , If I reported it. No staff around or security around , just one lone cashier about to lose her job.

I think the 2 guys stealing also knew that , they were stealing it so obviously & in front of everyone..they were not even trying to hide or conceal it. From the looks of it they looked like professional organized criminal type shoplifters..wouldn't be surprised if they had a weapon on them . I don't think they would have hesitated to harm someone, if confronted.
    well i hope they stay out of target
    hijinx25 likes this.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

This is is a reply I received from Target regarding GCs...
    hope this helps reassure some people.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  84.1 KBd
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Honestly it's all at your own risk if you want to hang on to your gift cards. Nothing they say would reassure me of anything.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The gift card thing is laid out in their agreement so the liquidator has to take them under the agreement, but your store could close tomorrow so stil a good idea to use them up
    ~ ~ ~

Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information