User Tag List

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

...moving along

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    An interviewer asked me yesterday where I would shop from now on and honestly I have no idea.

Our city doesn't have much competition. With Target leaving, it'll only be Wal-Mart. We don't even have an RCSS. I hate our WM, so I'm guessing I'll be breaking up my shopping to a few different stores.

I can understand that some people don't shop at Target but why be happy they are leaving? I don't get that frame of mind. If you don't like the store, don't shop there. Why are you happy people are losing jobs, or that WM is losing their biggest competitor?

I'm sad to see Target go (EXTREMELY sad), but at this point I think I'm more sad at some of the comments I've read (not necessarily on SC, but local news blogs, fb, etc).
    I agree totally! I'm sure there are at least a few who have good reason to genuinely dislike Target (regardless of how awesome the operation is, you can never please everyone), but the "overpriced" comment always gets me. I have never found this to be the case...maybe I'm looking at all the wrong (or right ) products!

Where to shop now and avoid Flawmart? I'm hoping that No Frills, Canadian Tire, and Old Navy will cover all the bases. (EDIT: I'm repeating myself LOL sorry!)

I wonder what will happen to all of those soon-to-be vacant spaces... It's a shame that so much time, money and resources were put into renovating them only to be used for a handful of months. Blah.
    Last edited by dizzyb; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:26 AM.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleB View Post
    I heard that too Romeo. Need to stock up on my vacuum bags.

Tough times in Canadian Retail.
    I went back yesterday to do pick up a pack of vacuum bags before the store becomes a wasteland. One lonely pack left for my sucker machine. And it was OPEN. I was tempted to take it anyway, but didn't want to risk damaged bags. *sigh*
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can assure you about the top level managers in the store not coming in for Monday.

The person I know who runs the Shoppers world location is deeply saddened and their family is going to struggle until he finds another job.

It's very unfortunate
    Valerey and FreeIsMyFavourite like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hello everyone i am new here and the main reason i sub is when i saw this forum have a Target deal chit chat!
    i love Target

i want to share a petition link i dont know if it will make a difference but we never know! since i have not posted much cant had the link but its on Change org ( save target canada '' Dear Mr. David Cornell'' )
    there is 2 i signed both.
    dizzyb, Decaf and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwilove2save View Post
    hello everyone i am new here and the main reason i sub is when i saw this forum have a Target deal chit chat!
    i love Target

i want to share a petition link i dont know if it will make a difference but we never know! since i have not posted much cant had the link but its on Change org ( save target canada '' Dear Mr. David Cornell'' )
    there is 2 i signed both.
    Welcome!
    Thanks for the petition information. Sadly, I don't think there's anything we can do to help Target, as the amount of money they have lost is almost unfathomable. Too many people were unconvinced that it was better than the big W. But you're right, you'll never know unless you try.
    Silk, Decaf and Anna Michele like this.
    Jesus saves!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyb View Post

I wonder what will happen to all of those soon-to-be vacant spaces... It's a shame that so much time, money and resources were put into renovating them only to be used for a handful of months. Blah.

this is one of my worries... what is going to fill these big vacant buildings, pretty much every target is attached to a mall, most these malls already have grocery stores so they won't be filled by that, the big box store isn't doing all that well at the moment(the whole retail sector isn't doing well)... both the former best buy locations in my area still sit empty 2yrs later.. we've had a handful of chain stores declare bankruptcy in the last year or just pull out of the bricks and mortar operations for only online (basically can't keep the stores open)and i hear online sales only amount to about 10% of all sales in canada... chapters books is not doing well (though this may be the sign of the times people reading less.. and digital readers becoming more popular) i know the huge one in my town is pulling out as soon as their lease is up...
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm a real mixed bag of emotions. I work at Target but did you know that not all people who work at a Target location are "Target employees"? (Wireless and Pharmacy and I suspect Starbucks as well but some of the Starbucks team members also work in the store )
    So many of our great regular customers are saying to me,"It's too bad the store is closing but at least you get 16 weeks pay. It's like turning a knife in my heart and it takes all I have not to start crying and keep it together.
    Yes I work at Target but I am not a Target team member. I do not get severance from Target nor EI since I do not have the full hours required in my region yet. I am looking for a new job ASAP which is very stressful.

It's very sad to have to leave a job I really love. I will miss my co-workers, my boss and the store team members that I have gotten to know very well. I will miss our regular customers who stop by just to say hi.

I'm trying to stay positive but it is harder and harder to get though a shift and answer the same questions over and over. I guess I need to look ahead, not back. Maybe something even greater is on the horizon, you never know.
    Silk, coupondiva, hcao and 14 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cambmom View Post
    I'm a real mixed bag of emotions. I work at Target but did you know that not all people who work at a Target location are "Target employees"? (Wireless and Pharmacy and I suspect Starbucks as well but some of the Starbucks team members also work in the store )
    So many of our great regular customers are saying to me,"It's too bad the store is closing but at least you get 16 weeks pay. It's like turning a knife in my heart and it takes all I have not to start crying and keep it together.
    Yes I work at Target but I am not a Target team member. I do not get severance from Target nor EI since I do not have the full hours required in my region yet. I am looking for a new job ASAP which is very stressful.

It's very sad to have to leave a job I really love. I will miss my co-workers, my boss and the store team members that I have gotten to know very well. I will miss our regular customers who stop by just to say hi.

I'm trying to stay positive but it is harder and harder to get though a shift and answer the same questions over and over. I guess I need to look ahead, not back. Maybe something even greater is on the horizon, you never know.
    O I am so sorry this is happening it really hits home when you hear these words.
    Good for you in staying positive and moving forward.
    cambmom, Silk, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cambmom View Post

That sucks, both the gov. (EI) and Target are screwing you then. They (gov.) were more than happy to take EI out of your paycheck , and now this, when it comes to paying you.

You might have to look into the Second Career programme if you are in ON , I believe they give you $ 28,000 to train for a new career & some living expenses. Mostly designed for laid off workers, who are trained for other in demand careers.
    cambmom, barbis9, Decaf and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    That's enough guys. I may be on mat leave, but I'm a price accuracy team leader at Target. Lecale your speculative posts are as much misinformation as flash67s, so everyone take it easy please and keep this friendly.
    So sorry you lost your employment Anne, hoping you will have something lined up by the time your maternity leave is up.
    barbis9 and Durham Couponer like this.

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    So sorry you lost your employment Anne, hoping you will have something lined up by the time your maternity leave is up.
    I will be fine Thank you for your kind words

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Copied from the SC Blog:

There were a lot of questions in the forums and in reply to our post on the news of Target closing its Canadians stores so we got some answers for you:

Store closings:
    First, do not expect sales right away. They expect the liquidation process to take 16-20 weeks in total with actual sales starting in 2-3 weeks (once they get a court approval for a liquidation firm). While they are in the process of cancelling orders made for Canadian stock, they have warehouses with items and agreements for orders in place so stores will be getting that stock in the coming weeks. Some stores will be closing sooner than others, once we get a list of store closings, we will share it!

Gift cards:
    Target Canada will continue to accept gift cards through the liquidation period.

Returns:
    Target stores will continue to accept returns of merchandise purchased at Target Canada stores, according to pre-existing policies. Once Target Canada begins the liquidation process, all previously purchased items as well as those purchased during the liquidation process will be final sale and will be marked as such.

Protection plans or warranties:
    Guests should call the company that issued the warranty for additional questions.

Red Cards:
    Will be honoured until the close of stores and you must pay all balances by the date listed on the final purchase.

Pharmacies and your information:
     Target Canada pharmacies are operated by franchised pharmacists. Target Canada is not responsible for the custody and control of patient files. Guests should contact their pharmacy franchisee for additional information. Note that pharmacy staff are often not Target staff and will not be getting the severance package mentioned before, a few forum members have said that this is the same for other staff in Target, such as wireless experts and Starbucks staff. Since the pharmacies are independently operated, they may close earlier than stores, so it is worth checking now to move your information to another pharmacy.

If you have any specific questions, you can contact Target's customer relations team at 1.800.440.0680 or [email protected] - note that they have not been answering any questions on social media, so contacting directly is the only way to get answers.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    People keep saying that Target in the US has better prices, but I've never found the prices at Target in the US to be low. I've often commented to my husband while on trips to the US "These things are the same price or more than they are in Canada!"
    Totally agree with this. When I went to Target in the U.S. I came out empty handed. Their prices were really out there compared to Canada. I liked the Targets in Canada better!
    Silk, barbis9 and Mulveyteach like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by flash67 View Post
    Just a small update that I received..

My girlfriend's coworker's husband owns one of the Targets in Brampton... Anyways, a day before the news broke out, he was set to open his own store in a different location.. When the news broke out he was completely blind sided about it all...
    Wow.. this doesn't seem right.. the media claims Target Canada lost over a billion dollars.. surely as the owner of a target, this person should've noticed the negative balance sheet for their own store? Don't see how it could be a complete blindside?? A billion dollars lost across Canada..
    barbis9 likes this.

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information