User Tag List

Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    How is that any different than any other store? Pricing changes at stores frequently(not talking about flyer sales, just regular prices). The past 4 times I've been to Walmart(in a 5 week period) to buy dh his freaking pickles the price has been different all 4 times and they were never in the flyer or on rollback.
    It's different because I had a spreadsheet of all the health and beauty I usually buy, plus things I had my eye on for home decor, and prices had been stable since October. The day after they announced they were closing, my store jacked the prices on nearly half the items on my list. E.g., antacids went from $8.79 to $11.99 so not small leaps in pricing, either. To me it seemed that they had rolled back pricing they had adjusted to attract customers all at once.
    ROMEO, GatineauGirl and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Funny I noticed that the very first day after filing and posted about it here, but Target employee Anne Doherty accused me of making things up. She works in pricing, you know.

Just goes to show you they are all a pack of criminals using every trick in the book to scam Canadian consumers.
    Worst conspiracy theory ever, but you go girl.
    anisa, Colsgirl, ROMEO and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I think what some people fail to see about the prices is that after Christmas, Target had the big clearance sale on toys, seasonal, and end of season stuff and customers were liking those deals. After the Liquidation company took over, they brought those prices back up to the original price but some of the clearance stickers were left on the product..... as for the regular price stickers on shelves... every store goes through price adjustments and if you are lucky to find a deal, score! Those prices eventually do go back up....seen this happen at Walmart, Zehrs, RCSS and so on. The complaining about price hikes come from angry customers are are disappointed with the discounts given out so far in this liquidation process. This is just my opinion.
    anisa, ROMEO, Patty Smyth and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    My store has no scanners and hardly any staff members working so really hard to find unexpected deals. Plus hoards of pj people hanging around out front with suitcases? Bizarre!
    LOL! What!!? I so wish you had a picture of that! haha
    SillyLoocie and ROMEO like this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Another hiccup. The story keeps getting weirder and weirder.

"Due to issues raised by some of Target's landlords, we must temporarily cease selling FF&E [furniture, fixtures and equipment] until further notice,"a March 9 company email informed various Target staff.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/ta...tion-1.2989139
    I saw this in Kamloops this weekend and was curious. Thanks for the link.
    SillyLoocie likes this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meeeks85 View Post
    I do not see jacked up prices either...i actually never have from day 1 Target came to Canada.. And the fb post about the aveeno $5.99 and $7.99... The $5.99 is a sale/flyer price. I remember because everywhere had aveeno for $5.99. I think there are more pricing errors ($4.99 m&m for $0.49) than purposely jacking up prices..

But hey, if that keeps shoppers out of Target, thats fine by me... More deals for me!
    Completely agree! .83 Sponge Bob chocolate that was later corrected and sold for $10.49....and so many more examples. And I got just as many mind blowing deals between Nov and Jan as I have since liquidation. I actually went on a mad shopping binge right after the announcement because I worried that things would change and prices would be jacked/readjusted...but if you frequent the Target Clearance thread you know....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Winter View Post
    We had that last week, someone decided to take our display flat irons & curling wands/irons…….which is pointless since we cut those cords before hooking them up as displays, i have no idea why they would steal something that has no way of working ever again, but ooookay?

but yeah, oddly enough now that we are liquidating everything and its all semi "cheaper" we have about an 50% higher theft rate happening…so dumb.
    Sorry to hear about these individuals. On the contrary, it is quite easy to splice, soulder and repair a power cord. Just need a few things from home depot.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Smart shoppers know what is a good price and what's not. There will always be people who see XX% off and think it's a deal.

I'm sure that prices varied before and after the announcement but is there PROOF of price fixing? Their examples didn't really prove anything to me. There could be a lot of explanations. Not saying it didn't happen, just questioning... Also if everything is in the liquidators hands, why aren't they getting blamed?
    You could see that in most stores, one of my local SDMs is terrible for putting new price tags over the sale ones instead of taking down old ones. Just because it is an old flyer/store sale price doesn't mean that it was ever the reg price
    That being said, most stores when they liquidate use the higher manu retail price for discounts, Zellers did it too. It is something liquidators often do
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Funny I noticed that the very first day after filing and posted about it here, but Target employee Anne Doherty accused me of making things up. She works in pricing, you know.

Just goes to show you they are all a pack of criminals using every trick in the book to scam Canadian consumers.
    funny how we had price changes (like EVERY company has) for the past 2 years but you are just now noticing them now? oookay.….just goes to show you how desperate people are to find something they think is wrong with Target.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by solace76 View Post
    I have recently shopped both the US and Canadian targets in the same day. Guess what? The prices for most things (home decor, clothing etc) is exactly the same price for the same item. A number of times I purchased the same item in Canada and the US because I needed multiples and yes the Canada stores were short on stock. Guess what? I paid $49.99 CDN and $49.99 USD for the same lamp. I paid $19.99 CDN and $19.99 USD for maternity tanks. I wish I still had the receipts. But yet people will still tell me the prices in Canada were higher.

I shopped Target Canada a couple of times a week leading up to and after the liquidation. Other than the sales being gone, I did not see these price increases. Yet people will still say the prices are higher.

I'm sure these people didn't shop there before the liquidation, if they don't want to shop there now, oh well. Thanks for leaving the real deals for me!!!
    I picked up an oven thermometer at a US Target last November when I suddenly decided I should get one after being told my oven temperature was off. I assumed it would be cheaper in the US. Well, the exact same one was cheaper at my Target Canada store. Plus it went on sale around the holidays. On top of that I had a 10% coupon I could have used. Plus another 5% savings if I used my Target credit card

Silk
    Have a great life!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I got this from the CTV website:

Closing on March 18:
    • Edmonton (Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre)
    • Stratford, Ont.
    • Longueuil, Que.

Closing on March 22:

• Chilliwack, B.C.
    • Cranbrook, B.C.
    • Calgary (5115 17th Ave. SE)
    • Medicine Hat, Alta.
    • Winnipeg (35 Lakewood Blvd.)
    • Chatham-Kent, Ont.
    • Kitchener, Ont.
    • Fergus, Ont.
    • Burlington, Ont. (2000 Appleby Line)
    • Niagara Falls, Ont.
    • Oshawa, Ont.
    • Smiths Falls, Ont.
    • Saint-Georges, Que.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maplegirl View Post
    I got this from the CTV website:

Closing on March 18:
    • Edmonton (Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre)
    • Stratford, Ont.
    • Longueuil, Que.

Closing on March 22:

• Chilliwack, B.C.
    • Cranbrook, B.C.
    • Calgary (5115 17th Ave. SE)
    • Medicine Hat, Alta.
    • Winnipeg (35 Lakewood Blvd.)
    • Chatham-Kent, Ont.
    • Kitchener, Ont.
    • Fergus, Ont.
    • Burlington, Ont. (2000 Appleby Line)
    • Niagara Falls, Ont.
    • Oshawa, Ont.
    • Smiths Falls, Ont.
    • Saint-Georges, Que.
    Phew I don't see Hamilton on the list
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was in the Niagara Falls store for the last time today. Stock is moved near the front of the store for the most part, but no further discount yet. So sad to see it go

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Just reading about the stores closing soon and the comments are so stupid. Most people who comment never set foot in a target, morons.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2015...xt-9-days.html
    anisa, SillyLoocie, ROMEO and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it's not on the list but i don't see the sudbury store lasting much longer. my mom went last weekend and she said that everything was moved to the front and there was so little that she checked out everything they had in 5 minutes.

Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast

Thread Information