User Tag List

Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my coupons were accepted today, guess it depends on the store. stock is being moved away from the walls and they are filling in empty fashion areas with housewares. seem to be new Beaver Canoe spring houseware items. I had a return today too and no problem returning it. staff member mentioned they expect liquidators next week.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRaptors View Post
    lol im on the no care list for sure, i went to erin mills yesterday so many apple products missing form display (all gone from brampton) asked if for sale on discounted price as i know someone looking for an iphone manager said they cant sell them liquidators choose the price. i asked why so many were missing he said some employees turned off the sensor and had their friends come in and steal them. they cant figure out which employee though lol
    i don't care if your just losing your job... to me that is just not ok.. and if they figure out who (i'm sure if they look at the vid they might figure it out) is fired on the spot and is reported
    hijinx25 and Durham Couponer like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

The liquidators dropped orders for the remainder items in the distribution centers on Friday there is over 600,000 items in our location mostly full cases
    The area I work is called Breakpack (we pack small quantities of items) where we have 20 modulators (10 on each side)
    Saturday was the last day that 2 of them were shipping items from and we had to completely close them down, usually when a box is full we remove it and open a label for that store on a new box. It felt strange closing it too.
    Most of the order pickers were picking full cases, only 2 pickers were picking the remainder items for our area. On Saturday when we left our area had about 20,000 items that still needed to be packed away and put on the conveyor belts.
    When we go in on Friday for the start of our shift we have no idea what we will be doing or how much longer we have to work.
    Now that it's getting closer to seeing our area closed it's hitting us all bad
    I'm having such a harder time sleeping and get teary eyed at times.
    Last edited by cmontario; Mon, Jan 26th, 2015 at 06:12 PM.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Considering how closely Apple monitors their products and dictates their prices, I think its most likely that all Apple products were shipped back to the supplier. I highly doubt Apple would allow Target (or the liquidating company) to sell their products below their regulated prices. JMHO.

All the Apple products were gone from my Target last time I was in. I didn't ask why but I will next time I'm in, out of curiosity.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

So sorry cmontario! That's awful! Sending you hugs and good vibes your way.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    So sorry cmontario! That's awful! Sending you hugs and good vibes your way.
    Thank you I hope all that are loosing their jobs have luck finding something asap
    Last edited by cmontario; Mon, Jan 26th, 2015 at 06:18 PM.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Considering how closely Apple monitors their products and dictates their prices, I think its most likely that all Apple products were shipped back to the supplier. I highly doubt Apple would allow Target (or the liquidating company) to sell their products below their regulated prices. JMHO.

All the Apple products were gone from my Target last time I was in. I didn't ask why but I will next time I'm in, out of curiosity.

thats my thought too.. things like apple would just recall back left over product from stores
    torontogal12 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    thats my thought too.. things like apple would just recall back left over product from stores
    Depends on their agreement with Apple. If they bought the product outright its harder to get it back. I have occasionally seen clearance/liquidation deals on them.
    I imagine they do have a min price built into contract tho
    toronto166 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cmontario View Post
    The liquidators dropped orders for the remainder items in the distribution centers on Friday there is over 600,000 items in our location mostly full cases
    The area I work is called Breakpack (we pack small quantities of items) where we have 20 modulators (10 on each side)
    Saturday was the last day that 2 of them were shipping items from and we had to completely close them down, usually when a box is full we remove it and open a label for that store on a new box. It felt strange closing it too.
    Most of the order pickers were picking full cases, only 2 pickers were picking the remainder items for our area. On Saturday when we left our area had about 20,000 items that still needed to be packed away and put on the conveyor belts.
    When we go in on Friday for the start of our shift we have no idea what we will be doing or how much longer we have to work.
    Now that it's getting closer to seeing our area closed it's hitting us all bad
    I'm having such a harder time sleeping and get teary eyed at times.
    Do you know what I don't get? They have all this merchandise now but their shelves were empty for two years. Just when they are figuring stuff out they think it's time to bail?

So sorry for you and hugs for your job search
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

cmontario, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I hope you find something even better very soon.

torontogal12, I was just thinking that the other day. I don't get why Target didn't make it here except for the quick openings which might have caused their inventory issues. Or maybe just inventory issues?

Target was really nicely built for customers. They had wipes for your cart, drink holders, carts that ran soooo smoothly, no annoying coins to use one, nice bathrooms, buttons for help located throughout the store, price scanners that were functioning, customer service that wanted to help, employees that would check the shelf for you if you called in, and I've never been given a dirty look at checkout for having a few coupons.

At the location I visited yesterday, they had a covered area across from the bus stop if you wanted to wait for a bus in case the loading area was too sunny. They had a crosswalk built right beside the bus terminal, and then another across the parking lot to get into the store. They had bike racks, seating areas, skinny poles to put out your cigarette, and trash bins.

With all I've heard about people expecting the stores to be like Target US, I don't get what the difference is unless it's stock they carry. The US allows price matching with Target coupons with manufacturer coupons. So did Target Canada. The US had crazy clearance deals. So did Target Canada by the number of SCers that got great deals (as long as you were in the right place at the right time). The US had rotating markdowns. So did Target Canada. The US supposedly has low prices. All the things I looked for in Canada, I checked on the US website and they're priced exactly the same. The only difference is that ours is in Canadian dollars and theirs is in US dollars. I don't see the fees for transport worked in.

Am I missing something? Just what did the US have that we didn't have? I've been to Target in the US a few times and I still don't see the difference, except for the stock issues. They were fully stocked and a lot busier.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    cmontario, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I hope you find something even better very soon.

torontogal12, I was just thinking that the other day. I don't get why Target didn't make it here except for the quick openings which might have caused their inventory issues. Or maybe just inventory issues?

Target was really nicely built for customers. They had wipes for your cart, drink holders, carts that ran soooo smoothly, no annoying coins to use one, nice bathrooms, buttons for help located throughout the store, price scanners that were functioning, customer service that wanted to help, employees that would check the shelf for you if you called in, and I've never been given a dirty look at checkout for having a few coupons.

At the location I visited yesterday, they had a covered area across from the bus stop if you wanted to wait for a bus in case the loading area was too sunny. They had a crosswalk built right beside the bus terminal, and then another across the parking lot to get into the store. They had bike racks, seating areas, skinny poles to put out your cigarette, and trash bins.

With all I've heard about people expecting the stores to be like Target US, I don't get what the difference is unless it's stock they carry. The US allows price matching with Target coupons with manufacturer coupons. So did Target Canada. The US had crazy clearance deals. So did Target Canada by the number of SCers that got great deals (as long as you were in the right place at the right time). The US had rotating markdowns. So did Target Canada. The US supposedly has low prices. All the things I looked for in Canada, I checked on the US website and they're priced exactly the same. The only difference is that ours is in Canadian dollars and theirs is in US dollars. I don't see the fees for transport worked in.

Am I missing something? Just what did the US have that we didn't have? I've been to Target in the US a few times and I still don't see the difference, except for the stock issues. They were fully stocked and a lot busier.
    100% Agreed. As someone who knew the prices well...no difference on Target.com.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ I agree with all the points about what a great shopping experience Target offered. Apparently it's true that most Canadians are apathetic about being offered choices, and only vote with their dollars when it's too late. I've seen lots of people buying items at FULL PRICE and bragging about their great deals - when those same items at the same prices were "too expensive" two weeks ago. The whole thing is so depressing and unnecessary.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Personally, I didn't hear people complaining about high prices. I think it was sort of used as an excuse (Well, we can't price the same as the States, so let's blame our problems on that). I think they had far worse problems than pricing when it came to stock, systems and staffing. Just my two cents.

Unfortunately for Target lovers, it's a business decision and they were losing money so I don't see a petition changing anything.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mollyh View Post
    Personally, I didn't hear people complaining about high prices. I think it was sort of used as an excuse (Well, we can't price the same as the States, so let's blame our problems on that). I think they had far worse problems than pricing when it came to stock, systems and staffing. Just my two cents.

Unfortunately for Target lovers, it's a business decision and they were losing money so I don't see a petition changing anything.
    ? High prices is one of the biggest complaints.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    ? High prices is one of the biggest complaints.
    Just relaying my experience of complaints I've heard. Prices weren't one of them.
    kiwis-mom likes this.

Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information