User Tag List

Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree1009Likes

Thread: Over

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I love my fitbit! It really does help you intentionally walk more! Plus our work does contests which adds the incentive.
    avoncallingu and Venuila like this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Out of curiosity I looked up the minimum number of instructional days in BC and Ontario.

Ontario has 194 (and has had for the past few years and next year also)

BC has 180 for the 2014/2015 school year (couldn't find out past years numbers).

I wonder why there is such a difference? 14 instructional days is almost 3 more weeks of school!

Seems strange to me....

i donno i wonder if they count things like non instructional days (Pro-D days) towards the ontatio number but not the BC number... i know this year BC is skewed so maybe they adjusted the total this year to compensate for the strike that went on in September (it was nearly 3 weeks!) we usually start first week in september and end last week in June it could also be that Ontario adds in extra days because they know they will have "snow days" where school is closed or maybe the hours in the classroom differ
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

it could also be related to a agreement with the teachers during their strike.. and it could also be a financial issue.. the shorter the school year the less it costs to run a school (i know this was a big debate back in the summer during the strike.. the government was saving millions while the teachers were on strike)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Out of curiosity I looked up the minimum number of instructional days in BC and Ontario.

Ontario has 194 (and has had for the past few years and next year also)

BC has 180 for the 2014/2015 school year (couldn't find out past years numbers).

I wonder why there is such a difference? 14 instructional days is almost 3 more weeks of school!

Seems strange to me....
    The answer is simple: Mike Harris - remember him? He "jumped on" teachers and withdrew planning days and extended the school year. It would be interested to compare how children's competence between the two provinces compare - I bet that the BC group would be faring just as well - OH DON'T GET ME STARTED! (Ex teacher/Teachers' Union President/Principal) Whew - take deep breaths!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, of all the things I meant to get done today - I managed to accomplish 2! Well, I did contact a couple of people who have not yet gotten back to me so I guess that counts as 4.
    I DID manage to get an appointment to get my doggie checked out by the vet. He had a "sore butt" as the vet announced. Seems to be feeling better now, thank goodness!
    vw_girl likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    The answer is simple: Mike Harris - remember him? He "jumped on" teachers and withdrew planning days and extended the school year. It would be interested to compare how children's competence between the two provinces compare - I bet that the BC group would be faring just as well - OH DON'T GET ME STARTED! (Ex teacher/Teachers' Union President/Principal) Whew - take deep breaths!
    yup here it seems kids have 1 pro-D day a month! (and ofcourse nearly 1 stat holiday a month too..)

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Have a happy weekend.
    Last edited by bluerose; Sat, Mar 7th, 2015 at 09:00 AM.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

It's snowing again

Seems like it'll never end. Then of course in a few months I'll be complaining of the heat. lol

Never happy. Lol

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Got loads on the agenda today.

Washing all the bedding, cleaning out the van, installing another lock on the front door - kid proofing it since DS is now tall enough to open the stair gate and get to the main door (we've had a top lock of the patio doors so be can't get out for about a year). I swear people are going to think we're nuts. lol. But he's a boy who likes adventure. lol. Gotta keep him contained. hahahaha
    ROMEO, avoncallingu and SunandMoon like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Good Morning everyone Seems we'll be losing that extra hour again this weekend!

Name:  ds1.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  26.7 KB

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

The weekend is here Going to go see my friend and her baby tomorrow and go pick up the free 16x20 at Sears which came later than the rest of the photos.
    Join Gifthulk get amazon gcs

Get amazon and other gift cards at the New Superpoints by using my invite link (pm me for any help and don't forget to fill out your profile) Spin the wheel and earn points

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I hear birds chirping. Wonder how they stand the winter.
    Join Gifthulk get amazon gcs

Get amazon and other gift cards at the New Superpoints by using my invite link (pm me for any help and don't forget to fill out your profile) Spin the wheel and earn points

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I need to start looking for portrait deals. We always get the kids pics done between April and May.

Can't believe its almost that time already!
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

How I feel atm, followed by a hello.

Name:  139726 - animated artist-brisky derpy_hooves wave.gif
Views: 202
Size:  142.3 KB
    avoncallingu and vw_girl like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I need to start looking for portrait deals. We always get the kids pics done between April and May.

Can't believe its almost that time already!
    i always do walmart studio they seem to have the best overall general deal.. and i've been burned really bad by sears that i won't go back
    avoncallingu likes this.

Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information