User Tag List

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ coupon girl So sorry you`re dealing with dry mouth again. Some of my meds cause this too but not nearly as bad as yours.

I`ve had dry eyes (caused by arthritis and diabetes) for over 30 years and use eye drops. Lately they`ve been burning a lot. Told Dr. this morning and he gave me a scrip for Restasis but Trillium doesn`t cover it. At $140 a month I don`t think I`ll be going on it.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

heh guys, only have a few seconds on, first my computer died. then my tablet. so hard being offline.. wow i miss all of ya.
    busy week. finding out lots about me.
    i'm def. a gold/blue person with lots to learn still. anyone who knows about colors might get that.. if not no worries.

still need to get through the rest of the week. plus some, hope everyone is doing well.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady what wonderful news, so happy for you
    @coupon girl it's certainly understandable to be depressed given many factors, your never ending cold/flu, the issues with your dry mouth and sore gums, the weather and life issues. I hope things turn around shortly and going for a walk can help, hugs to you hun, 1 step at a time but being in pain is not only physically but mentally draining as well.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    @ coupon girl So sorry you`re dealing with dry mouth again. Some of my meds cause this too but not nearly as bad as yours.

I`ve had dry eyes (caused by arthritis and diabetes) for over 30 years and use eye drops. Lately they`ve been burning a lot. Told Dr. this morning and he gave me a scrip for Restasis but Trillium doesn`t cover it. At $140 a month I don`t think I`ll be going on it.
    I would call the pharmacy and ask if there is a generic brand of the Restasis and get them to check if it's covered and if so get them to send a request to your doctor explaining the switch from Restasis to generic, maybe leave a message at the doctor's office too, just a thought.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@MrsSunshine hope you are doing well and hope to see you again soon

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well folks I looked at the new flyers that start Thursday and boy are my lists scattered only a few things at each store so we'll see. I'm really hoping to primarily stock up on meats during the month of April but so many items are on my list that I have been putting off so going to increase my April grocery budget from $500 to $600 for the 4 of us, 2 dogs - includes everything from toiletries, people food, dog food+++.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Well folks I looked at the new flyers that start Thursday and boy are my lists scattered only a few things at each store so we'll see. I'm really hoping to primarily stock up on meats during the month of April but so many items are on my list that I have been putting off so going to increase my April grocery budget from $500 to $600 for the 4 of us, 2 dogs - includes everything from toiletries, people food, dog food+++.
    That is a courageous budget Nancy, maybe you could up to 600 for this month and do a 400 budget in July and August when you aren't packing lunches and have fresh produce from your garden to balance. Mine is 600 a month for 3 of us and two dogs, but my husband is a serial dieter and he his diet is very expensive...sigh.gotta love him but seriously just eat less, dieting is not a mystery.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post

That is so unfortunate it isn't covered, I am hoping there is an alternative for you.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

swam with the dolphins and turtles today and saw humpback whales and flying fish-so cool-nature.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

J&C: we are in the same boat with the grocery budget and with 2 boys I just can't get below 450.00 a month. The dog has his own budget line and I only put grocery into the grocery budget. Everything else has its own budget and since most other stuff always has good coupons I keep that to a small amount.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lizzie: Dh and I went to Maui a few years ago and we went in the summer so missed the whales, but I rally want to take the boys in the winter, our oldest is a marine nut and this would be nirvana for him.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just wanted to share - sure wish I could get to Medicine Hat to see this.
    He's our nephew, a year older than our son, who graduated from U of S as an engineer last year and is working in The Hat - that's where his family is.

He's the son of my husband's youngest brother. The family came from Croatia as refugees to Canada to escape the war there in the mid-'90s - when they came, none of them knew English, and all have done really well.

We know he's smart, funny, and has a good voice - but didn't know he had this talent!

Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Mar 25th, 2015 at 07:36 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yep morning -its -4 here with a chance of freezing rain early this morning -so excited to go see my dentist this morning

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Just wanted to share - sure wish I could get to Medicine Hat to see this.
    He's our nephew, a year older than our son, who graduated from U of S as an engineer last year and is working in The Hat - that's where his family is.

He's the son of my husband's youngest brother. The family came from Croatia as refugees to Canada to escape the war there in the mid-'90s - when they came, none of them knew English, and all have done really well.

We know he's smart, funny, and has a good voice - but didn't know he had this talent!

Natalka, he might make his living as an engineer but that smile on his face says he LOVES theater!! He is quite adorable!

babies teach us acceptance

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information