User Tag List

Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! I was too busy getting RID of gifts that I had bought over the years which were no longer needed (age inappropriate now) to go out and look for deals.

I like the idea of buying gift cards with points.

I will keep eyes open for girl-baby things (can't resist) that go on sale. The other kidlets are not kidlets any more. So gift cards are the answer.

Income changes this year as I start to collect OAP because my other teacher's pension goes down.

But, my drug costs will mostly be covered. Will be keeping an eagle eye on incoming vs. Outgoing even more so this year.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Wed, Feb 3rd, 2016 at 05:37 PM.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I purchased a Christmas gift for the teen today!!! He loves cologne so for his birthday I decided I was going to splurge and buy him the sampler pack at SDM. Went on Sunday to check them out and the cosmetic girl said she had one behind desk that was $40 (instead of $80) so I said sure! But she checked it and the price went up to $80. She told me to come back Monday and speak to other girl. So I did and they went back to $40 and she had 3. So I asked her to hold till today so I could at least get some points since I missed out on Sunday (18,500) and she did. So I bought all 3 today 1 for my man, 1 for teen for his birthday bag (will add cash and other stuff lol) and 1 for teen for Christmas ) Happy Mama!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

wow! You all are an inspiration. I did some Xmas clearance shopping and have even more decorations than before and still way too many. But I can't resist. So far no shopping fro gifts but I am keeping my eye out. Christmas tree finally came down last wee and have to find a safe home for my reindeer and take down my lights since I am already over our strata rules of Feb 1. That may happen after work tonight.

I am addicted to bidding wars and am an Admin on one with 40k members...So I am always sucked into bidding and buying stuff. The deals you can find for a fraction of retail are insane! Thats what makes it so addicting. So I will be staying out of stores and starting my Christmas shopping from home as things come up for auction.
    macw1960 likes this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    wow! You all are an inspiration. I did some Xmas clearance shopping and have even more decorations than before and still way too many. But I can't resist. So far no shopping fro gifts but I am keeping my eye out. Christmas tree finally came down last wee and have to find a safe home for my reindeer and take down my lights since I am already over our strata rules of Feb 1. That may happen after work tonight.

I am addicted to bidding wars and am an Admin on one with 40k members...So I am always sucked into bidding and buying stuff. The deals you can find for a fraction of retail are insane! Thats what makes it so addicting. So I will be staying out of stores and starting my Christmas shopping from home as things come up for auction.
    Oh my! Bidding Wars group! I would be in trouble if we had one here. We bid and won our first Storage locker bidding war last summer. It was so much fun going through it and even though we now know it was probably the worst type (Christmas/clothes/bedding) We did pretty well. We paid ourselves back from the cost of bid. Had fish and chips take out one night. Still have over $120.00 cash in an envelope waiting for another storage locker. And got tons of free stuff for us (2 sets of curtains, brand new King size sheets, brand new artificial Christmas tree (we usually get a real one but decided to save $25 and use the fake one) tons of Blu-ray movies and video games. It was a lot of work but fun too
    avoncallingu and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

It is fun! I have never bought a whole locker but had fun helping a friend sort one out and walked away with some free stuff I liked as well as some stuff to resell. Now I am always thrifting looking for things to flip. I sold off a lot of new in box toys before Christmas and had about $350 extra cash for the holiday season so I managed to get through it with out that typical hit to the bank account. It can be a lot of work those, since I buy AND sell. Some nights I have a couple pickups to make and then go home and have another 3 coming by to pick up. So it sometimes interferes with dinner and other stuff I might want to be doing. But the transactions are easy and quick for the most part.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It is lots of fun! I have my spare room set up as my "selling room" right now lol. Took a break for a bit but will get back at it soon.
    avoncallingu, macw1960 and vw_girl like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama great price on the cologne samplers do they have the coupon for the full size bottle as well like the ladies version has?
    avoncallingu and macw1960 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    It is lots of fun! I have my spare room set up as my "selling room" right now lol. Took a break for a bit but will get back at it soon.
    I am trying to organize something like that. But its just not coming together. I have a selling shelf ( a big wire one from Target) but it still ends up being a catch all. I need a week off to organize my house!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I am still finding deals!! Sears had Isotoner gloves with the touch screen finger tips on for 11.00, regular $44.00.I bought four for each of my girls stockings and a pair for my friend. I also picked up a beautiful Point Zero sweater coat for my husband for 30.00 regular 110.00.
    My best deal though was at Boat House again, all hats mitts and glove were marked at 50% but they were marking them down to 60% when I was there, I grabbed some fur Roxy mitts and a Roxy hat for my granddaughter and a few Vans and Obey beanies for the guys. She took 60% off the sale price so I paid around 4.00 each for them, I told her it was off regular price but she insisted she knew what she was doing. Oh well, I tried!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Googling to see if i have a boathouse in my area!! Great buys

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny excellent deals indeed
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

macw1960 and vw_girl like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

There's one in our mall. Maybe I should be cruising the mall one last time for clearance since tomorrow is payday.
    macw1960 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

at fortinos today
    (2) pairs of joe fresh bootie sock grips on bottom .94 cents reg 5.00
    (2) pkgs of 3 pairs of socks reg 6.00 on for 1.94 each
    for next xmas in with gifts and stocking stuffers

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I went to Giant Tiger today and asked if they had any Betty Crocker football popcorn machines @$10 (super bowl novelty) as there was none on the floor, the guy was nice enough to go to the back and bring 1 out for me. He said they only got 3 in...phew....

Ds1 is a popcorn lover, a football fan and player so he will love this from Santa .

Next time in GT I will be picking him up a plush blanket as well.
    coupon girl and macw1960 like this.

Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information