User Tag List

Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm so excited nothing new to report but super excited....60 days

Newfiescreech, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Christmas countdown clock which I have as a short cut on my laptop

http://www.xmasclock.com/

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

IS anyone hosting this year or what are your plans???

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I have hosted the last 4 years, however, MIL and I used to alternate years. I'm feeling a bit like a GRINCH for hosting this year because the inlaws arrive at the time specified ie will be eating at XXX time and normally eat and run and don't help with the clean ups, prep etc.

This year I would love the inlaws to host BUT I'm worried my folks won't have anywhere to go!!!! I'm holding off inviting people for supper as I'm hoping my parents get invited by my niece or 1 of my 2 brothers for Christmas supper. I

I will admit everyone loves coming over because the house is decorated to the NINES all doors have wreaths etc.

So torn, I will wait and see if my parents receive invites from anyone else.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Very remarkable to have all your shopping done.

What's your secret/startegies.

My tree is going up November 12th which is a Saturday this year so the tree will go up and be decorated and the guys can bring the bins back outside so they won't linger until the weekend because it is the weekend (haha)
    I can finally put our tree up early this year too since I am using the fake one again this year (was free for us from a locker buy). Saves me money instead of buying real on and we can put up earlier so win win!

I have been picking up stocking stuffers the past week. My usual stuff (kids fav choc bar mini 10pk, Pop Shoppe pop etc) Treats they have for while they are off on Christmas vacation/New Years.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Very remarkable to have all your shopping done.

What's your secret/startegies.

My tree is going up November 12th which is a Saturday this year so the tree will go up and be decorated and the guys can bring the bins back outside so they won't linger until the weekend because it is the weekend (haha)
    Mostly shopping throughout the year so it's pretty much done by November, also monthly dollarama/dollar tree visits for stocking stuffer ideas. I'm lucky that I don't buy for a ton of people and DD is pretty easy to shop for at this stage.

Our tree will go up on November 13th probably, gives me lots of time to wrap and clear out the gift shelves in the closet to get ready to restock next year

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Not sure of our plans yet.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I started finally thinking about gifts I should purchase for my family. I am waiting for Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.

I was thinking of getting my mother a mope pedi or a toaster. She's been looking for a good quality toaster for a while, so I may just go with that. Does anyone know of really good quality stainless steel toasters?
    I will probably purchase an electric shaver set for my father. One of my sister is moving into her first home next year, so will probably buy her something nice for her home. Although, I have no clue what to get her. And my other sister just asked for chokers because I work at an accessory store, which is fine with me because I get 50% off.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I am! Second year in a row but my bro & I swapped he wanted Thanksgiving. Will be feeding around 9 possibly a few more!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I'm hosting this year. So far it will just be 8 of us, but that may grow depending on what my extended family has planned. Our big supper will be on the 26th and my mom's husband has offered to bring Rouladen so that will make my job much easier.

I was able to convince my family that we should draw names, instead of doing no gifts at all. I picked Grandma's name so now I'm searching for gift ideas. Also thinking about getting a real tree this year since there will actually be people around to enjoy it. I think the last time I decorated a real tree, I was in elementary school.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashp View Post
    I started finally thinking about gifts I should purchase for my family. I am waiting for Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.

I was thinking of getting my mother a mope pedi or a toaster. She's been looking for a good quality toaster for a while, so I may just go with that. Does anyone know of really good quality stainless steel toasters?
    I will probably purchase an electric shaver set for my father. One of my sister is moving into her first home next year, so will probably buy her something nice for her home. Although, I have no clue what to get her. And my other sister just asked for chokers because I work at an accessory store, which is fine with me because I get 50% off.
    I have had the same 4 slice stainless steel Oster toaster for over 13 years and I love it.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@ashp -SMEG apparently does a chrome 4-slice toaster. Pricey:
    https://www.ecscoffee.com/kitchen-el...nufacturer=722

I personally would lean towards a toaster oven that could take on 4 slices of bread or a 12" pizza! More practical as sister/BIL could also bake/toast/broil food and treats. Oster is quite reliable in the toaster oven dept.-finding their pans to get a bit more tippy/same with rack in pan. Could be worthwhile exploring toaster oven size baking pans (Home Hardware).

No hosting plans. Just want to find a decent pair of gloves that fit with palm/finger grips (and a warm hat I can wear instead of the hood sometimes) and figure out food/drink/keeping warm options for the winter. I'm in the mood for some shopping sprees but there's the matter with what!
    The list so far:
    Flannel sheets for me-probably Sears Whole Home open stock in pastel tones (will check Homesense one more time then I give up on that other brand)
    Comforter set for parents' bed-bedding is in need of updating; pillows need replacing. I'd like another pillow as well (ObusForme)

A new flannel pyjama set in colour for me (have a light gray/white one that is a few years old)
    Hot chocolate mixes and some herbal teas; hemp seed energy bars (cannot find the ones I want)
    Want two of the patterned luggage cases in the Sears Wish Book
    Warm sweaters plus long-sleeve poly-cotton shirts (dry fast on hangers overnight after laundering) and a second pair of navy poly-rayon pants (they are hard to find with a pocket).
    Winter-weight skirts and cardigans/jackets for Mom plus microfiber tights (I could use a pair as well). Think it's time we visit Simons or Designer Shoe Warehouse soon.
    See if sibling can be convinced that Dad needs some Wayne Gretzky zip up wool sweaters and a new shirt or two plus
    look into twill pants with plaid lining. The denim jeans cannot be very warm when the house is cold but not enough to get the heat up again (like when the sun is beaming on the thermostat). Thus the popular use of blankets when someone is napping on the sofa.
    Maybe sibling would like to look into the cargo running pants from the Wish Book (the pants look like denim with cargo
    pockets at the side of knees) for himself.
    New tablecloths-one for daily use (large checks) and something special for Christmas in January (not dark though).
    Really want to get new dish towels from Kitchen Stuff Plus and an independent store or two. Half of current towels at home
    are ready to be replaced.
    Forgot there's a bath towel set with circular patterns in Wish Book-the pistachio or beige colour would be fine. #Texture
    Newfiescreech, macw1960 and ashp like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ooh, another want-the Harman Cucina apron with oven gloves! Six colours to choose from at KSP:
    http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada...o-30/single/12
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While I did not see the words catalogue only for items in the Wish Book, you may as well assume items are online only. I like that it is possible to see if a local Sears store has any stock from the website (enter your postal code) but I struck out on three things I looked for. Clothing and towel items are down to one colour already. Wow.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Less than 2 months away from Christmas. Looking out for all the online sales!
    Last edited by ashp; Sat, Oct 29th, 2016 at 12:35 AM.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information