User Tag List

Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I got a promotional code from Amazon spend $40 get $10 off, I already needed an ink cartridge but needed to get up the $40 mark so I found some specialty embroidery floss Mom has been eyeing for months which will go in her stocking. All was paid for by a gift card so no out of pocket.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

got ashlyn mellissa and doug coffee maker kids one real cute on sale the bay 19.99-saved 5.00 bucks from elsewhere and the baby got him pants 2 pairs from the bay reduced 12.00 but too small have to take back switch sizes

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Would advise if you need new flannel sheets, shop soon. Stock is very limited if you see something you like.
    If you still have a good flannel flat sheet but the fitted one is worn through, put the flat one on the mattress and use the other covers on top. Waste not want not. Or make your own flannel sleepwear!

Coats-expect to see certain sizes out of stock within a week. Wait too long on store shopping and you'll notice certain colours and sizes go and don't get restocked.

For those considering hosting friends and family, have thoughts gone towards an open house/light buffet plan? No sitdown at dinner drama and you can decide which hours are best for your household for seeing people.

Sears has some bedding items on sale until Nov.2 on its website. Discovered that shipping is $6.95 for an order unless one puts a min $99 before taxes order in to get free shipping to store. Yes, my desired flannel sheet (online only of course) is on sale but with all costs in, I'd be looking at almost $30 for the one sheet. I may be better off to choose the least busy patterned flannel sheet set at Bed & Bath warehouse (Hamilton-at Queenston & Nash) from its Target stock and get two sheets & two pillowcases for about $40. Decisions.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just ordered 2 gifts from Amazon. New hardcover Wimpy book and The Complete Season of Seinfeld on DVD!
    Ciel and sweetmomma like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Just ordered both my kids their dvd sets on amazon.ca for their stockings (The big bang theory season 9 & Gotham season 2), 2 gifts for MIL (I have $36 left to spend on her and then she's all done), I'm waiting for season 4 of Orange is the new black to come down in price. My dad's gifts are all done purchased back in the spring when Mark's had all the Columbia winter jackets marked down and a pack of socks). I have 1 gift purchased for BIL today $15 for True bloods season 5 on amazon.ca, Seasons 4 & 6 were also $15 yesterday but the price crept up overnights so I'll be patient and wait for the price to lower.

I asked the inlaws to chip in on a gift for dh but they didn't reply so I guess I'll see what time brings. It's just too much for me & the boys to purchase on our own.

I'm going to call FIL and ask him to do up his list for the weekend.

I really want to have all my gifts/shopping done by Mid to late November.
    Ciel, sweetmomma and coupon girl like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

CityParent or ForeverYoung has the Treemote wireless tree light remote control as one of their gift or product ideas in the November issue. I can see how it can be handy for various plug-in lights in the house.
    http://www.treemote.com

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got sidetracked from shopping ( well pretty much everything) while my dad was in hospital with pneumonia. After 12 days in hospital he passed away on the 17 th of October. Trying to get back on track with everything. I did get a few more gifts this week while in Toronto. Got nephew a nice Calvin Klein sweater, mom some grapefruit counter spray from Williams Sonoma, dh a winter hat from roots, mom a magnifying card for her stocking. Earlier in week I got mom a new housecoat from Costco. Still to buy new kobo ereader. Just waiting to see if there is a promotion where you get the case. And a box of Laura Secord Dixies(like turtles). My dad bought them for my mom every year for as long as I can remember. So I thought I should carry on the tradition. Might get her a Keurig coffee holder and some pucks or whatever they are called. Bought youngest niece some clothes from children's place. They have already shipped so should be here maybe Monday. Still to buy some toys and clothes for youngest nephew and something for my nieces who live in Atlanta and New York City. Need more for Dh plus lots of stocking stuff and lots to do re buying for Christmas family. Hmmm still lots to do. Not sure if hosting anything this year...time will tell.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

^^^
    That is so sweet to carry on the tradition of the chocolates for your mom, again i am so sorry to hear about your dad passing.

I ordered two pair of Kate Spade earrings for two of my daughters, even with the exchange they were an awesome deal and they will love them.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sifting through the flyers I recycled before reading them:

Michael's has a pre-lit tree sale that ends tomorrow on all 6ft and taller trees. No coupons or additional discounts can apply. 7ft pre-lit (210 clear lights, 397 tips) pencil tree is on sale for $69.99 (reg.$149.99) at the low end. High end is the 7.5ft pre-lit Jasper Cashmere Tree with Quick Set automated lighting( 500 clear lights, 1166 tips) is on sale for $399.99 (reg. $479.99).

The Toys R Us #Own Christmas guide-two coupons expire today(TOYS R US save $10 on any* one $49.99 & up regular priced product (*excludes Lego building sets, videogame hardware, Apple items, gift cards, prepaid cards, diapers, food, formula, Thyme, Pre-Orders and Buyer Protection plan. Cannot be combined with any other coupon, Toy Book or flyer offer. One coupon per family. Valid instore only; BABIES R US save $25 when you spend $100 or more on ANY* Babyproducts (same exclusions on diapers, food, formula, gift cards,prepaid cards, pre-order, special order and buyer protection plan--coupon valid in store at Babies R US stores, one coupon per family).

The other two instore coupons are for Toys R Us: 1) free* $15 Toys R Us gift cards with purchase of any Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack (valid Nov.4-17) (gift card redeemable on your next purchase, one gift card offer per family);
    2) Buy 2 get 1 free All Amiibo figures (valid Nov.4-17) (same restrictions).
    sweetmomma and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I have all my gifts but the big one (his) bought and in the closet. I am waiting for some Amazon gc's to roll in to finish, and boy, I have never been more excited to spend money. Great gifts, and it's all done. Almost.

I just need some fillers (chocolate marshmallow santas and the like, $1 lotto scratchies) to plump up the gifts, and some (more?) wrapping paper.

Lol I was out looking at wrapping paper in the dollar store and a neighbour came up and told me how much she likes getting stuff from me. He doesn't like her and wants her off the list, but she's done things for me so, hey, if something from me honestly makes you happy, I'm in, because so many people are so ... ungrateful. She's so simple to please too, any kind of deal...so I will be looking out for her. It is the greatest gift to know someone is going to be 100% merry whatever they get, damn it!

This year after it's all over I will definitely be looking for some high-end sale wrapping paper. Nice thick stuff. I got some great bows and ribbon from SDM 2 years ago at 90% off, I just forgot to take paper seriously, and I'm seeing it for $8.99/roll! I got some really gaudy red sparkle paper that will look great with the bows for this year though at Dollar Tree.

Pre-Christmas lights are up...blue and white in a TML (Leafs) configuration...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Noticed Dollarama has some nice thick Hallmark rolls of wrapping paper for $3.50.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Angela273, Ciel, lecale and 1 others like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Lowes really takes its holiday guide (get inspired holiday 2016) nationwide-all codes with item listings but no prices. Guess one has to go online to see what the decor, trees and exclusive Disney Countdown to Christmas Lightshow Projection unit cost in their area.

Sears continues to have a fashion coupon and home item coupon printed for weekend only use. Current flyer indicates 40% off 4 specific prelit trees, 30% off other Christmas trees (1 yr warranty on Christmas trees), pics & ribbons, and 40% off Christmas lights, wreaths, garlands, hangers, stockings and tree skirts.

Hudson's Bay-bonus senior's day on Tues. Nov. 8 to save 15% off (though the weekend sale is Super Savings Weekend that takes an extra 20% off almost anything in the store & at thebay.com with a Hudson's Bay MC or Hudson's Bay Credit Card).

Canadian Tire has a well-stocked Christmas lights, wrapping paper, ornaments and lights area in the store. Gift bags too! Was looking around for snow fence (computer indicated 2 rolls in stock but could not locate them in store and I tried almost every dept except toys) first in the garden/snow section. Christmas trees are on sale in the current flyer.
    sweetmomma and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ricki's has a web exclusive phone charging wallet. It's attractive! Could it be for the smartphone person in your home?
    http://www.rickis.com/charging-phone...=three&start=1

I found a pair of gloves online I mostly love at Laura-if I could, I'd take off the trim and sew it on the palms and forefingers for gripping pads. http://laura.ca/en/laura/accessories...=O%2FS#start=3

Eddie Bauer has Guide Gloves for men with goatskin palms and finger grips, if spending over $90 US is within your gift budget plans.

Where's the attractive and WARM clothing hiding online? Most apparel items are either strictly casual or seem to assume we all have tropical nights out(sleeveless or sheer). I'm going to have to stick to sewing clothing especially skirts for Mom. Cardigans are hard to find. Catherines.com (plus size store) has snap front cardigans in two styles. One is a blend but other one is cotton only (not warm enough for our winters).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Awesome day shopping! I am pooped and we are just getting dinner now. Will update tomorrow
    Ciel and sweetmomma like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

BIL suggested a meccano Micronoid for my almost 6 year old nephew. Said he would build it with him as 8 and up. Was in chapters just browsing and found one $54.99 but got 25% off so happy about that. Then bought one of the $80 throws for $35 for my mom to give to her Grand daughter as part of her gift.. Need to buy an our generation doll outfit or accessory for my youngest niece and she will be done and some reasonable shirt or something for nephew and he will be done. No brilliant ideas for DH.

Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread Information