User Tag List

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Bought three brand new kids books at a garage sale today for 25 cents each. Great little add ons for nieces!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I spent $5 on 9 strings of blue LED lights a few weeks ago.

Saturday we got 15 strings of LED lights, including 7 bright-color multicolor, 4 that flip from multicolor to just orange (can I get a heck yeah for having actual halloween lights now!?) and 4 really long strands of warm white, plus some other stuff for only $10!!

And yesterday I got like 15 rolls of that giant mesh ribbon stuff people wrap around their trees and make bows from for $4!!

AND to even top that off, my grandparents moved to an independent living facility so they gave us a few strings of plain red lights. Free ^__^

Our house is light brown siding with white trim so once I add lights it looks like a gingerbread house with candies all over it. I'm going to wrap the chimney in red and white lights so it looks like a candy cane.

I'm going to go through all of our Christmas lights and cull some of the old stuff I won't be using anymore and I'm going to give it away to needy families.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

213 days until Christmas...yippee....

macw1960 and thriftygranny like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny great deal on the wallets @Granger nice an adds for your nieces @Chantal sounds like you have the Christmas bug lol
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm slowly making lists when I hear people say "wouldn't that be nice, handy, etc" I write it down so I have a few ideas and I'm guessing people will have forgotten about that item by the time Christmas rolls in .

Now I just have to keep my ears open
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, May 25th, 2015 at 08:11 PM.
    macw1960 and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Good idea JnC. I have done that before too!

There were free books up for grab in the staff room today. Several were new. Added two more to my kids' gift collection for Christmas...this time for the nephews!

I will have to organize my list and prepurchased gifts over the summer so I do not over buy. Although I do not mind having some extra to donate...etc. Being off on mat leave will really help the Christmas budget. I spend more than I need on staff gifts. It was fine when I was on a small staff, but now that it is large...one secretary vs three...you get the idea. I like to be able to let people know they are special at that time of year.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I love it when Coles has $1, $2 etc tables out for sidewalk sale days. I'm going to load my niece up And I'm guessing that will be this weekend since they are setting up a mid-way in the parking lot! So hope to get a few books for the Christmas bin

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

210 days but heck who's counting (lol)
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I have to start making my list of who's receiving what for 2015, and sort through everything that's accumulated in my closet recently, it's getting difficult to navigate in there ^^;
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not doing much so far but did pick up 2 sets of double walled espresso shot glasses for dh's stocking for $.94'each jot tax on Saturday at superstore. Also picked up 1.6 kg box'of uncle bens quick cook,rice for Christmas family. It was $6 - $1 coupon and $3 co51 so $2 for large box of rice. Good deal I thought. Oh and a couple of scotch tapes for $.77.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Our local skateboard shop is going out of business.Sad, I have shopped there for 23 years and outfitted all my kids from there at one point. I bought my son some diamond brand shirts and Volcom jeans and belt for Christmas, and bought my granddaughter a beautiful Hurley hoodie all for 60% off. To top it off they had beautiful hoodies made to commemorate the store's reign, with the date they opened and the date they are closing,. I stopped to look at them on my way out and decided to buy two and she said "just take them please, you have been one of our best customers". Jackpot!! My daughter and son are going to love them.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Wed, Jun 3rd, 2015 at 09:48 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

199 days to go
    macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

On Thursday dh & I went to our local re-use it centre (where everything is free - people donate whatever they no longer need for others to take) anyways.....I got 4 different wreaths which I will put on each door on the main floor of the house. I also got various mini glass Christmas balls & 5 nutcracker ornaments (I love nutcrackers). I also got a bunch of Christmas cards approx. 20+ which is great because we were getting low. I keep collecting Christmas items while at the re-use it centre because each year I decorate more and more (lol) and well I can't complain about the price.

I also only need 7k and then I will have enough sdm points for 2 highest value redemption which will be used for Christmas primarily foods and such.

I currently also have $155 in pc points which will be used to purchased gc's or electronics for gifts.

On another note I have some items that we purchased and need to be returned I will get a credit on a gc as I don't have the receipts and I will also tuck those aside for Christmas gifts

And there is only 199 days until Christmas and I'm super excited this year

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

198 days

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    On Thursday dh & I went to our local re-use it centre (where everything is free - people donate whatever they no longer need for others to take) anyways.....I got 4 different wreaths which I will put on each door on the main floor of the house. I also got various mini glass Christmas balls & 5 nutcracker ornaments (I love nutcrackers). I also got a bunch of Christmas cards approx. 20+ which is great because we were getting low. I keep collecting Christmas items while at the re-use it centre because each year I decorate more and more (lol) and well I can't complain about the price.

I also only need 7k and then I will have enough sdm points for 2 highest value redemption which will be used for Christmas primarily foods and such.

I currently also have $155 in pc points which will be used to purchased gc's or electronics for gifts.

On another note I have some items that we purchased and need to be returned I will get a credit on a gc as I don't have the receipts and I will also tuck those aside for Christmas gifts

And there is only 199 days until Christmas and I'm super excited this year
    Love how you're thinking ahead jasperandchar. Looks like your on the ball. Way to go. Wish we had a re-use centre.

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information