User Tag List

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Still procrastinating here but I have lots of ideas.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Summer Solstice - so half a year until Christmas week. I have Christmas stuff laid out all across the basement - some to donate, some to sell, some to keep. I tried to "give away" a lot of excess pre-bought presents last year. What I'm finding is that buying way ahead means that the young people outgrow what I've bought. They are at the age where they want to buy there own things now.

So, I like the idea of saving points and keeping eyes open for entertainment kinds of gifts.

DH and I are going on a holiday to see his son at the end of October and then on a cruise at the end of November so Christmas decorating is going to have to happen sometime in early November or not until the second week of December. I know which one my dh will vote for - but I like having Christmas stuff up for a longer time.

So our gifts to one another are the trips - and a few stocking stuffers.

We're in a new house so I took pictures last Christmas so i would remember what I used where. It made it easier to part with things that I "think I might use someday." - They house isn't getting any bigger!

I'm hoping to have more time for crafts this year. I have 2 sisters-in-law, 1 sil's boyfriend, 2 brothers, 2 nephews (like grandkids), 3 step-children (adult), 3 step-grandkids (including 1 new baby) and various friends that I like to give a little something to. One bff who is by herself that I like to spoil a bit. And I like to make some donations to the women's shelter, and/or children's charities.

Just typing this out is making me think I'd better get more organized!

Thanks, J&C for running this thread!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Sounds like you are well organized avoncallingu. I bought a few little things so far (a few cheap video games for kids and razors). I try and work on stockings and the little things for the kids now because they are getting older its hard to know what the "it" thing is that is wanted near Christmas. So I put $100 away a month so I have the money ready for it But I can start for my niece now that her birthday is over. Will be fun buying for her

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You ladies amaze me. I haven't even thought about Xmas yet and lkely won't until late November!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I finally took the "Christmas" flannel sheets off the guest bed, washed them and put them away for a while! Everything in it's time! LOL!

We were under a Tornado and Hail warning this afternoon so working in the basement made sense!
    Lynn49, macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

185 days....
    macw1960 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Did my research on when The Flash 2014 tv series will be released, The Big Bang and Game of Thrones so I will pick them up once released or may pre-order and save some $ - time will tell.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Summer Solstice - so half a year until Christmas week. I have Christmas stuff laid out all across the basement - some to donate, some to sell, some to keep. I tried to "give away" a lot of excess pre-bought presents last year. What I'm finding is that buying way ahead means that the young people outgrow what I've bought. They are at the age where they want to buy there own things now.

So, I like the idea of saving points and keeping eyes open for entertainment kinds of gifts.

DH and I are going on a holiday to see his son at the end of October and then on a cruise at the end of November so Christmas decorating is going to have to happen sometime in early November or not until the second week of December. I know which one my dh will vote for - but I like having Christmas stuff up for a longer time.

So our gifts to one another are the trips - and a few stocking stuffers.

We're in a new house so I took pictures last Christmas so i would remember what I used where. It made it easier to part with things that I "think I might use someday." - They house isn't getting any bigger!

I'm hoping to have more time for crafts this year. I have 2 sisters-in-law, 1 sil's boyfriend, 2 brothers, 2 nephews (like grandkids), 3 step-children (adult), 3 step-grandkids (including 1 new baby) and various friends that I like to give a little something to. One bff who is by herself that I like to spoil a bit. And I like to make some donations to the women's shelter, and/or children's charities.

Just typing this out is making me think I'd better get more organized!

Thanks, J&C for running this thread!
    I'm with you decorate early but then again some of us have OCD "obsessive Christmas disorder"

You are so kind with all the gifts & donations you make to others - that's the spirit of Christmas & kindness
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Sounds like you are well organized avoncallingu. I bought a few little things so far (a few cheap video games for kids and razors). I try and work on stockings and the little things for the kids now because they are getting older its hard to know what the "it" thing is that is wanted near Christmas. So I put $100 away a month so I have the money ready for it But I can start for my niece now that her birthday is over. Will be fun buying for her
    I love the stocking and so do the kids but geez they are so costly to spend that's why I like picking up a few things here and there to soften the blow

Happy shopping for your niece it's always so easy when they are under 3
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My kids love candy and treats so I use my shoppers points to load them up with candy. SDM also often has decent clearance headphones and usually someone puts them though the wash so I like to put these in the stocking as well. I also buy magazines for the stockings, at least 80 of it comes from shoppers and with points.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We love the stocking too Nancy and I don't like to fill them with $store crap so yes they are expensive. So if I find awesome deals year long it doesn't feel like it cost tons. I am really going to try and pull a Rubbermaid bin and put the Christmas stuff in it now since birthdays are done for the year! And then really be on the hunt for cool things I ordered coins from the MINT so hope they arrive soon. Will save for stockings.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

You ladies inspired me! So did a couple Chapters gift cards I have. Went online to peruse and found some great deals. Edited my 2015 gift list. And...shopped for prezzies! All the kids in our families are young so it makes it easy right now. When the order arrives in the mail I will go through my gift bin, organize the gifts and fill in my list for those gifts completed. There are already a few things in there, but now Christmas prep is in full swing lol.

I also wanted to let you know there are some good deals at Indigo right now in toys. 50% and some more. I bought toy shovels for all the nieces and nephews to go with their books for $5. This is perfect for winter, keep them occupied when mom and dad have to shovel and have their own fun too! I also bought my girls (to share) and my niece (who has a Nov birthday) a Play Mobile advent calendar 50% off. I thought this was a great deal and my kids get enough chocolate!

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca...3atoys%3a16%3a

They have a police man one too!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to the $ store to get a card and found the cutest gift set. I will post pic this weekend It's for my niece (DS already owns the BlueRay )
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jul 9th, 2015 at 09:13 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

169 days
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lilo0003 I'm hoping to spend my SDM points as well on those electronic items such as good quality headphones, I'll need to check both local shoppers and see who has the best selection or the ones that ds wants. Also going to do the manly stockings for both boys with gift sets.
    macw1960 and lilo0003 like this.

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information