User Tag List

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Me too! Really need to start shopping for my niece and get it all done and wrapped up! I think I will go gung ho in September when kids are back at school. Will buy ITunes gc's when they are on sale for sure.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

picked up a few more small things for christmas. Went to Shoppers and got DH a selfie stick for his camera and a pop up garbage can for his vehicle for his stocking $9.97 and $1.99. Also got Christmas family we sponsor a can of veggies for $.37 and some candy 2 chocolate bars, bag of chocolate gummies and a bag of marshmallow cones for $.25 each. added to stash of all the free cereal and granola bars i have gotten on the last few fridays. Bought the odd thing for my parents stockings. Havent really gotten any big gifts lately. my 3 nieces will get gift cards. 2 of them live in the states..one starting school in New york City and one who is still in high school in Georgia so they get gift cards and christmas ornaments which went back with DSIL when they visited in the summer. Other niece lives here in London but is living on her own going to school so usually Shoppers gift cards work well for her. Have to start organizing soon and making lists.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

136 days until Christmas
    avoncallingu and macw1960 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Still have not done anything more since my last Christmas post.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Today I needed to get my Sportchek order over $50 to use Save $10 WUS $50 coupon. Found a 6 pk of maple leaf candy cane Christmas tree decorations for $1.99 (reg $14.99) DS doesn't really like the leafs so I may have to sell them lol

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sigh....our DD and I have 'agreed' to set a spending limit this year for adults (we always had a 2 gift limit for our Grandson)...I've gone over that already, so I said, "Starting NOW, right?"....she knew...so yes...starting now. She said Christmas isn't about getting gifts, it's about Family and being together and eating lots of great food....hmph. She's right of course, and we did add that it's about the little guy more than it is about us. Later, when he's a little older and doesn't believe in Santa anymore, we'll just blow outta town to somewhere else and enjoy a stress-free Christmas! What do we need, anyway?!! Nothing!

It'll be interesting what we can each dig up for that limit. We don't ever buy "stuff"...just major things; this will be a test of my spending limit abilities!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well yesterday I ordered a xbox1 remote for ds1 as he is getting an xbox1 for his birthday from my parents in November. The remote was posted on the blog page of sc for .96 + tx = $1.08 at the source, I will pick up when they call as I didn't want to pay shipping.

Also today popped into dollarama and picked up some ring pops for both boys stockings, I get these every year so it's expected.

I need to pop into SDM soon to pickup a teen pack for ds1's stocking as well.

My plan is to have the stockings all done by October 15th.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

118 days to go folks...it's creeping up quickly
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and macw1960 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bought a few more stocking stuffers recently. And 2 sdm gift cards for my niece for birthday and Christmas. Got them while we were still able to get points offers on gift cards. So she is done. Thinking about getting dh an amope foot thingy? People have been getting 12,000 point offers for them, except me of course, keep hoping one will come my way soon.
    For Christmas family I got a few pkgs of freezies for $.12 each. A felt lined plastic table cloth for $.54 and a tinfoil roasting pan for the turkey. It was on sale at RCSS for $1.14.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mall had a sidewalk sale finally and Coles had their tables out. Bought 3 books, one for each kid and niece. $2 each

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Sigh....our DD and I have 'agreed' to set a spending limit this year for adults (we always had a 2 gift limit for our Grandson)...I've gone over that already, so I said, "Starting NOW, right?"....she knew...so yes...starting now. She said Christmas isn't about getting gifts, it's about Family and being together and eating lots of great food....hmph. She's right of course, and we did add that it's about the little guy more than it is about us. Later, when he's a little older and doesn't believe in Santa anymore, we'll just blow outta town to somewhere else and enjoy a stress-free Christmas! What do we need, anyway?!! Nothing!

It'll be interesting what we can each dig up for that limit. We don't ever buy "stuff"...just major things; this will be a test of my spending limit abilities!!
    Can you claim multiple personalities or clone yourself? That's the only way I think you can handle it. Can you 're-negotiate? What about your joy for Christmas? You just LOVE finding "just the right thing".
    Angela273, Lynn49 and macw1960 like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I went shopping in a neat little at store in Idaho Falls and found a cute little box of "Tea and Treats" It's miniature gourmet recipes to go with various teas. My bff loves tea so I will put together a little gift basket for her with the box and some tea and maybe some honey. I will have to keep my eye open for the rest of the ingredients to be on sale.

Also got two very nice Christmas-in-the-mountains themed tea towels. Thought my sil might get them but I DO like them a lot! Hmmm...

It would probably be smart to Christmas shop for our family here in Denver and leave it rather than paying the shipping later on. We haven't done much shopping here, though.
    Lynn49 and macw1960 like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Can you claim multiple personalities or clone yourself? That's the only way I think you can handle it. Can you 're-negotiate? What about your joy for Christmas? You just LOVE finding "just the right thing".

{{sniff}}}...My Friend, you know me well enough feel my pain! Good thing I got an early start and those things aren't included in our deal. Hey! Why can't I sneak a couple more things into that "previously purchased" collection?! It'll be our little secret! Okaaaayyyy...maybe just one more little-ish thing!

Oh that shop does sound like one I'd go nuts in! Good for you for finding those goodies!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 02:18 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

109 days to go...yippee...
    avoncallingu, macw1960 and lecale like this.

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information