Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree4701Likes

Thread: April Showers of Savings the sequel - 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey all a little tired from watching "ashlyn" had her out twice yesterday -hey pushing on her little bike is good for me too as sing row row row your boat she is always saying row row and wants you to sing-ahh gotta love the little ones
    -jasper went to watch 19kids last night -and feel asleep at 8.30woke up at 1100ugg cause I was up at 430 yesterday
    today take it easy
    -got my incometax already -saving to pay hubbys with some left over
    -daughter emailed me from Ireland-having a great time food Is awesome ,day trips are great(they are staying in galway of course its raining-so glad they are having an awesome time

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

good day all.. on early today.. lots to do..
    had quite an evening.. crossing my fingers it turns into a positive outcome.

i was going to play an AF's joke on Fb, posted it then changed my mind.

dh informed me this morning that we need to watch our budget as our 'loans' of new items are coming up due in the new year.
    no pressure..
    met with my counsellor yesterday. my future is looking promising..
    now i just need some sunshine to boost my day.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have a great day everyone! Busy day at work for me so I better get at it. Thinking of all the stuff I want to get done at home but will have to see what happens by the time I get there after my meeting this evening. I did do a load of laundry last night and was bad and used the dryer but at least it is done so I will at least put all the laundry away this evening including the huge bin folded and ready to be put away too!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

Happy April Fools Day!!! Apparently, I'm the fool since I blathered on in the March thread, completely oblivious that I was in the wrong month. Sheesh! I suspect it will be a long day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    That makes me one too because I replied to your post lol

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ Andit Good to hear your friend is doing well.

I heard from the pharmacist yesterday. The methotrexate that Trillium covers is available again.

Must get back to work...I need to get a bunch of towels done for next week. Hope everyone has a good day.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lazy day here having worked the last 2-might pick up a couple of grocery items as expecting company tonight or tomorrow.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone Up super early this morning and just having another coffee. Have a load of Laundry going and morning routine nearly complete. Have a few trades to finish and then plan on going for a nice long walk. So nice that the snow has finally melted. Not sure about supper......love when I do a menu up but that starts off great then falls by the wayside. LOL. Oh well might put on a big pot of soup and make biscuits this afternoon. Well I'd better giddy -up .......Have a great day everyone
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by terry2144 View Post
    Monkeydoodle(fellow Londoner), congrats! Cdngal...30 was my big stressor..this year will be 50...not until December and I'm stressed about it already. Feel like I'd really like to work toward making some lifestyle changes. I am a smoker and feel like this is something I really need to eliminate. I also used to do a really physical job and in just 5 years I'm not nearly as limber or strong. Never felt the need to exercise much as my job was very physical...need to put some exercise in the daily routine. I love the spending diet idea. When I joined this site I had a moderate pantry and just the fridge freezer. I really need to work on using up some of the things I have. I actually accumulated alot in a short period of time. I always feel like I'll just never get such a good deal again. lol Think I'll try this idea.
    My husband turns 50 in two years and he is already depressed about it LOL!!! You sound like you are on course to make some positive changes. Wishing you every success.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydoodle View Post
    April is big for me. I am finishing university and looking for employment! Eeeeeeek. I am also going to continue my 'spending diet' by mainly spending on needs, and limiting the 'wants' that I buy. Also have to get taxes done and I am expecting a return.
    Congrats on graduating from university and best of luck on the job search .

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @cdngal75 I turned 40 in September and my friends and I joke and say 40's the new 20 and really if you think about it - it's kinda of true
    people are having their kids later in life (late 30's early 40's)
    People

But what bothered me the most and it's nothing to do with turning 40 is I lost 20 pounds this time last year and boy oh boy the wrinkles creeped it and I'm really quite self conscious of them, I know on my mother's side the ladies are very wrinkly but why me......
    Well, I am glad I had my kids at 23 and 27 instead of my 30's or 40's. I will still be "young" when they are adults, yay. I am finding that my (already)bad back is getting worse and it is harder to maintain my ideal weight. Small changes before would result in losing a few pounds if needed. Now....not so much. Sigh. Congrats on the weight loss.
    Andit, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Morning all,

Logan is off to an exciting day he is 1 of 20 were selected from grades 6 through 8 from his school to attend WE DAY

Dh has driven him in and he will also do a return at home depot as our spray foam kit was defective .

My plans for today include making another double batch of chili for the freezer, do budget with dh as he has been procrastinating which erks me because then he complains that we're working with #'s that don't match last month , yes dear that's because we're 3 days late doing our budget and a whole bunch of things have gone through.

I'm also going to help Logan this evening with moving items from his old room into his new room

It's supposed to rise above 0 today so I have laundry on the go and I will hang outside, I love the smell

I quickly looked at the flyers and nothing is catching my eye which is great for my budget

Well off to the races folks, I'll check in later, wishing you all a wonderful 1st Day of April
    My daughter attended We Day last year and enjoyed it. Hope your son has fun.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well i think my body had just had enough..
    i laid down for 'just' a bit.. 2 hours later....
    dinner is in the CP. spaghetti... lots of dessert in the fridge...
    now i just need to get my chores done...
    oh and whoever sent the sunshine earlier... thanks... loving it.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    My daughter attended We Day last year and enjoyed it. Hope your son has fun.
    So did mine in 2012 and 2013
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well I am embarrassed to say chili is still not in the crockpot....sigh...

In my defense I have been working on the budget, dh said we already discussed so have at er' (lol), so I'm excited to say this is the 1st month since August 2014 that we are in a position to put monies in various accounts

I got a call back this am from bank manager from Scotiabank saying no we can't waive fees (yeah right), I noticed on SC a thread promoting opening an account with Scotiabank and getting $250 - so Scotiabank will be losing my business hopefully at the end of the month as long as I can get everything transferred over such as direct deposits and withdrawals. I've ask for a call from PC financial to open a new chequing and savings account as their website says 1 week to receive the whole package when speaking with an agent vs. 3 weeks when applying online and I'm in a rush .

1) cottage/boys lot, took the overall amount and divided by 12 months
    2) dh's moose hunting (leases, hunting licenses & property taxes) took the overall amount and divided by 12 months
    3) $224.10 into an emergency account, it's a start

I forgot to take something out for dinner, so grilled cheese with bacon for the kiddos it is and leftover burgers for the grow ups
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information