User Tag List

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Nancy I hope your Mom does listen to doctors orders but I do also know how hard it can be. My Nanny did not want to believe anything the doctors said when my Hezy (her husband) was sick and it took us quite some time to convince her that we needed to follow doctors orders. But to give some hope sometimes they do see and come around.

So yesterday was a fun day and hopefully I can make some of you laugh with this as it is truly brilliance on our townships part. As most of you know I live in a small town and work in one as well a couple towns over. Well I can see the highway from my desk and could not believe how backed up it was at 11 am, yes it always backs up on a long weekend (it is 2 lane country highway and cannot handle the traffic but is the only option) but never that early usually in the afternoon. Well I go outside to do something and see a construction sign, okay what the are they really working on the highway on a Friday of a long weekend?????? Well props no they were not working on the highway, they were pressure washing the bridge. Seriously the only highway through town on Friday of a long weekend and we are going to pressure wash the bridge???????????????? This is just total brilliance on someone's part. Just saying.

Alright well time to get back to work, have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well today it is pouring so feel sorry for all those folks who went camping! But the grass looks green-3 more sleeps until Disney with my friends but not sure this is the easiest way to get an all expenses paid trip-lol. Actually they are also paying me to help them so I guess we can use that money towards our own trip to Vancouver Island this summer. Today I will try to take my Mum out for a belated Mothers Day lunch as she was away visiting my sister in Toronto last weeend. She has decided to move there in the summer so that will be a nice change for her and give her 2 Eastern kids some time with her as we 3 Western kids have had her living here for many years. Tonight is DD's early 16th birthday party-we are dropping her and two girlfriends off at a Thai restaraunt downtown and then they are sleeping over here. I guess I best pack tomorrow and Monday.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well it is official the highway is completely backing up so it must be a long weekend lol

Just spoke to Mom we are going to stay in today and if the weather holds out BBQ tonight for dinner. No idea yet what we are having but I am sure we will find something, thinking maybe some chicken, potatoes and salad but will have to see what Mom says as she has left over chicken and salad last night.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hello! Just tAking a 10 min break. Ds had baseball practice this morning. I went to a few garage sales and spent $2 on an awesome glass candle holder including a large candle! Will fit on my mantle perfectly! Was raining when we got home so started on laundry, put all clean stuff away, stripped 1 ds bed, cleaned one washroom and the kitchen. Ds's friends called on him to go to the park so I heated up a hamburger quickly from last night so he could eat it on the way. Kitchen is spotless. Whole chicken thawed and ready for the bbq. Will make the potatoes soon and wrap in foil with onion and garlic. Greek salad as well. Yum! Will continue the laundry now and then head out to the yard and see what the plan is

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ugggg why are men like little boys sometimes -hubby tells me he is working on deck just screwing boards -he goes out I nice blue shorts from last year I bought them at sears for our cruise
    well i come home from shoppers and there is permanent marker across pocketnd a bit on top o shorts -oh and tiny bit of wood preserver too -I was livid
    -I tried milk ,hairspray -now they are soaking in a bit of milk

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    ugggg why are men like little boys sometimes -hubby tells me he is working on deck just screwing boards -he goes out I nice blue shorts from last year I bought them at sears for our cruise
    well i come home from shoppers and there is permanent marker across pocketnd a bit on top o shorts -oh and tiny bit of wood preserver too -I was livid
    -I tried milk ,hairspray -now they are soaking in a bit of milk
    Oh man, that sounds familiar.....why are men not more careful with their clothes!!! Mine has a closet full of work stuff and he decides to wear his good pair of pants for gardening...grrr...I feel your pain.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

glad to know my hubby is not the only one momof5 -
    -well at east his hand is better -took a good week to heal
    -spagetti tonight and half a garlic bread.66 cents-spagetti .50 a box

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The best part of a stockpile. No need to grocery shop. I went out for some fresh veg and buns. Spent 8.00 and that's it for me. I considered a SDM shop but after viewing the flyer realized I could not hit the 100.00 without wasting points.
    Had an unplanned splurge this week. I have wanted furniture for the deck for ages and kept putting it off. Last weekend I cracked. Our only debt is the LOC and that is money my brother owes us but that was why I would not buy us the furniture. So I went a little crazy and we bought it. So now I am sitting I'm my deck enjoying the new space. Life is too short.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just checking in to say hi - I was able to have a bit more sleep, so I'm feeling rather more human!
    By temp, it's in the teens here, but there's no sun and a cold wind, so it's rather icky.
    Tomorrow will be colder. The south will be getting snow! All week the far north has had the warmest temps in mid-20s+, so it's just odd all around!

Finished making the master grocery list for the week - nothing very exciting, just filling in holes of what we don't have, and we're in need of most fresh veggies.
    Meat would be nice, but probably we won't get more than just some sausage and meat for sandwiches. Bummer!
    We have chickens, but I fear all around we're getting rather sick of them - no matter how many different ways I use them!

I'm craving steak SO badly, and I know that's just awful, but I am just wanting a BBQed one so much - but it's just not in the cards, it's so very expensive - no matter the cut!

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, May 16th, 2015 at 08:33 PM.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

heh all. weekends going well. lots of projects on the go.
    ds and dh are cleaning up ds's 'new' car' he bought today.
    waiting for other son to come home from helping my parents at the trailer.
    not sure what the rest of the weekend holds. taking it one day at a time.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well did laundry 2 loads -trimmed around the lawn
    -did a shoppers 100.00 redemption -got some nice makup for me 20.00 for small liplosses and eyeshadow palette
    -still plugging away at this xmas puzzle -its a hard one

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well my plan for today went out the window kind of. I did convince Mom to go down the basement and to start working. I must say I am very impressed she lasted longer then I thought she would downside to this we lost track of time by the time we came upstairs it was 7 pm and we were both so tired and sore from all the heavy lifting that we ended up ordering pizza for dinner. On the upside I found a number of things to post for sale, almost all items are items we were given by my Mom's friend when she downsized so anything I sell is pure profit. I will start posting tomorrow and see what we can move out. Even if I only get a $1 everything was free to us so 100% profit to buy shelves.

Just finished dinner and I am ready for bed. I have been awake since around 5:30, went into work early so now I am done. Think I will leave the rest of my work for tomorrow as Mom picked up an extra shift so I get the house to myself for the afternoon and evening.

Have a great night everyone

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I can`t believe I slept the day away. I went upstairs to get some crochet cotton around 1:30...laid down for a few minutes and woke up at 6:00. And that was after 7 hours last night. For some reason I always sleep a lot after methotrexate shot.

Did get a load of laundry done and put away. Will put another load in and hang to dry.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Chicago Fire was good. I like the crossover with Chicago PD even if I don't watch that one! I watched Vampire Diaries too and wasn't up on the chatter for that show so had a bit of a shock! Both were season finales, but I was unaware until the end of the episodes. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting the dramatics and am sad I have to wait to find out what happens.

The last one I hope to watch tonight is Grey's Anatomy, but I have course work and marking to accomplish first and I am, of course, procrastinating on SC. I love to relax in front of the TV and have been struggling to fit these 3 hours in a week. Doing so, has forced me to put up my feet though!

Surviving weekend number three of being a single parent and I am sooooo looking forward to DH coming home tomorrow. Not that I mind, just after working all week and being preggers, I am tired and appreciate his help. (Keeping in mind he currently "works" on Sundays, 2 wks ago he went to a car show with his dad on Sat, last wk he was sick on Sat and this wk he is helping at a youth conference and is actually MIA from the home).

Enough procrastination. I have dill pickle chips waiting too when I am done my work!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    heh all. weekends going well. lots of projects on the go.
    ds and dh are cleaning up ds's 'new' car' he bought today.
    waiting for other son to come home from helping my parents at the trailer.
    not sure what the rest of the weekend holds. taking it one day at a time.
    Ooo, what kind of car, and how old is he?

Granger, I know it's tough to have husband away - I dealt with that a lot in the early years of our marriage - but the hardest was when our son was a baby - plus we were in a new city, no family, didn't know anyone - so that part was really rough.
    Enjoy your time together!

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information