User Tag List

Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1674
Like Tree2582Likes

Thread: Whatcha Watchin' on TV?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Now THAT'S how you finish a baseball game!! ( are ya listening Blue Jays!!??? )
    In the first game of a best of 5 series between The Mariners and The Astros, Houston gets a 3 run HR ( Alvarez!! ) off of Robbie Ray in the bottom of the 9th!!
    Astros were behind the entire game but the 9th inning is all that matters.
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Johnny Strides' Thanksgiving video (posted Oct 15) through the Toronto Eaton Centre was a treat (he had done a quick walk on one level a few weeks ago) but he did all levels including the Urban Eatery. Why I'm excited-level right below Indigo store had signage with the MANGO store name. Is that a new store or one that is coming? There used to be a Mango store in 2007 upstairs near where Harry Rosen is now by Queen Street end of mall. There was also a Paramount + ad on one of the digital ad signs in the mall. I was smiling because I looked at that site last week for Canada and was disappointed that nothing new or of particular interest was on the site.
    Found the new Apple store strange-all store glass panes open out as doors? Can't imagine the fun of hearing all the sounds bounce off all the surfaces and from the mall itself. Hope the staff keeps door hinges and parts lubed or they will face minutes of life spent shoving stiff doors into position (my memories of shuttering Chapters from Starbucks with fussy louvered door that did not always move or close remain...) at closing time. Those are huge panes to pivot open/close!

Asian Boss channel-watched a few videos where Asian Boss helped some elderly Koreans improve their living situations/provide assistance. I have also watched some of the what do people of (country) think of people from other (countries) videos on the channel.

Have been watching some Ice Pilots NWT episodes on Tubi as that is Bro's latest binge fascination. How do pilots get up each morning after a lot of heavy ramp work? Some of the materials they have to haul up into planes is so tricky. Can't get over the use of folded stepladder as "staircase" into their cargo planes. Is that even legal?
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sun, Oct 16th, 2022 at 07:07 PM.
    SassyAshley likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Watching the new season of Making the Cut on Prime, felt like a short season as somehow we are already on the finale.
    Ciel21 likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I've made real progress cleaning up multiple episodes of various series and movies I had " saved ".
    Many I simply deleted without watching, the moment I was interested in them had passed. ( think Marie Kondo for tv )
    However, a few were worth finishing off to see how the Seasons ended in each. Code 404 was great, as was Intelligence.
    Still plugging away at the animated Star Trek ones ( Star Trek Lower Decks, Star Trek Prodigy ) and the ones with actors in the flesh!, Star Trek Strange New Worlds and Discovery .
    So many shows, so little actual time to sacrifice on them. Oh!! Avenue 5 is back and so far pretty funny.
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On Youtube this week, I found a Serbian-language program, Radna akcija s Tamamorom (Work Action with Tamara-there are six Seasons uploaded). Host arranges work crews to help families in need fix their houses (some literally have ruined walls or no insulation; am gobsmacked that central heating is not standard but wood stoves are for heating) to better their health/lives. Everyone seems to have at least one cat or dog too! Have noticed that boys in the family if they are old enough (tween), they tend to get a separate room/tv whereas sisters might have to share a room. In one family home reno, I was astounded the adult daughter and tween brother got ground floor bedrooms but their father and grandmother (who walks with a stick for support) were going to have bedrooms UPSTAIRS. Should have been the other way around to accommodate for age/mobility.

Tamara is not quite a female Mike Holmes but she has sponsors of furnishings/hardware/services/food contribute to each project and has a fairly consistent work team. Plus each episode, she explores the regional culture (usually dance but also any museums/galleries or local handicrafts/foods) and tourism/scenery. Tamara has some amazing work jumpsuits! I'm not yet clear which entity determines who decides which families get chosen. I did see one local school get the reno treatment-that was interesting (narrow doorways, rooms for teachers and kids to sleep, etc.)

Sidenote-show seems to have changed alphabets used to show persons' names, titles or place names. Season 2, Roman(Latinic) alphabet was used. But Season 6 uses Cyrillic alphabet. The rare sign in towns might use dual languages. However, just treat the episodes as home reno/tourism/travelogue with a lot of nature. You are looking at 58min to 1h 15min per episode.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

New series I am driven to watch, 3 episodes in and I'm hooked! On Amazon Prime, The Peripheral .
    Also the regular crap I have recorded but not gotten to just yet. Ghosts, the Halloween episode, Call Me Cat ( 3 to watch ) , The Winchesters ( 2 in queue ) , Sheldon ( 4 in queue ) ,The Connors ( 2 in queue ) ....so many others...... eventually I'll get to them.
    Oh and my goodness I also have to make time for the W networks Christmas ( Hallmark ?? ) movies, thanks to @Lynn49 I printed off the entire list of titles and dates that they air.

I may need a larger recliner!
    Ciel21 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Polar Express is on CTV2 tonight, a channel I can get over the air. Most years it has been on Global TV.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Finished the last season of Dead To Me. Watched a fabulously weird movie called Three Thousand Years Of Longing, still trying to get through Disney's Disenchanted ( I may have been just too tired to stay awake, will revisit ). Season 2 of the show Sort Of ( yes that is the title ) has been quite sad. Acceptance of Sabi's gender by her traditional and very conservative Pakistani family has been challenging to say the least.
    The reality is I'll never get through many of the shows I've recorded but it's a good thing shows get cancelled because it means less seasons to watch...lol

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A series previously unknown to me was on Amazon Prime called Sneaky Pete and I binged the 3 Seasons available, now I hope they make a 4th!! Don't leave me hangin Pete!
    I've caught up on my sitcoms, Call me Kat, Children Ruin Everything, Bob Loves Abishola, The Conners, and a few drama style ones, Big Sky, Law & Order....Organized Crime,
    The last episode of Season One of The Peripheral ( on Prime ) is out Friday, geesh maybe it was 2 days ago, I'll have to check on that.
    I've enjoyed that series even though I understand so little of it.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I finished the series Wednesday on Netflix yesterday.

I was not sure about the show when I first saw the ads, didn't really pay attention but saw a bunch of people online asking when season 2 was coming so decided to give it a shot. It was good, kind of quirky. I liked it.
    Tweets77 and JadeAngel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

World Cup Knockout Game
    England vs. Senegal
    Go Three Lions!
    JadeAngel likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

On Amazon Prime a new ( to me ) series called Future Man! Hilarious and a spoof, but well done and has a few actors I enjoy making a**es out of themselves. The guy who was Peta
    in the Hunger Games is the main character. I have started Season 2 already! ( there are 3 in total ) . The Leafs play tonight so I will have to pause Future Man.

Oops, Leafs play on Wednesday night....oh well.
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Feb 14th, 2023 at 08:50 PM.
    JadeAngel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ted Lasso
    Yellowjackets
    The Newsroom
    The Mandalorian
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I settled in to watch my recorded episode of Succession to find Logan Roy speaking French! Oh brother! I must have chosen a French tv station when I set up the PVR. Luckily Crave tv had the episode available. So many F bombs in this episode.
    coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've started viewing season 4 of Star Trek:Discovery at long last since my library hold came in. Four episodes in plus the disc one Behind the Scenes extra (COVID-19's restrictions on set and impact on cast and crew). Felt like it was a mental health segment and tears flowed.

I realized that it's about 1 year and 2 months since I viewed season 3 DVDs from another library system! Where has the time gone...?

Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast

Thread Information