User Tag List

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree3914Likes

Thread: What small thing did you do today to save money?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

we ate supper out with our daughter/her hubby for our birthdays -hubby's last month mine next month -she told us to get a drink appitizer ,main and a dessert to take home -wow -we will have left over burgers on sunday -so good

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Picked and ate raspberries from our backyard. Apples will be next.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Walked to the grocery store instead of taking the bus!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I was given a free bag of dog food at a demonstration at RCSS today. I'll give it to the Dog Rescue because I stick to the same dog food for my dogs. Also DH and I had a "DATE NIGHT!" Used one of the Cineplex coupons we received for Christmas. I don't drink pop anymore so I bought one for the lady in front of us as you got 2 drinks for free. She was very grateful. (Saw Mission Impossible movie - quite violent but very complex plot twists and was entertaining.)
    Silk, Angela273, Ciel and 7 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Well, we did 2 small things to save money and make money.

We went to the President's Choice Financial in store bank, and signed up for 2.5% interest until Sept. 30.

We called Tangerine bank, told them about the 2.5% from PC Financial and that we heard that some Tangerine customers were getting 3%. We asked why we were getting 0.8% interest on our money. They gave us 3% at Tangerine until Oct. 30.

Both apply to NEW deposits to the accounts, not existing money.

Savingloonies jenniferandcorban's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

She ended up getting some nice makeup remover wipes...too young for makeup.lol
    avoncallingu, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Picked up a $16.00 perennial and 3 X $2.50 perennial ivies - 90% off at Canadian Tire today. Total was less than $3.00.
    Hope they "take" and make it through til next year.
    Silk, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I rescued a melon that was lost in the fridge, cut it up and fed it to the kids.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wish I had kept the labels off the packaging from the 2 large trays of blade steak and the 3 smaller trays of stewing beef and outside round steak we got today. My receipt shows all the 40% discounts coming off and the final OOP for the 5 trays was $30.00, but I have no weights to compare that dollar to?? ( ugh, I even tried searching through the garbage for the plastic wrap, but some tummies are just too delicate for that, ha ha )

Made one gigantic stew with it all, almost tasted sweet while watching the Jays sweep the Yankees!! There is a heap of leftovers too, the guys will not have to cook anything for work for at least 2 days. Oh and also we were totally out of Parmesan, happened upon a B2G1 coupon for the Kraft ones. Grabbed 6, so OOP was just $3.99 each ( 250 gram size ). Those suckers were $5.99, I find that expensive. Oh well, the coupon was expiring tomorrow, so right place right time!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Did a little preventative DIY work on our vehicle. We had a couple of rust spots forming on the bottom of our doors, so my mechanic brother came over to help me sand, prime, paint and clear coat. $30 fix to stop further rust compared to $300+ at the autobody to have it done professionally is a win in my books!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I sorted through all my coupons and tagged the ones that expire at the end of August. The way I "tag" them is to make a list as I go along and attach the list to my "groceries deals this week" one so that I remember to eyeball the items at the stores I visit in order to get a decent price. Then it becomes more than a decent price -- as in the right kind of "indecent" -- when the coupon is applied.

Savingloonies jenniferandcorban's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    I sorted through all my coupons and tagged the ones that expire at the end of August. The way I "tag" them is to make a list as I go along and attach the list to my "groceries deals this week" one so that I remember to eyeball the items at the stores I visit in order to get a decent price. Then it becomes more than a decent price -- as in the right kind of "indecent" -- when the coupon is applied.
    I did the same thing but realized I had soo many and soo many multiples that I should trade some of them ASAP.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I've been using up my August expiry FPCs - so far almost $40 worth and still have a couple of more to use.

Also, I finally used the free $50 Visa gc I got last December from RBC during the 'come in and talk to us' promotion. It was nice paying only $1 and change on a $51+ bill

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Re potted two plants today in new to me planters that were given to me but I forgot to bring the potting soil home so I had to buy that.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Used my stamp card at a local ice cream shop. Kids redeemed their free scoops for Summer Reading Program so it was a nice FREE treat!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information