User Tag List

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree3914Likes

Thread: What small thing did you do today to save money?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Let's share the little things that save money and give us all reminders of things we can do each day that helps save a penny
    Packed my lunch for work instead of buying something.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Cooking butter chicken outside in the crockpot. My older child reports that's ghetto, of course he won't be saying that when there is lunch the fridge for the rest of the week.
    This also fits in the cleaning out your freezer thread as it was a box of chicken lost in the freezer that needed to be used up.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

posted in another thread but works here too

received a Moneysaver envelope with flyers for duct cleaning, carpet cleaning, windows...u
    found a Home Hardware coupon for free key cutting
    they do this about 2 x per year
    free spare key

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Took a chance and hung a 2nd load on the line as they are giving rain tomorrow and it was dry by 5pm and eating leftovers for lunches and supper
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

read the cash register receipt before leaving the store
    results extra money sometimes from SCOP

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I received 2x $3 off Danone yogurt coupons from providing feedback about a new flavour that LO and I both didn't like. On Wednesday I will use these coupons, pm Sobeys to NF and get 700pts per Activia yogurt.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I didn't leave the house.
    Same here! Amazing how much that saves us!

Sent husband shopping this evening - he sticks to the list. (uh, I don't...)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

We cleared up leftover veggies paired with a "freezer lost" set of chicken breasts + used a can of corn from our stash that I had found for .49 each on clearance last year at RCSS. Everything was very yummy!

I also resisted buying a drink at Timmies this afternoon and waited until I got home for a very quenching ice water.

Thanks, for starting this thread. It always gives you a "jar" to see what other people are doing to save pennies.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

posted in the cooking thread or maybe the July frugal one but did up a batch of meatballs in sauce from using back of the freezer Marc Angelo meatballs, 2 jars homemade preserve pasta sauce and one container of frozen diced and herbed tomatoes made from WM $1.00 bag of rescued reduced produce. Sliced and added 2 onions and the last red pepper ( .50 ) from the crisper. Split and baked the last 3 freezer garlic bread baguettes to be the subs for meatball subs.
    After the guys left for work I grabbed another freezer find from downstairs ( a reduced priced 8 lb blade roast ) and roasted that to a Mmmmmm mouth watering medium well....DEAL with it guys, there is a touch of pink in the middle!!
    No one wrote much on the board saying they needed or wanted anything bought so I spent a mere $15.53 at FB today!!
    ( 4 boxes discounted croutons, 2 bottles coleslaw dressing, bag of milk, and 3 lbs bananas )

babies teach us acceptance

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

I find that cleaning the fridge each week the day before garbage day saves lots of waste. In the winter/spring/fall I make a big pot of veg. soup with dumplings and in the summer I make a big salad. This way I don't have any fruits or vegs that go bad as the fridge is checked once a week. With fruit I open a can of pineapple tidbits and cut up any fruit that has not been used that week. Funny how everyone can dish up a large bowl of fruit salad but the fruit just sits in the fridge if i don't If I have too many peppers/tomatoes, etc. I make up a dish and freeze it for a night I'm super busy. This is my Wednesday Routine as garbage pick-up is on Thursdays and shopping day is Friday

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I turned off the hot water heater at 7am. We do this most weekdays to save money, only turn it on if someone wants a shower or a bath. Tank remains hot in the morning, warm the rest of the day.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

There was a bit of mold starting in the dish rack and DH said to buy a new one. I think we bought this one in 2008. I disinfected it with a bit of bleach and it looks new again. Saves me the hassle of going out in this heat!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Same here! Amazing how much that saves us!

Sent husband shopping this evening - he sticks to the list. (uh, I don't...)
    DH sticks to the list, price matches, uses coupons and loves seeing the savings especially since we had a long rough patch about 10 years ago. Not anymore since SC though.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone I was just thinking of something else I do. Just something small but it adds up. On Tuesdays I cook a dozen eggs and use this for one of our supper meals that week. I will make Egg Salad Sands. and soup/salad or devilled eggs on a large salad or whatever i come up with at the time and find this is way cheaper then meat. Nice to have for a quick meal or snack. This is always beside my veggie trays so if anyone is hungry have at it I have been doing this for some time and thought I will quit when it comes to a point that the eggs are not being eaten. Never happens though. LOL.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I do the same thing with eggs (usually on Sunday nights) but for snacks! Eggs/toast/bacon for dinner is a cheap dinner for us since I usually find bacon for $2-3. (or redeem for free at SDM when on sale)

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information