User Tag List

Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree5718Likes

Thread: August 2015 Frugal Chatter thread

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

What a super expensive day it was yesterday. It seemed like we were spending money hand over fist. I suppose I can't complain too much. It was a really busy weekend.

Saturday, we visited family for a BBQ. I grocery shopped and baked to use up some sour cream and whipping cream. Because things got so busy, we never got around to opening the whipping cream. We picked up a few birthday gifts for LO, two jars of homemade jam from my favourite sister and a large container of food from my brother. My brother gave us a large wooden wagon he found at the thrift shop, but I'm tempted to resell it. We keep banging the car doors into it in the garage and we'd have to use a blanket over top to protect her from the splinters.

Sunday, we visited a friend's pool on a hot, hot day. We picked up some extra pants and shoes for LO from someone who's grown out of them, a bowling set, and contributed a watermelon to the potluck. LO enjoyed the floating chair.

Monday, we visited the lawyer to finalize our wills and powers of attorney. We got a discount for being a repeat customer and it came out to a little less than I thought - $565. I had a chiropractor's appointment, which was totally covered between my plan and DH's new plan - $0, while DH waited at home for service to repair the frame on our windows - $0 under warranty. After that, I went for a one hour massage to try out DH's plan and ease some lower back pain that never quite went away after LO's birth - $17.80 after coverage. Picked up some items for part of a donation package at Dollarama - $6.78 and five books from the library for LO.

Now I'm wondering what to buy next. It's either going to be the vacuum cleaner we've been waiting six years for, or the photo session so we can capture LO at this time in her life.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Money makes the world go round They just cashed my cheque last week for DS's 2015/2016 Hockey season I have been smart and selling stuff and been putting it away in an envelope for my hockey spending money ($ to pay to attend games, fries for DS for a treat at after a game etc) Will put the cash in a "hockey wallet" so I don't ever have to worry if I have cash on me

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I have a VERY easy going newborn. She sleeps, eats and poops. She whimpers once a day. If I make her wait it may turn to a cry.

It is not me that is super it is her. I need groceries...go out with three or wait?????
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Just got my latest shipment from Addition Elle. It`s a good feeling to replenish my wardrobe with 50% off sale prices and free shipping. Also had 2 $50 fashion dollars from my previous orders. So for spending just over $200 I saved over $300 and I`m all set for next summer. Now I need to weed out my old clothes (haven`t bought much in the last couple years) to make room in the closet.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Just got my latest shipment from Addition Elle. It`s a good feeling to replenish my wardrobe with 50% off sale prices and free shipping. Also had 2 $50 fashion dollars from my previous orders. So for spending just over $200 I saved over $300 and I`m all set for next summer. Now I need to weed out my old clothes (haven`t bought much in the last couple years) to make room in the closet.
    So happy for you - enjoy the new clothes well deserved.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I did my 1st online Old Navy order pretty happy with what I got for Logan (3 tops and 2 pairs of pants, I ordered 1 size large and 1 size xl, this way I can exchange for the smaller or larger size) also got Jaden 3 tops which should replenish his everyday after school shirts (he wears uniform to school) and also got an extra 20% off some items as a new customer so now I wait.

Just wondering for those that have sent returns and gotten exchanges do they have a fairly quick turn around time?

And that's my excitement for the day now to purchase new back to school indoor schools for Logan next time we venture into the city.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Granger sounds like this baby is a dream child (haha) enjoy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow best of luck with your decision of new vacuum or photo shoot, with the warmer weather is there anyway that you could do a photo shoot yourselves in a lovely park with props etc or ask a friend neighbour to take some family shots. Some photographers are excellent but others not so much, good luck

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Went out with three. Left when baby started to fuss. Nursing in van. Got it all done. Kids need to get outside.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@jasper - I have ordered online but just did my returns at the store (didn't want to risk sending back)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @jasper - I have ordered online but just did my returns at the store (didn't want to risk sending back)
    okay good to know, I'm unsure of their sizing used the charts but still unsure are there boys clothes on the smallish size?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nancy I have done returns via mail, since I need to order plus size jeans it is my only option as the stores do not carry them. I was impressed I mailed my return back the day before we left for the cruise which was just a few days before Christmas when we got home 10 days later the return was processed and $$$ back on my card. I have done a few more even a large one (might have gotten a little crazy with black Friday) and even the large return in 3 boxes everything was fine and processed in under 2 weeks. I find mailing back so much easier as the closest store is in our mall 45 minutes away and it is a pain to get in and out of our mall, most people I know avoid it. I used to only go for Old Navy and now with online shopping and returns I am set.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Nancy I have done returns via mail, since I need to order plus size jeans it is my only option as the stores do not carry them. I was impressed I mailed my return back the day before we left for the cruise which was just a few days before Christmas when we got home 10 days later the return was processed and $$$ back on my card. I have done a few more even a large one (might have gotten a little crazy with black Friday) and even the large return in 3 boxes everything was fine and processed in under 2 weeks. I find mailing back so much easier as the closest store is in our mall 45 minutes away and it is a pain to get in and out of our mall, most people I know avoid it. I used to only go for Old Navy and now with online shopping and returns I am set.
    awesome thanks Ashley

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

Rough morning for us. Lily dog is under the weather, so I'm keeping a close eye on her (was up half the night checking on her). You know there's a problem when she turns her nose up at food. I have theatre tickets for tonight (Newsies), still debating whether I should go. I'm hoping she just got a bit too much sun the other day and it's nothing serious. The vet told me to just keep an eye on her (I don't want her to be miserable - hospital stays are lousy for me, they're even worse for her with all the dogs around). I figure as long as she keeps drinking and going outside, a day or so without food won't matter. It's just so weird to see my party girl want to sleep all the time.

Better get on with my day. The short one is also upset so better go cuddle with him.

Sorry for the downer post. The rest of the day will get better.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Very much hope that Lily dog fees better soon!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Dozing off here as I didn't get enough sleep last night.
    DH has chicken breasts and other things prepped for supper but he's dozing too.
    I had to meet a couple at the city hall this morning to get a mistake on their licence so that everything will be fine for Saturday. They asked me to change their ceremony a bit which took some time out of my pm.
    Had to get one of those mega-tune-ups done today on the car.
    DH called the two companies who fixed our water issue so we can get an idea of what we owe them before we head to Denver next week.
    I went to our "high-end" 2nd hand store this morning and found a nice leather sofa that my local brother might buy to get rid of the huge sofa-loveseat combo he now has which is a detriment to his getting around his apartment. 2nd brother and he have done a major purge of things he doesn't need that just get in his way.
    They have both headed off to bro2's home and family in Kitchener for a couple of days.
    Bro 1 will take the train back on Thursday.
    I'm hungry. Better go see what I can smooch as a pre-dinner snack. DH will tell me I'm going to ruin my appetite but I don't think there's much chance of that.
    Weird weather and cloud formations here today! I was sure we were in for a big storm, but they seemed to have skirted around us again.
    Bye for now!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information