User Tag List

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Natalka super sounds delicious,off to the baking thread to see your recipe!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @thriftygranny how awful for your daughter and the rest of the wedding party, cute email, save it for future reference to post at her wedding she decide to have one (haha)

I'm so glad yesterday is over to say it was a horrible day IS an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!
    1. washing machine is broke and service man cannot come before Wednesday (ds1's uniforms were in the wash)
    2. spilled a large amount of tomatoes reading to be canned all over the kitchen
    3. called dlink to get assistance re my router ONLY to realize to late that it was not acutally dlink AND I have been hacked (why can't they put the phone # on the box or on the instructions) so that people don't call these crooks
    4. I have no antivirus....called MIL asking to get a drive to get one...NOPE....
    5. dropped my full can of coke all over the floor and walls...sigh
    6. kids fighting like cats & dogs
    7. ds1 complaining that internet is lagging so he can't play his game....all day long...
    8. no internet access in 1/2 the house (which is what I was calling) for assistance with.

I was a total mess - thankfully today is a better day BUT still have no antivirus which is freaking me out, I remember years ago there was 1 you could use for free BUT can't remember the name, if someone is aware can you please post the link Until I can get a ride to get 1 from the store
    Avg free. Avira free. Trend micro and panda both have online scanners that can be run prior to installing one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl could you post the like for the free avg or the others I don't want to land on a wrong site (scammers, etc) thanks hun
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Wedding text sooo funny. I am matron of honour for sis. Probably haven't mentioned yet bc of baby stuff. Just wait...I will probably be sending you all texts of my own. I have $1500 saved for the wedding/related. I am hoping it is enough...

The last wedding I was in cost me $1000 it was for a friend in my first year of work. I had no idea the financial commitment (maid of honour too) at the time. This is now someone who has cut me from her life bc I have children and she cannot. I was very naive and probably could have done a better job as a maid of honour for her, but it was a learning process for me. I did my best and out of love.

After being a bride and a bridesmaid, my sis will get the best...that and bc she is truly my BFF. She can't ditch me bc I am blood related. She would need witness protection.
    I actually backed out of being my best friends bridesmaid about 7 yrs ago. I couldn't stand up again for a marriage I truly believed was emotionally abusive.

I told her I felt he was controlling and pushing her friends and family away. She was furious with me for quite some time. I still went to her wedding. I made sure to keep contact open...and she ended up having no job be a use he wouldn't let her work...no friends except his because he moved her 7 hrs away...her family couldn't visit and she ended up sneaking calls to me and her sister while he was at work. She left him 5 days short of 2 years after their wedding date and came to me. Her dad n mom were furious with me for saying it at the time but when she left him they told her they had agreed with me.

I stood up for a cousin years ago...and didn't say anything she's still married to him but is not allowed family contact for long periods of time...Christmas cards weren't even allowed he'd s3nd them back if her family included a return addrss. I got one card thru with my # and email 2 yrs ago by using bfs name and our address so i have occasional contact now. I honestly feel like a party to the abuse because I didn't try for her before she got married. I had to learn from hers.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@saundyl could you post the like for the free avg or the others I don't want to land on a wrong site (scammers, etc) thanks hun
    http://www.avg.com/ca-en/free-antivirus-protection

Scroll to the bottom and click the free download link (green in the middle on the left)

When installing it you will get an option that says custom in pale grey writing at the bottom right of the Installer choose custom.

Then there will be s screen offering for basic or free trial...choose the basic as the free trial has to be "downgraded " after 30 days...

the basic works better as its not as much of a memory hog.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl thanks sweetheart - because of my situation should I install more than 1?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

AVG should be good enough, you should have Microsoft Essentials already on your computer.
    Occasionally do Malwarebytes, which is also free.

Update on supper: OH, my, it was AWESOME! I sure wish we could eat like that more often - the meat was SO soft and tender, it was incredible. I'll keep the recipe, but I would imagine beef tenderloin is very pricey, so it's not something I would be purchasing soon - but would be great for a special occasion.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@saundyl thanks sweetheart - because of my situation should I install more than 1?
    No. Your welcome .

Antivirus software tends to conflict. If you want a second form of security software do malwarebytes or superantispyware.

I tend to use avg and both of these for cleanings for people.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/downloads/

http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

I guess the best way to explain differences is they cover different things better like trimetic does for sick kids. some do a great job with adware or Spyware others do better with security holes and viruses but the big name ones like Norton or McAfee tend to block each other from working properly or viruses are written specifically to hide from them.

Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Sep 27th, 2015 at 09:12 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Wow! Have you seen the eclipse? Just as it went totally dark, the clouds rolled in, but we had a beautiful view of it getting covered up. I am going back outside to see if you can see it coming back. Boy was it DARK with no light at all from the moon, but you could sure see the stars!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Mon, Sep 28th, 2015 at 08:54 AM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Wow! Have you seen the eclipse? Just as it went totally dark, the clouds rolled in, be we had a beautiful view of it getting covered up. I am going back outside to see if you can see it coming back. Boy was it DARK with no light at all from the moon, but you could sure see the stars!
    Too cloudy here

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Eclipse, no, but the russset-red moon, yes - about 20 minutes ago, it's beautiful. Doesn't look bigger, though.

We are in Saskatoon, but this pic was taken at almost the same time by The Tornado Hunter, Greg Johnson, in Regina.
    Looks just like ours did.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@thriftygranny how awful for your daughter and the rest of the wedding party, cute email, save it for future reference to post at her wedding she decide to have one (haha)

I'm so glad yesterday is over to say it was a horrible day IS an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!
    1. washing machine is broke and service man cannot come before Wednesday (ds1's uniforms were in the wash)
    2. spilled a large amount of tomatoes reading to be canned all over the kitchen
    3. called dlink to get assistance re my router ONLY to realize to late that it was not acutally dlink AND I have been hacked (why can't they put the phone # on the box or on the instructions) so that people don't call these crooks
    4. I have no antivirus....called MIL asking to get a drive to get one...NOPE....
    5. dropped my full can of coke all over the floor and walls...sigh
    6. kids fighting like cats & dogs
    7. ds1 complaining that internet is lagging so he can't play his game....all day long...
    8. no internet access in 1/2 the house (which is what I was calling) for assistance with.

I was a total mess - thankfully today is a better day BUT still have no antivirus which is freaking me out, I remember years ago there was 1 you could use for free BUT can't remember the name, if someone is aware can you please post the link Until I can get a ride to get 1 from the store

Full Moon and an eclipse to boot!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! Chilly start to the day, a few degrees below zero...

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Natalka hope you have a feel good week.

Saundyl good for you for supporting in the right way. I told my sister my concerns about marriage when she began that relationship. I also told her if she ever needs to move in with me my door is open ALWAYS. I hope it will all work out. I have never seen her happier. She has a stepdaughter with Spina Bifida and her fiancé has some health problems. They are my family now too so she won't hear anything but support now.

I chose my bridal party based on people I wanted to be in my future. One of those people doesn't talk to me anymore bc I have kids and another lives far away and we have drifted apart. My sister and my sister-in-law are active in my life. I feel very strongly about the ties that family holds and happy they were in my wedding!
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Sep 28th, 2015 at 08:35 AM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information