User Tag List

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Hi all. Crazy week here...my replacement started so I'm training her (still awaiting a few requirements before my start date).

BF broke his leg plowing the driveway last night so we spent the evening in the ER (poor gut has had such bad luck this year)
    we had to spend 115 on the air cast he had to have until the swelling goes down. He did get a prescription for it so we will getthe money back .But checked my credit card today and they charged it twice...so will have to deal with it monday when the billing dept is open.

We went to the legions service on Wednesday both boys are now in cadets...they looked so handsome....or cute and spiffy in their uniforms.
    OMG, Saundyl! I am so sorry to hear about your bf! Wishing him a swift recovery!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you Nat. & Avon

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@saundyl Hope your BF heals quickly.

@avon Hope your hubby feels better soon

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks! Well this week is over. Thank the lord! The funeral for my cousin was yesterday and I performed the service. The stress of dealing with all the red tape has been immense and almost overwhelmed her poor mother. Over 200 people came and the family was exhausted but so overwhelmed to think that their daughter/sister was so well loved!

My poor dh has not been well. We spent a long time at the ER the other day and he was prescribed some antibiotics and pain meds. I hope he gets better soon. I'm afraid I have been neglecting him while being involved with all the details of my cousin's illness and funeral arrangements.

It has been a "wild" weather day! Unbelievable wind and some sleet. Walks for the doggy have been very short and windy today!

I hope that J&C, your arms are feeling better! Sassy, good luck with planning your weekend activities!
    Thriftygranny, I am glad you are taking things easy.

FrugalBigMomma - enjoy your "suite" and your weekend!

Coupon girl - how nice that you could get together with another SCer!
    Im so sorry for your loss.

Hope your DH is getting better!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu I'm positive you have not neglected your dh, hope he feels better soon
    @cath007 lots of people now find love through internet websites as they say if it's meant to be it will be BUT please go on with your life, there is someone out there for everyone and most often it's when you are not looking (hugs).
    @saundyl geez your poor bf
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

update shortly after the post my mom called so I took it as a sign.

She was shocked that I brought it up BUT eldest son knew what she paid for his brothers laptop so I know he would bring it up to me, dh & my mom....

It's not the matter of what gifts cost but the fairness involved.

I now need to search for a copy of the receipt so that both boys are equal in value, I'm not greedy and nor are my kids but fair is fair AND I forgot to mention this is a 1 time large expensive gift.

Thanks everyone for your kind advice and suggestions.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Spent some time this morning decluttering what can only be considered the snack counter. Removed the ps2 that has only been used once in 3 yrs (it was on its way out and the oldest had a tizzy last fall and hasnt even looked at it since we didn't get rid of it) took a few "baby"board games out if their rooms, 2 older unused tvs and a hotwheelsdoor storage system. All are being dropped off at the thrift store because then they are gone and boys can't throw a fit its being gotten rid of. Im feeling our house is getting cluttered again and Christmas seems to be coming.

Advertised my twist and twirl scarves. I was going to do a craft sale but now we eont be going out of town next weekend so i cant get more wool.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Saundyl: PLOWING THE DRIVEWAY ugh, thanks for the reminder winter is coming. I admire those of you that live in the far north. I could never do it. wishing him a speedy recovery.
    So I have been looking at new ways to save money & realised I rarely take advantage of the MIR even when it’s a product I use. So I am now carrying them in my wallet so I won’t forget. Today it was Resolve, 48 dishwasher tabs and dishwasher cleaner. As soon as the receipt comes in I get the MIR out the door.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Saundyl-let's hope your family can steer clear of any more injuries for a very long time! You have certainly had more than your fair share this year.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@saundyl -think you have your pulse on the situation at home (organizing/letting things out the door). The boys could help with some snow clearing, maybe getting the part at the road (windrows) and maybe around the vehicles? At least you have your new vehicle this year so chance to put some traction option to use. While your BF's accident will slow things at home, he better ensure the boys don't take advantage of the situation or you while he recovers. If anything, this is their time to take on some extra chores to help out at home when they are with you both. Snow clearing especially.
    @jasperandchar -had to be a thrill to actually say what's on your mind because you know how the situation will play out. It had to be said. My only thought was that you might have to tell oldest if gran gives $300 towards your gift, the earliest that we can top it up to get the gift is (date). I say this is the oldest of two who found out her brother got slipped money from time to time that did not come my way as well (chip on shoulder, anyone) when we were kids.
    @SassyAshley -triumph at your pharmacy success! Yes, you did have tell Mom that--tasks cannot be avoided. Three wins this week-that's a hat trick in hockey jargon, right?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 - organizing-what lizziebargain suggested: you pick a spot (say a closet or maybe a dresser) and only work on sorting the contents. The suggestion from someone about using a timer can be a good idea--you might find it takes you 10 minutes or more to get interested in the task but try setting timer to 30min. When the timer rings, you might want to get a tea or take a walk or even reset timer for another 15min if you really get into the task.

Professional organizers often suggest having 4 laundry baskets: one marked to keep, one marked to donate, one marked to throw out and one to recycle-so everything you take out of the closet or drawer goes into one basket while you clean that area. I suggest making a basket for papers that need to be shredded (it can be very rewarding to shred old papers after a clean out of drawers or a shelf or personal papers) so it can be done when you want a change of tasks.

re: grandmother's fall-oh, that is sad news! I remember she was very sick during winter and was hoping she was keeping ok this fall. Is there any baking you can do for her? Maybe get her some hemp seeds that she can have with her cereal or yogurt-the magnesium and omegas will help her heal.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Nov 19th, 2015 at 01:25 PM. Reason: remembered the fourth category
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Saundyl-let's hope your family can steer clear of any more injuries for a very long time! You have certainly had more than your fair share this year.
    Thank you. I sure hope its the last for a good long time

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @saundyl -think you have your pulse on the situation at home (organizing/letting things out the door). The boys could help with some snow clearing, maybe getting the part at the road (windrows) and maybe around the vehicles? At least you have your new vehicle this year so chance to put some traction option to use. While your BF's accident will slow things at home, he better ensure the boys don't take advantage of the situation or you while he recovers. If anything, this is their time to take on some extra chores to help out at home when they are with you both. Snow clearing especially.
    @jasperandchar -had to be a thrill to actually say what's on your mind because you know how the situation will play out. It had to be said. My only thought was that you might have to tell oldest if gran gives $300 towards your gift, the earliest that we can top it up to get the gift is (date). I say this is the oldest of two who found out her brother got slipped money from time to time that did not come my way as well (chip on shoulder, anyone) when we were kids.
    @SassyAshley -triumph at your pharmacy success! Yes, you did have tell Mom that--tasks cannot be avoided. Three wins this week-that's a hat trick in hockey jargon, right?
    Thank you for the thoughts. We will definitely be getting them to help with snow stuff. They were huge helps thus summer when they were with us.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Cath...i hope things are gettjng better snd your grandmother has a speedy recovery.

Organization wise...do small peices at a time then do something else. Don't keep what you dont or wont use.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Got the stuff dropped off at the thrift store this morning. Found bf some "stipper pants" lol the tear away ones with snaps at the sides so he can them on and off once his cast is on. Also picked up 2 pairs of sweats and 2 zippers to add in the left leg if he needs the room to take them on and off.

A lady stopped by to pick up a scarf..ended up purchasing 3!

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information