User Tag List

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Nancy hope your HB can through his operation Ok and hope you are doing ok

momof5boys that's why we have unlimited as there are 6 people in the house,lots of netflix and xbox
    Some companies don't offer unlimited. Here we can get a max of 200gb

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We did a trip to visit bfs mom....it feels like we spent a small fortune on groceries and Christmas gifts (hate me now. ...but we are 100%done Christmas shopping) and shipping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Was back by 2 yesterday so had a few hours before I had to pick up DS. Honey and I grabbed coffee and walked downtown a bit. Went to RCSS and PM'd the unico canned tomatoes from No Frills. 67 cents is pretty good to me. Bought 12 cans (expire late 2017) Wondering if I should have bought more lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Some companies don't offer unlimited. Here we can get a max of 200gb
    Oh my I wouldn't like that! But I don't blame them at all!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Oh my I wouldn't like that! But I don't blame them at all!
    I found it a huge adjustment moving here because i had unlimited before

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy afternoon everyone!!! The weather is beautiful and I baked a banana bread;the house smell so good.It will be for breakfeast,and snack.Here the recepie in french so easy one: http://tva.canoe.ca/emissions/signem...rie-withenshaw

Will check the flyers and wish a everyone a good humps day!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Natalka :hope taffy will be back soon ,praying for taffy return safe
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Happy afternoon everyone!!! The weather is beautiful and I baked a banana bread;the house smell so good.It will be for breakfeast,and snack.Here the recepie in french so easy one: http://tva.canoe.ca/emissions/signem...rie-withenshaw

Will check the flyers and wish a everyone a good humps day!!!!
    Yummy recipe. Must try it this month. I love banana bread and now have two different new recipes to try (one with hemp and nuts that is eggless and this French one).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Seems this week is the last hurrah for outdoor yardwork/giving gardens their last cleanup. Used one 5pk of yard bags to take care of areas near the walkways and frontyard so the showers this week don't cause anyone to slip!

Mom's leeks look like green onions but she has about 30-40 of them to cook up somehow. The smaller garden is being levelled (all trees and plants are out) and I guess grass seeding is imminent. I still have another small crop of parsley and a few basil plants to clip. Have asked Mom to trim the rosemary plant-want fresh herb for flatbread, the hummus ball appetizer and soups!

I'd like an inflatable pumpkin on the front lawn now-like the one that rolled around in Arizona last week when its anchoring lines gave way. Would be a cheery site at dusk to see.

What's with the morning fog? Still put out the wash loads from last night on the line though the air maintains a nip despite the warm sun.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Some agencies/government offices/stores will be opening on 12pm on November 11 due to Remembrance Day. Saw the notice at the Beer Store today. Banks are likely impacted as well.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Advice

I paid my hydro bill on Nov. 2nd via Pc financial, I checked today and Hydro still has not rec'd my payment, I did receive an auth #, however, PC bank told me it could take 3 days.....so I'm already 1 day late.

Should I call hydro and say I have an auth# so they don't charge penalty fee. And being a day or 2 late does that affect my credit?

thanks folks
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Did you get them snuck in? Bf cut me iff wool....but this weekend when we went to grande prairie i bought twirly scarf wool and slipper wool right in front of him. He sighed and rolled his eyes.
    I brought them in today when I came home. He was watching TV so he didn`t notice. He doesn`t cut me off...I tell him I need variety in patterns and I can`t sell what I don`t have.
    I have also learned over the years to buy yarn and towels when I see something I want, especially seasonal, because there is no guarantee that it will be available the next year.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Wed, Nov 4th, 2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: can`t spell
    saundyl, Natalka, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I placed an order with Herrschners on Sunday using my PC CC. Last night I noticed there are 2 charges pending...1 from Sunday...1 from yesterday. They are for different amounts. Not sure who I should call.
    Ciel, YOU AND ME, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey all I babysat ashlyn today had to leave house with hubby at 6.00 a.m
    -we took her to a free library program for ages 2-3 -oh my goodness it was a storey time about an elephant in a bathtub -finger puppets sing -a-long ,shaking of eggs and stick the colours on the Velcro board -she loved it she was a social butterfly -standing right up front bear the librarian once -a little boy that was about 3 kept saying "I know -I know" when asked a question -well ashlyn just kept repeating I know I know -I never laughed so hard-well quietly as I was in a library but inside I was chuckling -it was so much fun she lasted the 45 minutes too
    -came home after lunch at my house and I had to bring her in screaming for a nap at 1.15 she loved it outside
    then when she woke up back outside for a bike walk (she has a bike with a handle for me to push -ahh loved the nice weather -now in my jammies drinking a tea relaxing
    -we are having a company come and talk to us abour garage doors on Thursday -ours is totally broken 30 years old and lizzie I am sure it has been lifted up and down 10,000 times -lol
    -good thing hubby and I stopped buying for each other years ago when the kids were little -and I don't care I would rather give than receive-gave my daughter-in-law the xmas shoebox -I think I spent abut 12.90, on it not bad for a wee little girl age 5-7 and granger I read the blog and got a flashlight ,and melamine dish and cup in with the top and hat and a few other items

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SIL extubated and feeling fine but still in ICU-I think they are just being extra cautious in case she pulls any more stunts! They plan to send her home tomorrow with strict orders to see a doctor at the first sign of a sore throat and I am sure she will be following doctors orders after that scare. Luckily there was one doc on duty at the hospital they flew her to who had seen just one similar case before and was able to figure out what was going on.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information