User Tag List

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    So glad I am signed on with a distributor for hydro. As I was with a distributor when time of use came in, I was never switched over to it. I have been warned that should I ever choose to leave the distributor I will be put on time of use and can never go back. I pay the same low rate all day long. One smart money move I made in life .
    If you don't mind my asking what is your rate and how long are you locked in for your contract with the distributor.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Nancy hope your HB can through his operation Ok and hope you are doing ok

momof5boys that's why we have unlimited as there are 6 people in the house,lots of netflix and xbox
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quiet night here,I am watching tv shows.Cannot believe we are already November.The weather is still great in Quebec this week.Wish everyone a great night.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    We have the same weather here as TG and Natalka-suddenly I am not so anxious to get out for my daily walk! We had a scare yesterday-my husbands sister in law in the US suddenly could not breathe and called her husband and 911-long story short the paramedics got her to the local hospital where they paralyzed and intubated her and life flighted her to a bigger hospital as nobody had a clue what was going on-she had just had a cold. DH just called his brother this morning for an update and he said it was very touch and go yesterday and she is still on the ventilator but now they have woken her up and she can write notes. They have finally figured out she had viral laryngitis and her vocal cords swelled to the point she could not get enough air in. I was shocked to think something so seemingly minor could become life threatening so quickly. I guess it is extremely rare. Anyway they are giving steroids and waiting for the swelling to go down before they attempt to extubate her-scary stuff and thank goodness she called her hubby and 911 so fast. DH's brother says she is not completely out of the woods yet but they are optimistic that she will be okay.
    OMG Lizzie Bargain! It's very scary how quickly medical things can get out of hand! Thankfully, she was able to get the help she needed!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My DH just spoke to his brother-they are hoping to extubate tomorrow and if all is well send her home tomorrow or the next day so that sounds very hopeful. Thank goodness she was close to good medical care as it sounds like it came on so suddenly and is extremely rare to cause severe breathing issues like that-if she were a cat I would definitely say she used one of her nine lives up yesterday! Speaking of cats Nat I do hope yours comes back.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

lizzie, I'm so glad she's better.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@lizzie bargain that is such hopeful news about your SIL! That issue was never on my radar, another terrific reason for logging into sc, we learn things!! @jasperandchar Since the Dr. had his own opinions about your DH procedure being postponed and going with injection instead I sure hope it helps him.
    Blinding sun in my DH eyes on the drive home is EVEN worse now since the clocks changed, he'll end up in a permanent squint if he stays on this shift much longer! #shiftswork,#nochoice,#ihavenoideawhatahastagisfor ! lol!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

I hope today brings good things for everyone so I can hear lots of good news here.

@avoncallingu: I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. I hope there's a miracle in the works and she begins to feel better.

@lizziebargain: Thank you for the good news! I'm glad your DH's SIL will be well and it's something to be thankful for this Christmas!

@jasperandchar: I hope you're feeling well and recovering quickly after surgery.

@Natalka: Hoping Taffy shows up today. I was a wreck when our cat ran out in downtown Toronto. It was only 30 hours, but it felt much longer. Maybe someone has been giving her shelter from any bad weather. Have you tried putting up signs at a local grocery store or in your neighbourhood?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy hump day! Beautiful day here today as well. Wish I would have taken another vacation day but I am so busy at work so will work away and take a few days off in the next 2 weeks Tonight's dinner is BLSL chicken breasts baked in the oven with rice and green beans. Chicken is marinating in the fridge and will just dump it in a baking dish and pop in the oven when I walk in the door

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am off on a vacation day today, we have a zero carry over policy, so i use it or lose it.So I am chipping away at my todo list. I will go out for a walk soon as I have two more sets of the cereal 5.00 MC to mail. I was up to midnight last night doing laundry as I do not want to pay the crazy rates. DH works at home at least 3 days a week so have the 11-5 be off peak helps. We save so much with him working at home so its a bonus in many ways. Tonight we are going to BBQ. We rarly do this in the darker cold days but eating dinner at 8 is not realistic. So BBQ occasionally may help.
    Im doing the same today. My new vacation days are in effect on the yearly anniversary of my start date Nov 19. However with having given notice about the new job (security clearance still pending) they'll be paid out.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    After I got my legs wrapped I stopped at a store in Wingham. Found a whole load of towel and oven mitt sets. Most of them were new patterns to me. Had told hubby I wasn`t buying any more towels this year but he knows me so well. Said he`ll believe that when it happens. Wonder how I can sneak then into the house.

@ jasperandchar I hope the swelling is going down.
    @Natalka Any news on Taffy yet? I pray he returns soon.
    Did you get them snuck in? Bf cut me iff wool....but this weekend when we went to grande prairie i bought twirly scarf wool and slipper wool right in front of him. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Dh came home and they did not do the procedure, the doctor who was scheduled to do the procedure said he did not agree with the pre procedure interview/appointment and decided to give dh a steroid shot instead. he goes back on December the 1st and then back again in January, fingers crossed this works BUT if the steroids don't work then they will re-visit the the procedure.

He has decided to not take any calls for tomorrow because he won't know how sore the injection site will be. A the phones not ringing for substitute jobs for tomorrow anyways so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Dh has made his Christmas list sadly most of the items are in the US which means expensive with the Canadian dollar being so low. His list is not very large and many items I don't want to order as pants size vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and I don't want to get into an issue of having to pay shipping fees to return the pants if they don't fit especially to the states.

Fingers crossed he adds more Canadian priced items to his list. Generally the list is overflowing with movies, cds etc BUT not 1 on this years list...sigh.

I started my Christmas list today, I'm so hard to shop for as I don't want anything. I'm thinking Home depot gcs so I can put that towards a new window or such....I would prefer something of substance like a window vs. something that I don't really want and don't need.
    We decided with our boys not to exchange gifts but focus on donating to charity instead. Brings the stress level way down We also have a son getting married in December.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Nancy hope your HB can through his operation Ok and hope you are doing ok

momof5boys that's why we have unlimited as there are 6 people in the house,lots of netflix and xbox
    We only have the one son left living at home so try to stick to a limit which is usually no problem. Our internet costs are $53 per month - would be quite a bit higher with unlimited I would think but I haven't checked.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    On a frugal note I need to talk to ds1 about our internet usage....geez...I think he will either have to pay the overage or pay for the upgrade.

His hosting games on the xbox is killing our usage.

Wishing everyone a frugal afternoon.

Dh will be starting his procedure in 1/2 hour.
    We have a router that limits our boys time online. Thier xbox gets put on ibce in a while for updates but they have to game offline. Once they get their xmas gift (we splurged this year) it will be limited but we will allow some online gaming for it.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    lizzie -sorry about your sil
    -nat hope cat comes home soon
    -take it easy jasper -we have the smallest internet use -we have netflicks and I monitor it always so we don't go over
    ciel-good to see you got pants from reitmans -I love reitmans and thrift stores too
    I second all if this!

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information