User Tag List

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Cath many have accused me of many things when it comes to men but I have learned to never count my chickens before they hatch. Until I meet someone in person I leave my options open and to be put bluntly I keep my emotions out of it.

I admit just like you I used to get emotionally attached I could picture a future but too many times it did not pan out. My rule is I am looking for a guy he is looking for a girl and until there is commitment I have to assume he is still looking and he might find someone he thinks is a better fit. Not that I am not a wonderful person but let's face it different people are looking for different things. Example being from my personal life my career, some guys don't want a career driven woman they want they can see being a SAHM which is fine but based on my life right now that can't see that being me. Another issue some men is the fact I work in a male dominated industry and they do not like that I end up working in locations where I am the only girl in the location, me I see it as work they do not so we do not fit.

I know it does not stop the pain but dating sucks not going to lie. It is the one part of life no matter how hard you work you cannot guarantee you will get ahead, I speak from experience. You have to find someone who will love you for you and not keep looking for the next best thing.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Avon so sorry for your loss. I hope your DH feels better soon.

Saundyl hope your bf heels quickly.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening all,

It looks like dh is taking me to the ER tomorrow (doctors offices are not open tomorrow) and the emerg in town is generally quite quick.

The dissolvable stitching has all let go and there is a 1" open the whole length of the armpit....sigh...I remember the same thing happened last time and nothing could be done. Sewing it back up was never an option the last time as no one wants to touch another doctors surgery. And the last time the surgeon from the last time did not sew as he said he can't because if the incision needs to drain....

So we'll see what tomorrow brings it delay some of my painting projects...boo hoo (haha)

Wishing everyone a great evening
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well today did not go as planned, I woke up today totally feeling like I was getting sick. I think I was so concerned with the infection I was missing the signs of getting sick. So today was not very productive but hey if resting means I do not get sick then I am all for it as I really do not have time right now to get sick, not that there ever really is a good time.

Even though I will not start my new position until someone is hired to replace me I am already juggling both. It is becoming more and more clear how much our company needs this position. There is going to be a lot of work to be done which I will start on next week.

I have spent almost all day crocheting I almost have the bags done for the girls at Mom's work and now I am looking for an elephant pattern for my half bros gf and a doll pattern for my cousin's little girl. Also thinking I might make a football pillow for my half bro and give him and his gf a gift card to share. I have always been a fan of homemade gifts so once I have this done I will see what else I can make for some other members of the family.

Off to choose some patterns and get back to work. have a great night everyone.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope they can offer some suggestions for you tomorrow Nancy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

saundyl sorry about boyfriend injury -hopefully good luck comes your way soon
    -avon hope your hubby feels better soon

-went to hubby's brother's today and chatted played skip-bo fun card game and went to reuse centre where things are cheaper
    -got a sesame street gel cookie monster for the window .50 a xmas ornament .25 and wood filler 1.00 ohh and 5 heavy duty plastic hangers for winter coats .50 so got 2 packs
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Nov 15th, 2015 at 08:20 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    saundyl sorry about boyfriend injury -hopefully good luck comes your way soon
    -avon hope your hubby feels better soon

-went to hubby's brother's today and chatted played skip-bo fun card game and went to reuse centre where things are cheaper
    -got a sesame street gel cookie monster for the window .50 a xmas ornament .25 and wood filler 1.00 ohh and 6 heavy duty plastic hangers for winter coats 1.00 so got 2 packs
    Thank you. I hope so too.

I love skip bo!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

It's way too early, but I've managed to double book myself today, so have to get going. Bleh. Still helping my friend (thought it would be easy, didn't realize how much work was involved when I'm only going at half speed or less, sigh). Will be there this morning & hopefully home again by the time Santa arrives in Toronto (we'll see how chaotic the transit gets, eeek). Later, I'll be joining another friend for a late lunch/early dinner. Had invites to lunch & dinner with 2 other folks that I had to turn down - sheesh, it seems everyone wants me these days. It would be nice if only I had the energy to be able to fully enjoy all these plans. On the plus side, it's nice to be wanted (just wish my achy body would stop complaining ).

Managed to get a little theatre in the last few days - saw a student production of Lady Windemere's Fan (LOVE Oscar Wilde & the kids did a great job) as well as another round of Spoon River (it's back for a short run - I really really really LOVE this show, er performance, er experience - when you have to walk past a cast member in a coffin during a wake, amble through a path in the woods past tombstones on stage, then leave the stage to get to the seats, it's more than a show ).

Unfortunately, I've also been having issues with SC - I keep getting logged off in the middle of posting. So far so good - maybe I just have to post at an ungodly hour?

Better go have breakfast, then wake my sleepyheads before I head out to face the world.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Evening all,

It looks like dh is taking me to the ER tomorrow (doctors offices are not open tomorrow) and the emerg in town is generally quite quick.

The dissolvable stitching has all let go and there is a 1" open the whole length of the armpit....sigh...I remember the same thing happened last time and nothing could be done. Sewing it back up was never an option the last time as no one wants to touch another doctors surgery. And the last time the surgeon from the last time did not sew as he said he can't because if the incision needs to drain....

So we'll see what tomorrow brings it delay some of my painting projects...boo hoo (haha)

Hope all goes well today, that is an awkward place to have a wound. Hopefully they can close it for you,

Saundyl, hope your guy recovers quickly, you guys have had a tough go, hoping for better luck for you!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slow start here today, I slept in which is probably a good thing as I am feeling better. Not quite 100% but much better so hopefully I will kick this I think cold that is trying to come on.

So far I have finished the elephant head for my half bro's gf, I have 3 out of 4 bag bottoms done for mom and 2 out of 4 straps. I think I am in good shape to get it all done sooner rather then later as I am not sure what it is to come at work so I do not want to leave anything to the last minute.

Trying to make a plan for dinners for the week, Mom keeps getting the 11 to 7 shift which is messing with dinner. As well my lack of energy is not helping, hope that changes this week but just to be safe think we better plan ahead. We went to Costco Friday night and spent about $80 on meat which I am happy with (actually expected to spend more so I cannot complain). We got a pack of Chicken Breasts (these are so big and meaty we only need to use one for meals), a tray of chicken thighs (to be used in soups and stew vs chicken chicken breast to save $$$) and 2 Pot Roast (These are massive will do a meal, leftovers plus we will be able to freeze some for later). To make it better both the Chicken Breasts and Thighs were on sale.

I am also trying to look ahead, work will cover my meals when I am on the road but there is only so much take out one person can handle. Luckily all of our locations are set up with lunch rooms and the hotels we stay in have fridges and microwaves so I am hoping to mix meals out with stuff I can take with me. It is only when I am in 2 locations do I have to worry as 3 locations are commutable but we will need a plan for 2 as I won't get home until much later and 1 is my cousin's location so when I go there I stay at his place and his wife cooks (she spoils all of us when we stay there). All and all I am hoping going in with a plan will make this a little smoother transition as the first few months of next year are probably going to be total insanity as there are a number of locations looking for my help plus we need to do our off season training.

Well time to go and look for recipes for the week and see if I can get Mom to agree to my meal plan. Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Cath many have accused me of many things when it comes to men but I have learned to never count my chickens before they hatch. Until I meet someone in person I leave my options open and to be put bluntly I keep my emotions out of it.

I admit just like you I used to get emotionally attached I could picture a future but too many times it did not pan out. My rule is I am looking for a guy he is looking for a girl and until there is commitment I have to assume he is still looking and he might find someone he thinks is a better fit. Not that I am not a wonderful person but let's face it different people are looking for different things. Example being from my personal life my career, some guys don't want a career driven woman they want they can see being a SAHM which is fine but based on my life right now that can't see that being me. Another issue some men is the fact I work in a male dominated industry and they do not like that I end up working in locations where I am the only girl in the location, me I see it as work they do not so we do not fit.

I know it does not stop the pain but dating sucks not going to lie. It is the one part of life no matter how hard you work you cannot guarantee you will get ahead, I speak from experience. You have to find someone who will love you for you and not keep looking for the next best thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Evening all,

Oh, J&C! It sounds very painful and upsetting! Hugs to you!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hey all,

After spending to much time online searching for same surgery and feedback, I have decided to wait a few more days. From what I can tell it's healing but open (shrug). I know the hospital won't close it up so I'll see how the week goes and if it looks worse I'll call for an appointment.

I was talking to pc financial yesterday and the lady said I should call ecofax.....yikes....so that is on my to do list tomorrow.

I have no idea what she is talking about but will follow her suggestion. Has anyone ever called ecofax and I've read online they give you a free report on your credit score....any insite would be appreciated. Are there any fees also what about transunion?

Well I asked dh to hang 3 pictures for me as he is anal with centering them etc and it got done this morning so I'm pleased it's done, I've been wanting this done for almost a year (eye rolling) BUT it's done.

Supper tonight is something with bacon, low key perhaps chicken & bacon sandwiches or something of the nature.

I need to get my meal plan for the week.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley hope you feel better soon

I would just be so excited to get to eat out so often, so many different types of foods out there but I know over time it would get to be too much. Good luck with tackling both jobs until your replacement is found.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Arrived home early afternoon. Laundry almost done and all put away. Kitchen clean. We brought tons of leftovers home so we ate those for lunch and dinner. Popped out to RCSS to pm the Tropicana that was on at no frills. Found 10pk mini cookies and cream chocolate bars for .74 cents for stocking stuffers. And coffee crisp for the cupboard lol. Have to go pick up the teen soon at work. Then cuddle time on the couch. The youngest is hitting the hay early. He was up late last night with his hockey buddies having a hotel room party lol. We lucked out had excellent breakfast both mornings for free at hotel so save our food for tomorrow. So I am ready to serve quick breakfast to kids before school then mama can get stuff done on my vacation day

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Survived a weekend with DH away at a youth ministry conference. I had an aunt, friend and my mom over to help and keep company. Made the time with him gone fun.

Today was church and our bible study (every second week). This week was a social and we went hiking at a local conservation area and out for dinner. Mom took older two. Babe in arms came and was sweet as can be. Nice way to end the weekend.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information