User Tag List

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2525Likes

Thread: December 2015 Frugal Chatter thread - all welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I don't remember who, but I was requested to leave feedback on the new knife that I recently earned with Sobeys stickers. The 8" chef's knife is really good! I like it. It's so sharp that it makes cutting things a lot easier, even really big carrots. You are also less likely to cut yourself with a sharp knife because you don't need to put force behind the knife to get it to cut. Food like tomatoes don't squish while you are trying to slice them.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Greetings, everyone!

Got some good grocery deals yesterday, so that was good.
    Folgers coffee for 7.99 at Sobey's, had one $3 coupon from an email, bought two to get $3 back from CO51.
    Sun Rype juice - $1 coupons, so free at Sobey's, .29 at London Drugs
    Cottonelle tp - 2 X $3 off 4.99 at London Drugs - have never tried it before
    Pepp. Farms cracker chips at LD - 3.99-2.50 coupon, I like the nacho flavour
    Sobeys - Signal froz corn 1 kg 2.99 - 50% off loaded on card

The best, though, was getting my fave back ribs at Co-op for 6.59/kg - which is an amazing price. Bought three packs of two slabs each, each pack was between $8-9.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -it might have been me, since you mentioned you were getting a knife and wanted the knife block as well.
    My favourite knife at home is a medium-length serrated knife but it's somewhat dull and makes vegetable chopping a chore. There are two bigger and sharper chef's knives in a block but they are heavy.
    Thanks for the review-always appreciate hearing from those in the know about Jamie's products!

Yesterday was rainy and foggy like Sleepy Hollow set up in town. Fog has streamed back in for a bit but not to the ground. Roasted frozen diced squash with oil in the toaster oven (mush!)and think I should have used parchment paper on a pan in the big oven instead. Did add in nutmeg and brown sugar to make it edible. Will try again with remaining squash in a couple of days. Put three Xmas cards in the mail and got the fourth one addressed so it will make the afternoon mail pickup.

Managed to get the side seams on my shirt done on Saturday. Will work on collar and button plackets today after the interfacing has been applied.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Value Village Thriftmas offer today is 50% off clothing, shoes, bed and ? Deleted the e-mail...last day of Thriftmas.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Another gift done at lunch! Can't wait to get home and sort my man's gifts and wrap them

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

GF Pie update:

while pouring in the pecans...saw "may contain wheat statement on bag"

DH did Bulk Barn run with preschoolers after I called "Compliments" to confirm there was a risk of cross-contamination on their production line and it wasn't just a blanket statement

I went to grocery store with baby and picked up some Tenderflake pre made crusts and extra ingredients to redo GF fillings (at least my GF crusts were still good!)

And what should have been 1.5h of baking was 5h of baking.

Thank goodness it was DH's day off! Now I have 4 pies instead of 2...2 GF, 2 not

I plan on sending one with DH to a church function and I think we will have pie for breakfast tomorrow. The other two are for Christmas and I will pop in the freezer!
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Dec 14th, 2015 at 09:23 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Pie for breakfast is a great idea. It's too bad about the extra work though.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A life long political party member hosts our monthly meetings. Her mental health and memory has been rapidly deteriorating this fall. Dh attending the meeting tonight and it is evident that she has gotten a lot worse since our meeting less than a month ago. We are all concerned. She is in her early 90s. She lives alone and still drives a car in town. Dh and a couple other younger members are having coffee right now, discussing what we should do. We might be able to find a way to contact her sons if we ask some other older members for more info. Unfortunately, Dh and I don't know her sons names. It is very sad.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    GF Pie update:

while pouring in the pecans...saw "may contain wheat statement on bag"

DH did Bulk Barn run with preschoolers after I called "Compliments" to confirm there was a risk of cross-contamination on their production line and it wasn't just a blanket statement

I went to grocery store with baby and picked up some Tenderflake pre made crusts and extra ingredients to redo GF fillings (at least my GF crusts were still good!)

And what should have been 1.5h of baking was 5h of baking.

Thank goodness it was DH's day off! Now I have 4 pies instead of 2...2 GF, 2 not

I plan on sending one with DH to a church function and I think we will have pie for breakfast tomorrow. The other two are for Christmas and I will pop in the freezer!
    My favourite kind of breakfast.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am totally up for Pie for Breakfast, say the person on many occasions has eaten cake for breakfast.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Tuesday which means just 2 more days I have to get up for work, yes the count down is on and we are all counting down to shut down not Christmas. We are off Friday for our company Christmas Lunch which is always a fun event all locations come together and we get to interact face to face with people we normally only speak with over the phone or via email. There are really only 2 times a year we get this chance one is our golf tournament and the other is the Christmas lunch.

I think I have finally figured out the majority of my Christmas baking so now I just need to make my lists of what I need to pick up. I will then make a list of what I can make when, there are number of things that can be made ahead of time so I hope to get a lot of that out of the way this weekend as Mom is working but I am off. Plus I am planning on spending Saturday, Sunday and Monday in my sweats relaxing with no schedule to follow (this is my gift to myself) so works out well for baking as I will not be leaving the house for these 3 days.

Today I will write my list of what I need to pick up gift wise on Friday when we go shopping, I am sticking to the one shot to get it all. I do not plan to enter any store again before Christmas.

I will also need to find time to clean up our house, I think I mentioned before we agreed to only clean the living room and everything for the day will be done in this room. This was mostly done for my own mental health as Mom is working and I am not taking on cleaning up the whole main floor on my own when almost everything in the dinning room is hers and I have no clue what to do with any of it. Decided to pick my battles yes I want the whole house clean but I have to be realistic and in being realistic is the fact I refusing to take it on and do it all myself.

Well time to get to this third last day of work and see what the day brings. Have a great day everyone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well went to the opthamologist yesterday -he is new as my other doctor decided to leave the city -very nice got hubby to go with me as I knew I needed drops put in -well I am on my way to glaucoma most likely as the pressure is up in my eyes -but not yet -he wishes to see me in 6 months for another check-up
    -off today to finish up my xmas shopping and get one more giftcard and my son wants me to look for a cheaper turkey
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Still recovering on anitibotics from my sinus infection-hoping to go back to work with the twins tomorrow as I should no longer be contagious. Daughters Xmas concert tonight-she is in the school band and choir. She still has the neck/shoulder pain and we are taking her to massage and chiropractor in an effort to help. We also did an Xray yesterday to be on the safe side and ensure there is nothing like scoliosis starting as this can show up in teen girls. Other than that just trying to get ready for Xmas along with everyone else.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Tuesday! Feeling good about my work day and hoping to leave with a clean desk again. Trying to tackle stuff as it comes in so I am done with it! Leaving early today for a meeting tonight but then I am on laundry and house clean up.
    Have a great day everyone!

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information