User Tag List

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2525Likes

Thread: December 2015 Frugal Chatter thread - all welcome!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season. I have a feeling the next few days will fly by for all of us!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Tried to turn my Christmas tree on tonight and I think the bulb is burned out. It`s the only decoration I have out. Right now I`m feeling like this.

I know I`ll regret it in the morning but I broke out the Pot of Gold truffles.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Wed, Dec 23rd, 2015 at 09:44 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am attempting to make English trifle( our traditional dessert for the holiday meal, plus we have some squares and cookies ready) Usually my Mum makes it but she has moved and so it is high time I learned how. I did email her for a few tips however! Tonight we are off to my brothers for stockings and finger foods, tomorrow is Xmas lunch with my daughters paternal birth grandparents and on Boxing Day we will host a grand total of 19 here for Xmas dinner. Sometimes we have Xmas dinner a day late to allow DD to be with her grandparents and also to ensure that my nieces and nephews that need to go to their inlaws on Xmas day can still come to our side of the families Xmas dinner-if not already too stuffed-lol!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Thu, Dec 24th, 2015 at 11:55 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I know everyone is very busy, just stopped in with a HI!

Made clodhoppers this morning, and I'm just headed to the kitchen to cut up many onions, and put the rice on to cook to start making cabbage rolls.

Enjoy whatever the day brings you!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Natalka-I really think your cabbage rolls sound yummy and would complement our menu perfectly! Too bad you are a little too far away for us to trade/share/exchange various traditional holiday foods! Enjoy!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

lizzie, it would be so nice to have a potluck with all of us SCers!

Just waiting for the rice and onions to cool, then I go roll the holubtsi - it takes time, but it's well worth it - especially watching my son drooool over them!

Lovely snowfall here, it looks SO gorgeous outside, it's -10.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh we have no snow to look at 13 degrees here -hubby and I sat on our wooden chairs on the back deck and soaked up a tiny bit of sunshine

-well a potluck sounds wonderfull -if only we could us ladies
    -nat yours cooking sounds wonderfull and lizzie too
    -angela such a large amount of baking -supermom

-I didn't bake this year only shortbread and my older brother whos 70 said it was lacking something (of course I am not as good as my mom she was a master at baked goods did it for 78 years ) -I imagine she started around age 12

-been so tired lately -cant sleep in the morning have been waking up at 4.30-5.30 every day this week -doesn't matter if I try to go to bed later

-going to hubby's neice's tonight for xmas get together with about 25 people -cant wait

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

CG-it is -13 here and it has been snowing today so a White Christmas for us. I have 3, 16 year olds here playing piano and eating Xmas baking so not too quiet around here!! Out for munchies and stockings in an hour or so!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Merry Christmas to all!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It has been an emotional roller coaster this week. There were human remains found in my community on Dec 21. They were identified on Dec 24 as those of a 33yr old man who went missing on Nov 12. He was in with a bad crowd, but it'll be particularly hard for the family.

A guy that we know from politics just lost his mom this week. She had lived a long life, but it will still be hard for the family.

This week last year my husband's cousin, who was only 2yrs younger than me, died suddenly in hospital. She left behind a son who is now 9yrs old. They still have not yet determined an official cause of death, even after 2 autopsies and numerous tests. They had been treating her for an unknown illness, but it may have been a drug interaction that killed her. Our daughter's middle name is in her honour.

A friend of mine lost her mom to an aggressive cancer this week last year.

Last night we celebrated Christmas with dh's coworker. They were sweet and had a Christmas stocking of goodies for our 3yr old. Her teenage daughter had a special announcement for her in the form of a coffee mug. She is going to be a grandma in July. Mom at 18, grandma at 36. She and I suspected because of her mannerisms and the way that she was interacting with our twins. Her daughter is in grade 12...I hope she manages to graduate this spring. The father just graduated last June. They have already moved out and now have plans to move into a nicer place next Month.

My younger sister just finished university final exams. She is coming to visit us for the weekend, from 5hrs away. She hasn't seen our twins since they were 3wks old. Dh's birthday is on Monday.

This is the first year that our 3yr old is into Santa. He has been telling us cute stories in anticipation. I'm excited! I'm currently up nursing the twins, she and our son are still sleeping.

Sorry for the long Christmas Day post, but I just wanted to elaborate. I hope other people's Christmas is "blessedly uneventful".

Merry Christmas! 😀

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-angela hope 2016 is a better year

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

merry xmas everyone -hope you all have a wonderfull day with family /friends

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Angela Sorry about all the deaths. It`s especially hard at this time of year.
    Hope everyone has a good Christmas

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So sorry for the losses Angela

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information