User Tag List

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: 2016 financial resolutions.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have not bought lunch in the 1st pay of the year. So far its 10/0 for bringing lunch from home vs. buying it. I have also bought only 1 coffee in that time. & since I received a huge Starbucks GC for Christmas the coffee was really a gift. my goal is to make lunch for the entire month of January.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lilo0003 great job on the lunches & coffee front, you're more than 1/2 way through the month - the rest should be a breeze
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We purchased 3 interior doors, trim and the hardware yesterday (Saturday) I paid with my pc mc and will transfer the funds from the reno account, nice to have funds set aside to get projects done around the house.

I also have enough $ set aside to cover our firewood for the fall. I will be taking that allotted amount going forward in February and putting it towards rebuilding the emergency fund.

Also dh's pay went into the vehicle maintenance account and we just need a little bit more to cover his body work on the truck.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Transferred money into savings and TFSA. Interest rates suck but better then spending it!

Will start my list of things to get done around the house (inside). I figure if write down "everything" I can look at it and pick something everyday etc. I have 7 cans of paint ready to be tinted so will decide which room to start with Will start with all the projects that I don't need to buy anything for.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I'm 6/6 on taking my lunch to work so far this year, and 5/6 on bringing my coffee! (I was on vacation until the 11th, so I haven't had many work days this month yet.)

Our dishwasher died a horrible death this week, so I'll be switching priorities on some of the home maintenance purchases we make, but overall our home maintenance budget still looks to be in decent shape.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have only bought 1 coffee (during the work week) since back so that is pretty darn good! And I have been waiting till I get to work till I have a coffee so saving our coffee and cream for the weekend.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Love reading what everyone is doing We're in deep discussions on how to allocate our funds (debt, rrsps, wedding fund etc) It's all a little overwhelming!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    Love reading what everyone is doing We're in deep discussions on how to allocate our funds (debt, rrsps, wedding fund etc) It's all a little overwhelming!
    If you are discussing it "together" then you are half way there!!! You can do anything together
    macw1960 and bobbiegirl2010 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My main resolution is to stay out of the stores this year.

I also bought a journal at the dollar store and I list my receipts at the end of the day. What an eye-opener that is - I found out what my spending weakness areas are.
    wimbly11, macw1960, lecale and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    My 2016 resolutions are

1. Stay afloat as much as possible for the 3 to 4 months bf is on medical leave.
    2. Once bf is back to work rebuild my emergency savings and our joint savings.
    3. Try not to rely on credit.
    4. Start a vet bill savings for dragon's recurring yeast infections.
    5. Paint the living room.
    6. Do better with coupons and shopping sales. We got lax with it last year.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Amending a touch.
    Adding in

Work on Christmas savings account once bf is back to work.

Work a new stove into the budget through either "bonuses" from work or income tax.

We are doing a ton better already using sales. Im finding though much of what there are coupons for are more expensive brands we dont use...things we dont use orthings that arent available in the stores here. Which may have contributed to my lesser use of coupons last year.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Saundyl: I agree on the coupon usage. So far this year I have used 1 coupon for 50 cents. So many are things I don't buy.
    Happy to report that I made lunch 5 dys this week. Next week will be easy since I am in all day meetings so work supplies lunch.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I hardly use coupons these days either. Price Matching and really shopping the sales is where I save.
    coupon girl and PurpleBunny89 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am happy to report that I did not buy lunch at all in January. I am pretty pleased with myself as I would normally spend 30.00 a week. February starts off easy as I am in all day meeting with a client so that means breakfast and lunch will be provided Monday and Tuesday. I have also not even started to use my Starbucks gift card.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well funds were there to pay for garage door -put it on my visa last month paid it off this month
    -hubby needs new tires so on the visa it goes and pay it off next month -it really helps to put aside a couple hundred each month into our savings
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

part of my 2016 financial resolution involves growing a pair! lol!!! By that I mean finding my voice to ask my grown kids to cough up their share when we go anywhere ( restaurant, show ) without feeling guilty! I am improving and turns out they do not mind at all, but DH makes me the bad guy to ask them....chicken sh*t that he is.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information