User Tag List

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2595Likes

Thread: January 2016 frugal chat thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Snowing here still. Day at work, quick meeting this afternoon then home for the night. (Well till the teen needs to be picked up at work) But that's ok because then I will finish the laundry that I put on last night Cleaning out the fridge tonight so dinner will be leftovers and whatever else I make to go with it. Then I have a list of things I want to get done.
    Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@walkonby I hear you about sending dh's to the grocery stores with list, things get put in the cart which were not on the list but 1 must weigh the benefits when not mobile. Hope your pain subsides soon (hugs)
    @coupon girl sounds like your daughter and her dh have found their balance in life and finances, great to hear

Supper tonight is homemade pogos and veggies with dip. I received a new deep fryer for Christmas, however, I don't believe the pogos will fit in the fryer, I'll see if it will work if not back to the old pot on the stovetop.

Our cottage was re-evaluated over the summer and we received an invoice for the difference in value, sadly $333.60 I was not expecting to have to pay this month BUT thankfully the money was in the cottage account so it all worked out.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Pulled 4 pork chops from the freezer this morning for tomorrow nights dinner. Thinking I may cut in strip and cook up and add a bit of sauce. Serve with veggies, perogies/rice. They were purchased in August 2015 so really need to start using stuff up before we buy more. The small deep freeze seems to never get empty. The freezer on bottom of fridge was starting to have space but I loaded it up with $2 pizzas for DS and friends.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Stayed home sick today with a nasty earache that's made ne dizzy and hard to wear my glasses. Its started to ease up with drops and heat applied.

We are doing smokies and perogies for supper tonight. Tomorrow will be pork loin dast fry chops with pasta. Thursday is to be chicken and stir fry.

Ive sold 18 dish cloths this past week. We have hockey out of town next weekend so my cloth sales and computer repair money is going to meals for the trip.

On that note im finishing up someknitted projects i started and then will start "poopsie's" blanket to have ready for when my sister has him in march.

We still await confirmation of the mortgage insurance.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl hope you feel better soon

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @saundyl hope you feel better soon
    Thank you

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Stayed home sick today with a nasty earache that's made ne dizzy and hard to wear my glasses. Its started to ease up with drops and heat applied.

We are doing smokies and perogies for supper tonight. Tomorrow will be pork loin dast fry chops with pasta. Thursday is to be chicken and stir fry.

Ive sold 18 dish cloths this past week. We have hockey out of town next weekend so my cloth sales and computer repair money is going to meals for the trip.

On that note im finishing up someknitted projects i started and then will start "poopsie's" blanket to have ready for when my sister has him in march.

Ow! Earaches are awful! My nanna used to warm up a potato, put it in a sock and apply to ear! I guess it was the heat that helped! Hope you feel better soon!
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Sounds like some very busy folks! I did laundry, groceries and will watch the 14 month old twins this aft while the parents take the 5 year old twins to hockey-then back to my 5 week old twins tomorrow-never a dull moment. DD has final exams this week and then we are off to Buenos Aires for 2 weeks to visit my sister.
    I forgot about your upcoming trip! I hope you miss a nasty part of your winter! I'm sure you're looking forward to it!
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    Well, house is listed, "staged" and on MLS. First showing is tomorrow at 10:30 - Fingers crossed!

DH is feeling so badly that he can't help very much. This is precisely why I want to move now. He has a CT and bone scan booked for the last week in January - these are regular follow-ups with his clinical trial for his cancer. He is in a lot of pain, though, and I'm hoping that now that we have the house to the point that it can be shown, that he'll give his oncologist a call and try to get in earlier.

I just HAD to have a shower before I got in bed and thought I'd check things out here.

Walks, I just heard about your back/leg issue - What a stinker! I have been a long time back sufferer and I know it's so frustrating and painful when you get a full-blown "attack." Gentle hugs your way!

Coupon girl - I hate to say it but my "cold" lasted almost 2 weeks! Take care and rest when you can. Lots of vitamin C.

Your daughter's trip to Rome sounds wonderful!

Frugalbigmamma! You are always so organized with your meal planning - you too, J&C!

Well, I think I should head off to bed. I have to vacuum in the morning and put a few extra things in the basement.

Good night! Hope you are all surviving this COLD SNAP!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Hope you feel better soon. I have a question about your dish cloths. I also crochet them but they shrink quite a bit after putting them in the wash. What size are your dish cloths before washing them....that would be helpful to know since I'm relatively new to this as well How much do you sell your dish cloths for? I'm think of making some for a fund raiser here and want to know what to price them for.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks!
    Well, house is listed, "staged" and on MLS. First showing is tomorrow at 10:30 - Fingers crossed!

DH is feeling so badly that he can't help very much. This is precisely why I want to move now. He has a CT and bone scan booked for the last week in January - these are regular follow-ups with his clinical trial for his cancer. He is in a lot of pain, though, and I'm hoping that now that we have the house to the point that it can be shown, that he'll give his oncologist a call and try to get in earlier.

I just HAD to have a shower before I got in bed and thought I'd check things out here.

Walks, I just heard about your back/leg issue - What a stinker! I have been a long time back sufferer and I know it's so frustrating and painful when you get a full-blown "attack." Gentle hugs your way!

Coupon girl - I hate to say it but my "cold" lasted almost 2 weeks! Take care and rest when you can. Lots of vitamin C.

Your daughter's trip to Rome sounds wonderful!

Frugalbigmamma! You are always so organized with your meal planning - you too, J&C!

Well, I think I should head off to bed. I have to vacuum in the morning and put a few extra things in the basement.

Good night! Hope you are all surviving this COLD SNAP!
    oh @avoncallingu fingers crossed the house sells quickly, sure sounds like you and your dh sure have a lot going on AND the house sale would relieve a ton of stress and allow you both to focus on the more important things in life which is family. Life is precious and sometimes so short, hugs to you both and I hope your dh does make the call to get in earlier.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Are you applying for mortgage insurance?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    oh @avoncallingu fingers crossed the house sells quickly, sure sounds like you and your dh sure have a lot going on AND the house sale would relieve a ton of stress and allow you both to focus on the more important things in life which is family. Life is precious and sometimes so short, hugs to you both and I hope your dh does make the call to get in earlier.
    Well said J@C! This is why this year I am embracing the moments. My kids are growing quickly. Planning lots of fun days for us this year. May even skip school

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Snowy day here again. Thankful my honey took my vehicle for winter tires last week. I have 22 Km left before I run out of gas lol. So getting gas at lunch for sure! Gas popped up 13 cents a litre the other day from our usual lower price so I was at 1/2 and could wait it out. It has been back down the past few days so time to fill up.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

avoncallinu-hope hubby feels better and good luck with the sale of your house

-this is the year I am going thru and donating a lot or putting on kijiji -need to get rid of some things and simplify
    -well went to watch ashlyn today and my son came home -work sent him home cause he has pink eye now but he got on meds yesterday -so asked hubby to stop at fortinos on way home as I had an 2 offers for deli meat -I only had one bag and the total came to 33.08 -I then said to hubby see how much groceries are as he decided to come in with me instead of sitting in the car

so happy with the 2 sets of points for the deli meat
    10 slices of lean turkey breast meat 7.21-1,400 points on deli meat -1,400 points on self serve meat -maybe I wasn't suppose to get the 2 but It was awarded to me ,after points =4.41

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information